Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 657938 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4995 on: July 19, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »

A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths (IVs), which has never been possible before.

Neat. Probably still faster to just breed them how you want them, but buffing up your shinies and having non-cloned 6IV dittos is something.
Oh man, finally you won't have to spend literal weeks / months grinding out your perfect Pokemon. Or cheat.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: July 19, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »

I don't see how Hyper Training would be slower than thoroughbreeding. It takes maybe an hour or two to reach max EVs with Super Training. I guess it depends on how these "Bottle Caps" are obtained.

Even if bottle caps were free, you'll still have to be level 100 to begin hyper training -- that takes time. Provided you have some 6 IV pokemon in the egg group (or a cheated/hyper trained 6 IV ditto) then you can pretty much go from nothing to 6 IV in approximately 70 hatches, which takes about an hour or two. I don't know how long it takes to hit 100, but my feeling is that it takes longer than that.

[Edit]I forgot about genders. That'll double it or worse, but you can sidestep that with a 6 IV ditto, which will now be plentiful.[/Edit]

If you're going for a specific hidden power, that'll complicate things immensely, but if hyper training just maxes the IV, then that won't help either.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:52:34 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: July 19, 2016, 11:46:48 pm »

Quote from: Pokedex
Because it exudes a delicious smell from its entire body, Bounsweet is popular with Pokémon and people of the Alola region. Bounsweet’s scent has a calming effect on humans, so many people let them live inside their homes as a sort of air freshener. Unfortunately, it’s sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma. When running away from other Pokémon, Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don’t convey to others that it’s actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid.

Never stop being depressing and/or horrifying, Pokemon.

Never stop.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: July 20, 2016, 12:27:45 am »

Isn't there a pokemon that wears its mother's skull and mourns constantly?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: July 20, 2016, 04:52:08 am »

Please, Cubone is far from the most depressing and/or horrifying Pokemon.

For example, Drifloon is popular with children because they're think they're playing with a fun balloon. Drifloon is actually trying to kidnap and kill the children but isn't strong enough to drag them off. {It's evolution, Drifblim, is. And does.}
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: July 20, 2016, 09:23:00 am »

Not sure why Charmander wouldn't be most horrifying.

"Oops, I accidentally the entire town and forest and the rest of Japan too" - Charmander, probably
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: July 20, 2016, 09:26:36 am »

Not to mention the parasitic fungus Pokémon that consumes all traces of its hosts' mind upon evolving, leaving it a soulless husk for the parasite to use as a puppet body.

I will never get over the fact that there is an adorable Cordyceps Pokémon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:51 am »

Not to mention the parasitic fungus Pokémon that consumes all traces of its hosts' mind upon evolving, leaving it a soulless husk for the parasite to use as a puppet body.

I will never get over the fact that there is an adorable Cordyceps Pokémon.

... Wow. I didn't realize that was how Paras worked. Really puts the episode with the cowardly paras that everyone wants to evolve for monetary gain into perspective...

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: July 20, 2016, 11:02:00 am »

From looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act, I'm not sure if the CFAA could even apply. I mean, the items and pokemon in the game have no value (I guarantee the TOS even says so). Of course, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not even playing the game at all, but I've looked at it. I wouldn't want to give them access to my google account and everything on my phone, or let them drain my battery super-fast, even if the app was available for it.

Ugh, I didn't really want to do the point-by-point breakdown, but yes, the CFAA probably makes things like cheating at pokemans a federal crime (which is why the CFAA is so widely reviled). Again, the point of all of this is not that anybody will go to jail for cheating at pokemon go or any other online game. The point is that the CFAA is a terrible law.

The CFAA has no requirement that you obtain anything of value. There are many, many ways to violate the CFAA, but the relevant one here: "intentionally accesses a computer without authorization or exceeds authorized access, and thereby obtains information from any protected computer". (sec. 1030(a)(2).

"exceeding authorized access" is defined in sec. 1030(e)(6). It means "to access a computer with authorization and to use such access to obtain or alter information in the computer that the accesser is not entitled so to obtain or alter". Here, that would be mean that you're accessing the servers in violation of the TOS. You might be entitled to log in to the server with your account, but not to then spoof your location, which alters the information in the game server as to your location. You're also "obtaining information" about pokemans in the spoofed location that you wouldn't be entitled to obtain through their servers, but you're getting that information because you've exceeded your authorized access via GPS spoofing.

"protected computer" is defined in sec. 1030(e)(2)(B). It just means a computer "which is used in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce or communication." Which is pretty much every computer ever, even ones not connected to the internet.

Anyway, I agree that nobody is is getting prosecuted for it (probably), but it's not exactly wrong to say that GPS spoofing in pokemon go is "illegal."

source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030 ; I am a lawyer

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:03 am »

also it has been recently made worse, and they didn't listen to all the objections from experts from the field

(like, penetration testing under the current law is illegal mo matter the waiver if involves a third party program)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: July 20, 2016, 11:53:07 am »

also it has been recently made worse, and they didn't listen to all the objections from experts from the field

(like, penetration testing under the current law is illegal mo matter the waiver if involves a third party program)
Because arresting people for doing legal work makes sense, sure. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: July 20, 2016, 11:55:01 am »

Anyone used www.pokevision.com ? Seems legitimate.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: July 20, 2016, 12:06:01 pm »

Anyone used www.pokevision.com ? Seems legitimate.
Ohhhhhh wow.  This might get salty.

This is basically the Ingress Intel Map, except the Intel Map was a legitimate service offered by Niantic.  It also really sucked, it was slow and reloaded things constantly.  This is more like IITC, a fan project which used Niantic's API to make a better map.

Thing is, the map was better.  A lot better.  More efficient, but also it showed things which weren't visible on the official map.

I always resented it a little, but basically Niantic allowed it.  They changed their API sometimes, but basically IITC was a necessary part of playing Ingress seriously (particularly at events).

This, though... wow.  I'm surprised this data is even in the API.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It's pulling on the servers of course, but actually probably not all that much.  Less than a person walking around constantly polling, surely, and they've put in a significant delay between scans.

Since it doesn't require logging in, it's certainly safe to use...  And I dunno, probably fine too?  Still have to walk out and get them (or ride out, probably).  The timers are surprisingly long, too, neat look into the mechanics-

oh the site's offline
probably getting smashed by requests haha
well anyway this looks cool
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: July 20, 2016, 12:25:14 pm »

I refreshed it a few times and learned that there's weedles in my area. And also a ton of zubats which I already knew because my workmates catch a ton on their break.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 463