Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515009 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Jong-un Drinks Corona? [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #5055 on: April 22, 2020, 08:25:21 pm »

I'm sorry, terminally propagandized?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: April 22, 2020, 08:28:56 pm »

Yeah, I've accepted the truth of Juche Ideology now.

Or not, but a lot of the links ever posted in this thread were just agitprop to set up an invasion of NK, as evidenced by all the hysterical stories of people executed in fantastic ways who later showed up alive and well. It's a situation even worse than Iran or China in terms of one-sidedness in the media.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: April 22, 2020, 08:40:40 pm »

Juche fails the concept of reality being what remains when you stop believing in it, MSH.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: April 23, 2020, 05:29:14 am »

I dont know. Dont we all follow Juche, clapping like morons at 8PM?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: April 23, 2020, 08:37:08 am »

You know where they go to discuss Juche ideology? To the trendy Juche bars in downtown Pyongyang.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: April 23, 2020, 08:46:36 am »

You know where they go to discuss Juche ideology? To the trendy Juche bars in downtown Pyongyang.

Now Kim Yo-jong  doesn't mind
If she doesn't make the scene.
She's got a daytime job, she's doing allright.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: April 23, 2020, 10:29:16 am »

The Murdcoch Press engaging in agitprop, well I never...  :P

Sarcasm aside, my bets are on KJu having a contemporary virus - one that does not exist in Best Korea - and chances are that a full recovery will ensue.  (That's if the whole thing is not an entire beat up in the first place.)

Separately: in terms of succession, I'd be backing his sister as some kind of 'regency' for his son.  How long that particular arrangement might last is a good question though.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: April 23, 2020, 11:13:50 am »

I agree with MSH on the military. They seem content enough with the state of affairs. This is admittedly because of a large amount of time and resources spent both appeasing the military and ruthlessly hunting down people in the military who are inclined to be opponents of the regime, but nonetheless.

As for the Press angle, it's hard to say. On one hand it's definitely being reported a lot more heavily in those types of media (particularly the Murdoch Press), but I have seen other outlets touch on it (although without saying "refugee crisis, military action to come", that's super provocatory holy shit) such as the NY Times report on Kim being missing. He missed a public event he had not throughout his whole reign missed, honoring his grandfather. South Korea has downplayed reports, but something is up.

As for the corona angle, it's possible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: April 23, 2020, 11:35:07 am »

For those interested in history try this from 5 1/2 years ago.  (Did he really die back then... too? /s  though it reminds one of PKD Now Wait for Last Year, iirc  ;))

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29581342

Of course that proves nothing with regard to contemporary events but it makes for interesting re-reading in light of the spate current articles.  8)  (And I'm sure you can find more sensationalised versions from back then if you want to look.)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: April 24, 2020, 05:02:05 am »

What's the state of the full moon then and now? Is Kim secretly a were-wolf?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: April 24, 2020, 05:03:53 am »

What's the state of the full moon then and now? Is Kim secretly a were-wolf?
New moon right now.

Full moon was around the 4th

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: April 24, 2020, 05:09:04 am »

That's when he DISAPPEARED
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: April 24, 2020, 05:33:34 am »

That's when he DISAPPEARED

Yeah, how come we've never seen Kim Jong-Un and the moon together in the same room? Seems pretty fishy to me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: April 25, 2020, 03:04:44 pm »

I'll just leave this here...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: April 25, 2020, 03:15:25 pm »

China has apparently sent a medical team to NK to help with Glorious Leader's perfect health. Nothing to see her, citizen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-politics-exclusive/exclusive-china-sent-team-including-medical-experts-to-advise-on-north-koreas-kim-sources-say-idUSKCN2263DW
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 341