Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 663122 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #4081 on: August 07, 2018, 03:57:14 pm »

An elegantly concieved but nonetheless terrible joke:

Why did I have sex with my cousin in Germany?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: August 07, 2018, 04:03:02 pm »

Should be careful with that, incestuous conceptions have a higher rate of birth defects.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: August 07, 2018, 09:49:22 pm »

What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »

I guess he lost trac of it...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: August 08, 2018, 12:03:45 am »

What do you call a wondering nun?

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: August 08, 2018, 07:18:12 am »

If terrible only means terrible in conception rather than in execution, fine. Otherwise, you mean "wandering nun", not "wondering nun"
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: August 08, 2018, 07:21:20 am »

If terrible only means terrible in conception rather than in execution, fine. Otherwise, you mean "wandering nun", not "wondering nun"
They could be wondering where they're going, however.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: August 08, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »

He true punchline is also Roamin’ Catholic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:20 am »

so you divorced Minnie because she's extremely silly? No! I said she was fucking Goofy!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: August 16, 2018, 01:14:49 am »

Should be careful with that, incestuous conceptions have a higher rate of birth defects.

Spoiler: not a joke (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: August 16, 2018, 01:23:18 am »

Aye, second cousin. That’s like...

*looks it up*

Your parent’s first cousin’s kid. So your... parent’s parent’s sibling’s child’s child. You share a direct relative (well, two) from three generations prior.

*shrugs* I have no idea what that means genetically.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: August 16, 2018, 06:54:14 am »

*shrugs* I have no idea what that means genetically.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

As far as defects go, there are two competing effects. If too close, you're likely to get more defects due to doubling-up of defective genes. If too far, you're likely to get more defects due to having incompatible genes.

It turns out that there's a big spike of defects in the "very close" range then a gradual increase in defects further out. But around third cousins the graph is the lowest. That's the "sweet spot", statistically: People who have 2 great-great-grandparents in common.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:20:48 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: August 16, 2018, 02:56:21 pm »

So, this was my go-to terrible joke for parties and gatherings, up until the moment I fully realized how god-awful my Amirishcan accent was. At which point, I started upon the long and winding journey towards hating myself forever.

A bartender is tending his sleepy little bar in a sleepy little town in New England, when he notices a new face come in. Sitting himself on one of the barstools, the stranger proceeds to, in a very noticeable Irish accent, order two pints of Guinness.

The bartender serves him, and then observes as the man takes a sip from one glass, contemplates for a bit, and then takes a sip from the other glass; alternating back and forth between them until both glasses are empty. He then bids good night and leaves.

This pattern continues every week, with the man ordering two pints and then drinking them both in parallel. Eventually, after a few weeks of the same behavior, the bartender's curiosity finally gets the better of him.

"Hey, no offense or anything, but I have to ask... Every week you come in here, and do the same thing with ordering two beers at once and then drinking from one then the other... Is there some special reason you do that or what?"

The Irishman looks up and says "Ah... Y'see, back in Ireland, me and my brother would always head 'round to the pub together on nights like these, have us a pint and talk about old times. Since I came here, I've been ordering two glasses so's I could still drink with him despite being apart. Keeps me from getting too homesick."

His question answered, the bartender goes back to minding his own business.

The Irishman comes back the next week, and the ritual continues as before. Then, several weeks later, the man comes back to the bar on a particularly gloomy evening, and orders a single pint of Guinness.

The bartender, realizing what's happened, gives the man some space to drink alone for a while. When he's about finished his glass, the bartender then comes over and says in a somber tone "Listen, I don't mean to intrude or anything, but I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about your brother."

The Irishman looks very confused, then an expression of relief and amusement crosses his face. Laughing, he says "Oh nah, brother's fine! It's just that I've quit drinking!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: August 19, 2018, 01:43:18 pm »

I really like that one!

So I was catching up in a webcomic, and found the following in the top of the comment section.
Quote from:  Junebugs    April 1, 2018 at 2:33 am
You are a language criminal. And you belong in word jail. >[
Quote from:  HeySo April 1, 2018 at 3:52 am

“word jail”

I hear they really watch their language there.
I hear they keep to a really punctual schedule there.
I hear the sentences they give out really run on.
I hear you have to be careful with your attitude, or the guards will leave you dealing with a com(m)a.
I hear they keep trying to imprison Larry Bird. Y’know, ’cause Bird is the word.
I hear that the only thing they serve in the prison is alphabet soup.
I hear..
Edit: From https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/01/24/sagacity
Quote from: Neuroskeptic / January 2014
Word Jail, to me, implies a jail for actual words. "We've got you now, 'sheeple'. You'll do fifty years for your crimes."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:47:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 316