Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1818195 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9255 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »

worst case, should* be able to disassemble the rifle it's on to remove it.

*should, based on RL version of weapon being (relatively) easily removed.
Have not run into one in-game yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

I can confirm that skintight clothing does not feed into the layering encumbrance penalty for normal clothing. So if you wear a 'skintight' piece of clothing and a coat above it, it still counts as only 1 layer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: December 09, 2013, 09:50:11 pm »

I can confirm that skintight clothing does not feed into the layering encumbrance penalty for normal clothing. So if you wear a 'skintight' piece of clothing and a coat above it, it still counts as only 1 layer.
Hah! Empirical evidence proves right! :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: December 09, 2013, 11:44:55 pm »

Good, I can cross dress my guys for extra warmth for no penalty.

Hurrah for skintight panties and bras :P

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: December 10, 2013, 01:25:49 am »

worst case, should* be able to disassemble the rifle it's on to remove it.

*should, based on RL version of weapon being (relatively) easily removed.
Have not run into one in-game yet.

I wanted to replace the beanbags I accidentally loaded with slugs. But since it only holds 4, I decided to just shoot them at rabbits. I couldn't find any way of unloading them.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: December 10, 2013, 01:41:26 am »

I love it when the game is actually nice to me. I was searching through gun shops and hardware stores trying to find a hand press & die kit with no luck. Then a kill a random zombie in a restaurant and get one off the corpse.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: December 10, 2013, 01:49:22 am »

I'm currently running around with a Zweihander and bone armor boots, helmet, and gloves, along with plated leather body armor.  Trying to save the bones up for bone chest armor, but being in the city doesn't produce many animals, so I'm mostly scavenging off skeletons and stray foxes.

No luck finding a welder yet, so no WARBUS recreation...  But raided a few libraries and there's several electronics stores, so I can still get a makeshift welder and work it anyways.  REALLY hoping I get lucky with a toolset bionic drop though!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: December 10, 2013, 02:41:58 am »

If you have enough electronics stores around for spare welders, take a minute to weld up a solar panel and battery to a frame, then drag it outside and let that charge in the sun. Batteries keep their charges when removed now, and a vehicle welder with fully charged car battery runs a long, long time while still being draggable and not eating up batteries. You ca hook up a kitchen unit or chemistry set for cooking to the same device and have an indoor utilities counter without needing a full vehicle to restructure first.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:05 am »

If you have enough electronics stores around for spare welders, take a minute to weld up a solar panel and battery to a frame, then drag it outside and let that charge in the sun. Batteries keep their charges when removed now, and a vehicle welder with fully charged car battery runs a long, long time while still being draggable and not eating up batteries. You ca hook up a kitchen unit or chemistry set for cooking to the same device and have an indoor utilities counter without needing a full vehicle to restructure first.
I would like to know how one can get or create a vehicle welder. My Mechanics (11) character can't...seem to make one.

Is it possible to make batteries out of anything else other than concentrated acid..which the only formula I find needs 125x batteries?...Which seems counterproductive given that I only make 100x batteries from them >_>

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: December 10, 2013, 03:17:45 am »

I would like to know how one can get or create a vehicle welder. My Mechanics (11) character can't...seem to make one.

Is it possible to make batteries out of anything else other than concentrated acid..which the only formula I find needs 125x batteries?...Which seems counterproductive given that I only make 100x batteries from them >_>

Vehicle welding rig requires Fabrication 4 (primary) and electronics 4 (requisite secondary).

Batteries can be made out of 2 lemons, 1 concentrated acid, or 2 vinegar.
Concentrated acid comes from acid water, which can be collected with a funnel during acid rains (If you're lucky and the rain lasts a long time) or from 1 water and 5 charges (5 batteries or charges of a storage battery if using the vehicular mount) of a chemistry set.

The chemistry set requires Fabrication 2 (primary) and cooking 2, as well as:
5 wire or 5 copper wire
1 hotplate
1 safety glasses
3 rubber hoses
4 glass bottles or 4 glass flasks
1 backpack, leather backpack, rucksack, or duffel bag.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9265 on: December 10, 2013, 03:22:05 am »

@Tiruin: Unless I'm mistaken, you're mistaken.
That sounds like you're looking at the Chem list, and that's the recipe *for* concentrated acid.
Batteries are on the Electronics list, and take lemon, acid, or vinegar, as well as a piece of metal (from various sources) and one of the metallic container types.

E:ninja'd

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: December 10, 2013, 03:54:40 am »

Vehicle welding rig requires Fabrication 4 (primary) and electronics 4 (requisite secondary).
...I should learn to post my character skills in full next time.
@Tiruin: Unless I'm mistaken, you're mistaken.[...]
You did it perfectly.
Thank you guys so much.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: December 10, 2013, 10:09:37 am »

So what are the devs working on now?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:22 am »

I'm working on NPCs with swwu, so I can start putting in the backer's custom NPCs.
Some NPCs would be nice for the game I think. Can we use them as meatshields eventually?

And since google chrome wanted to correct meatsheilds (i after e) as sweaters, I hereby request we be able to make warm clothing from them as well.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: December 10, 2013, 12:12:11 pm »

I'm working on NPCs with swwu, so I can start putting in the backer's custom NPCs.
Some NPCs would be nice for the game I think. Can we use them as meatshields eventually?

And since google chrome wanted to correct meatsheilds (i after e) as sweaters, I hereby request we be able to make warm clothing from them as well.

You misunderstand what Google is trying to tell you. Clearly, you should flay NPCs and wear their skin.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1086