Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435665 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

((Ok, a battlesuit seems more useful then.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

(Milno does not have the inclination, Miyamoto doesn't have the stats. As far as I'm aware Milno's policy is 'do whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve me' and Miyamoto needs as many +1s as Jim has to combat stats. I don't know if Radio cares either, though. I don't know enough about the dude. :P)

((Remember when Miyamoto broke up that fight between 2 convicts because it looked like one was assaulting the other? Yeah, he really doesn't like infighting or internal strife. And about the stats... You're completely right. Lucky me then I have a big robotic friend to help me with that.   :P. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I don't remember. >.> It's likely that it happened on ship when I was on a mission, it happened on a mission when I was on the ship, or it happened during the huge 20-man mission. Not your fault I don't remember it; the only time our characters have really crossed paths was on the 20-man mission and that was too hectic for me to care much about what the other three teams were doing until the escape.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I could Speech people into not hurting each other, and together with Miya/Other we could make a good team to deal with this. But yeah, it would require a lot more effort than it is right now for Jim.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Observe the memory. Hope nothing bad is happening outside.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Still doesn't fit the ship's corridors. Something like a MkIII or the more expensive armor for elite forces would be your best bet. Or even better, amps. Amps turn you into a space wizard.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Still doesn't fit the ship's corridors. Something like a MkIII or the more expensive armor for elite forces would be your best bet. Or even better, amps. Amps turn you into a space wizard.))

((You sure? I don't remember PW ever saying a battlesuit doesn't fit in the ship. Anyone knows this for sure?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((I seem to recall that as well, like the suit only fits in the hangar.  The Avatar is only special cased since you can't exactly hop in and out of it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

((I hope to amass enough tokens from the 'deathtrap seventeen-seventy-four' mission to prototype the Melee Modular Suit. Well, I have to design it properly first as well, but it'd be a heck of a powerup. Might even be up to taking on a Battlesuit. (for its cost, it'd better be)))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((I hope to amass enough tokens from the 'deathtrap seventeen-seventy-four' mission to prototype the Melee Modular Suit. Well, I have to design it properly first as well, but it'd be a heck of a powerup. Might even be up to taking on a Battlesuit. (for its cost, it'd better be)))
((Melee Modular Suit? Do tell.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is that a challenge?   ;D 
If so, consider it... accepted.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:03:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

((Melee Modular Suit? Do tell.))
((Hm. Well, there was this pic that I made of it, but basically... Basically it's a MkIII, converted into a variable mission platform that can equip one of several "mission packs" based on what you're planning to do with it. The variants are Rocket, Aero, Heavy Weapon, Melee, and Drone. The Melee is a close-range mobile demolitions platform, with heavy armor, extra exoskeletal reinforcement, hydraulic "punch shields" with kinetic amplifiers, generator-fed Tesla Arcs... and the ability to, in Samurai Jack's words, "jump good". Plus whatever weapons you carry in, or mount on, your arms. Bar kitting he Heavy variant out with plasma projectors, it's the most expensive one to build, but quite literally packs a punch.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hmm. Too bad I can't contact the rest of the team, let them know what's going on out here.

Jim watches the tendrils carefully, to see what they puncture (and therefore hopefully track down more hard memories) and also so he can stay out of their way. In fact he stays as far away as possible while watching them.

The tendrils don't seem to be puncturing anything in particular, rather they're simply stabbing through everything they drift near; but even the things that aren't stabbed by the blobs seem to distort in their presence; warping outward as though from some unseen force. As it is, you see a few options:
You can try and make a run for it into one of the hard memories and lose them in there. You could stay still and hidden, hoping they won't notice you, or you could try and move somewhere else, not into a hard memory, and try to hide there.

For the rest of the team the memory carries on as though it never stopped. For several minutes the man and his companions just sit and watch as the horizon burns, waiting for something to happen. This something comes in the form of an announcement.

"O.B. in route. Brace for impact."

(At this point I should note that you can be effected by things in these memories; ie your projections can be thrown around and damaged. This won't injure you, but it could cause problems if you're say, hurled off the "edge" of the memory or get cut in half and somehow stay alive and hovering around.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Meh. There will still be people who look after the others, and eliminate threats to teammates, but I believe we will all miss Jim.))
((Grate sure will...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim goes back to the helmet memory and this time stays within the arc of vision. He also turns into a flea and tries to stay on something black, if possible.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:39:11 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 243