Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515271 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Dissidents Sentenced To Worst Fate - Suburbia [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4425 on: April 14, 2017, 07:41:53 am »

North Korea has issued a statement that they want the US to stop provoking them, and repeating that they will continue nuclear tests whenever they feel that is in their country's best interest. They announced a new nuclear test coming saturday, to celebrate the birthday of Kim il-Sung, the nation's founder.

So I guess we'll find out how serious Trump was coming saturday.

Saturday US/Europe timezone(s) or Saturday NK timezone? Which could still mean Friday here in the US/Europe.

Using those MOABs is certainly a possibility, though attempting to bunker bomb a reinforced nuclear bunker is different from bunker bombing a cave system.

edit: This is interesting, VP Mike Pence is headed to South Korea this Saturday. I imagine that Trump might not want to do anything while Pence is there, unless they can be absolutely sure of getting him out of potential harms way quickly.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:13:24 am by smjjames »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: April 14, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »

edit: This is interesting, VP Mike Pence is headed to South Korea this Saturday. I imagine that Trump might not want to do anything while Pence is there, unless they can be absolutely sure of getting him out of potential harms way quickly.

Maybe this is all an overly elaborate way for Trump to get rid of Pence for some reason?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: April 14, 2017, 02:46:00 pm »

stop provoking them
"We deny any responsibility for our own actions"

they will continue nuclear tests whenever they feel that is in their country's best interest
"Either it is in our country's best interest to incite and lose a war, or we don't know what a 'consequence' is"
Pretty standard saber-rattling. The US is saying pretty much the same thing, with the obvious exception that they'd "win" any ensuing conflict rather utterly. Whether there'd be a net benefit to the results is a more complicated question that usually leans towards no.

It's like a really stupid version of the Cuban Missile Crisis, really.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: April 14, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »

To be fair, from my perspective the cuban missile crisis and the entirety of the cold war was really fucking stupid to begin with.

Here's hoping there's no further war, I guess...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: April 14, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »

To be fair, from my perspective the cuban missile crisis and the entirety of the cold war was really fucking stupid to begin with.

Here's hoping there's no further war, I guess...

USSR: Rah! You have power and a differing ideological system for your nation! We HATE that!
USA: I agree wholeheartedly, pinko communist motherfucker! Your ideology is different and therefore PURE UNADULTERATED EVIL!
USSR: We should passive-aggressively stare at each other whilst fondling our weapons for the next few centuries!
Germany: Why don't you two just fuck already and get it over with?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: April 14, 2017, 06:54:06 pm »

A point to consider: Tomorrow, April 15th, is the Day of the Sun in DPRK. This marks the birthday of Kim Il-Sung and is considered a time to show off, hence the concerns about nuclear testing. Guess we'll see.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: April 14, 2017, 09:41:58 pm »

Well, maybe they've got another one of those MOABs ready...

Dont forget America's motto "Freedom for All"....

Using those MOABs is certainly a possibility, though attempting to bunker bomb a reinforced nuclear bunker is different from bunker bombing a cave system.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note, they had only built the Bunker buster within a month from request to use...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:58:24 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: April 15, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »

South Korean military reports that North Korea tried launching a missile, but failed. US Forces report the missile detonated during launch.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-raketlancering-noord-korea-mislukt~a4487664/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: April 15, 2017, 07:00:27 pm »

Don't you hate it when the birthday candle just refuses to light?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: April 15, 2017, 07:01:34 pm »

Hm. Wonder if it was a genuine failure or intentional middle ground between submitting to tyrannical aggressor's illegal demands and poking the bear with a stick.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: April 15, 2017, 07:03:15 pm »

Probably a genuine failure, NK missile tests have a habit of doing that. Besides, I doubt Kim Young-One would accept losing face just for middle ground's sake.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: April 16, 2017, 12:37:22 am »

Yeah I doubt that the upper hierarchy would order the missile to fail and look weak internally, or the lower officers would have the balls to sabotage it, or the motivation to. Probably just a routine failure. Here's hoping that they don't go to a nuclear test next.

United Forenia Forever!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: April 16, 2017, 04:30:55 am »

Could it be said that BK's rocket programme suffers from premature ejaculation?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: April 16, 2017, 06:13:00 am »

Could be US sabotage too: there was a number of missile test hacked.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: April 16, 2017, 08:05:47 am »

A British secret agent surfed up to the NK beaches and planted an explosive in the midst of the valuable package...
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 341