Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 661113 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #3270 on: April 30, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: April 30, 2016, 10:18:09 pm »

While older ones may be of use in the artillery and armored divisions, the proper place for most child soldiers is the infantry.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 30, 2016, 10:19:46 pm »

While older ones may be of use in the artillery and armored divisions, the proper place for most child soldiers is the infantry.

Also a failure for actually being funny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3273 on: April 30, 2016, 10:29:48 pm »

I'm sorry, but you fail your English test. You misspelt 'Navy'
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:19 pm »

I don't get it.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3275 on: April 30, 2016, 10:33:39 pm »

I thought you were referencing Girls und Panzer, an anime where little schoolgirls operate tanks. In response, I referenced Haifuri, an anime where schoolgirls operate warships.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 30, 2016, 10:40:39 pm »

The word "infantry" is based on the French word for child, on the ludicrous logic that children follow directions and so do foot soldiers.  What super-secret parenting method have the French been hiding all this time???
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 30, 2016, 11:29:43 pm »

...Also, what super secret military command methods have they been hiding?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3278 on: April 30, 2016, 11:31:32 pm »

I thought you were referencing Girls und Panzer, an anime where little schoolgirls operate tanks. In response, I referenced Haifuri, an anime where schoolgirls operate warships.
That was, in fact, a terrible joke.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3279 on: May 01, 2016, 02:11:56 am »

That was, in fact, a terrible joke.
Your mom was a terrible joke!
That was a terrible joke

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: May 01, 2016, 02:35:13 am »

This thread is a terrible joke
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: May 01, 2016, 02:41:36 am »

The word "infantry" is based on the French word for child, on the ludicrous logic that children follow directions and so do foot soldiers.  What super-secret parenting method have the French been hiding all this time???

Traditional parenting, threat of violence.

But French Enfant for a young child is not the source of French Infanterie (the spelling should give that away). It came to French seperately via the Spanish, infantería ‎which were low-ranked and inexperienced troops (unable to afford to join the cavalry). Both derive from the Latin for "youth". Basically they were units made up of young conscripts who had few means.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/infantry
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:50:35 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: May 01, 2016, 02:16:38 pm »

Same thing which motivated the french foreigns. Citizenship.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: May 01, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »

A cat is behind the steering wheel at a four-way-stop during a traffic jam. While other drivers seem to be all the other cars in his lane by, he can't find room no matter how close he looks. If he so much as moves an inch, the gap closes and he has to back up again, the other cars coming uncomfortably close to hitting his bumper. In his frustration, he grumbles,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: May 01, 2016, 07:33:16 pm »

A man wants to join the CIA. The recruiter: "You fulfill the physical demands, but we have to do a character test too. Here is a loaded gun. Go into room 23B and shoot the person inside, and ask no questions." The man goes into 23B...just to find his wife gagged and bound to a chair.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 316