Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126520 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1620 on: November 01, 2014, 03:04:54 pm »

A number of people using this pack have reported problems with autolabor becoming enabled unexpectedly. Any idea what could be causing this?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 01, 2014, 07:50:40 pm »

any plans to update for 40.14?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 01, 2014, 07:52:35 pm »

any plans to update for 40.14?
Is there gonna be a new release for the version 40.14?
Or I can simply move the newb pack over?
Can't wait for the new pack to come out, way too lazy to install stuff myself.
I'm planning to wait for DFHack, and possibly Dwarf Therapist - stability of the feature set is fairly important.  I *may* release a separate pre-release pack for 40.14 before that, but I'm insanely busy for the next few weeks - we'll see.
So, the answer is... Maybe.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1623 on: November 01, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »

Hello ninja, I should consider preparing a quote tree myself as this comes up every new page it seems
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 01, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »

Hello ninja, I should consider preparing a quote tree myself as this comes up every new page it seems
Your help'd be appreciated, sir :P

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 03, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

A number of people using this pack have reported problems with autolabor becoming enabled unexpectedly. Any idea what could be causing this?
A post on Reddit suggests that this pack is simply removing "autolabor 1" from whatever DFHack script it uses for this setting, which will not work - "autolabor 1" enables autolabor in a specific save persistently until "autolabor 0" is run (when the same save is loaded).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 03, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »

A post on Reddit suggests that this pack is simply removing "autolabor 1" from whatever DFHack script it uses for this setting, which will not work - "autolabor 1" enables autolabor in a specific save persistently until "autolabor 0" is run (when the same save is loaded).

By implication... is there a non-persistent way to enable autolabor for the current session?  (and the same for workflow, seedwatch, and autonestbox)  I was under the impression that there wasn't, and thus disabled all in onWorldLoad.init before enabling the selection from the dfhack tab.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:33 pm »

By implication... is there a non-persistent way to enable autolabor for the current session?  (and the same for workflow, seedwatch, and autonestbox)  I was under the impression that there wasn't, and thus disabled all in onWorldLoad.init before enabling the selection from the dfhack tab.
I don't think there is. How exactly are you disabling them (particularly autolabor) in onWorldLoad.init?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 03, 2014, 09:13:29 pm »

Drat.

Code: (onLoadWorld.init) [Select]
# disable persistent commands
# (so that state will always match dfhack tab, re-enabling if on)
multicmd autolabor 0; workflow disable; autonestbox stop; seedwatch stop

# Run the commands written by the dfhack tab
script PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 03, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »

Hm, that should work. I'm not sure what the problem is, unless the line isn't being commented out of PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init properly.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

I suspect the problem is that there are two launchers in the current pack, and people forget that something is enabled through the second.  40_14 r1 will only have the PyLNP, so it should clear up soon.  I'll release that as soon as DFHack and TwbT are updated.
 Donations here.
« Reply #1631 on: November 04, 2014, 07:50:21 pm »

I suspect the problem is that there are two launchers in the current pack, and people forget that something is enabled through the second.  40_14 r1 will only have the PyLNP, so it should clear up soon.  I'll release that as soon as DFHack and TwbT are updated.

Which launcher is the correct one? Because I am getting random crashes while in Adventure mode (Fort Mode is perfectly fine) using either, and the settings are the same (just default with Spacefox).

If I just remove everything and then unzip it again, which launcher should I use to ensure that is or is not the issue?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 04, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

DF crashes are probably not related to the launcher you're using, especially if the crashes occur with both.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 04, 2014, 08:34:59 pm »

As Lethosor says, the launcher is not related to the crashes in-game.  I reccomend the PyLNP anyway, which will be the only launcher in new releases.
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_14 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1634 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:21 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_14 r1!  As usual, you can get it here.

As seems to be standard these days, the Starter pack updates within hours of the next DF release!  The wait is worth it - this is just as stable and fully-featured as the last pack; except for your dwarves, who have all kinds of !!Fun!! new psychology to deal with.  (OK, tools dealing with thoughts are mostly patched rather than fully updated).  Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
** updated Dwarf Fortress to version 40.14
 - updated all graphics (via Fricy's collection)
 - updated PyLNP to v0.7.1
 - removed old windows-only launcher
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v28.0.0
 - updated all keybindings for 40.14
 - updated DFHack to 40.14-r1
 - updated TwbT to v5.29
 - fixed misc. configuration issues

MD5:  A948D8834D5F43F9EA7C13B18B749B39
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 385