Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378214 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Derm's Bone Spear]
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2013, 02:22:35 am »

How did I miss this?
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:06:17 am by Nahere »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2013, 03:16:44 am »

Shift to a sleeper hold. Also, roll over so that he is on top, facing upwards. If he says something, listen in on it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:22:27 am by Harry Baldman »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:46 am »

I'm just waiting for someone to make a character with max strength just so they can wield torso-halberds.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:29 am »

Maybe once they learn how to turn others into torso-halberds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2013, 10:59:08 am »

Maybe once they learn how to turn others into torso-halberds.
You have to admit, that'd be a pretty darn powerful attack spell, turning people into halberds.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »

How did I miss this?
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Is it me or do both of you have one unused point?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »

I thought we started with 9 points?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »

We do only get 9 points in this iteration. Sarzael's just confusing this with Perplexicon's character creation, which had 10 by the end.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »

PTW

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »

((There's no awareness stat this time round, so we get less points.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »

Search for another passage other than the one we came through. And follow Derek.
Derek skitters down the northern passage that he spotted earlier, looking back to see if Myra came too.  He figured she'd get annoyed if he randomly went off somewhere, but it also was silly to wait around for people or lava to kill them, right?

The only other exit is to the north, so you both head that way.

It leads to a large natural cavern, with uneven walls and ceilings.  There are several stalagmites and stalagmites, and a still, but deep, pool in the northwest.  The room is quite large, bigger than even the grand room.  This cavern curves gently to the northeast, where there is a wide passage that leads to a large room.  You think it might be the room you started in.

There's some natural growth in the room, as well as a few glimmers of crystal in the wall.
"Any idea what to do here?" Myra said to her companion, "I could try to analyze the flora, but then I'd be sure that these things won't match what I've studied in my whole life.

"I wonder why there are crystalline deposits here."

Analyze ye flora and crystals! Determine their physical characteristics!

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:51 pm »

"I don't know..." Derek responds, shuffling his feet nervously.  He didn't have any experience with rocks or moss.

"Maybe there's something in the pool?  Let me go check!" he says, running off to examine the pool.  The lady might get annoyed if he didn't help with something, and it would be awkward just to stand around while she did all the work.

Why and how did I get here?  I don't like it but there isn't a way out!  This is bad...! Bewildered and confused, his thoughts settle on complaining, but that doesn't help the situation either.  No matter what it seems like he's trapped in these caves for the time being.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »

PTW
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

"Heheh... Hello again."

Actions!

Also, I'd like a more complete stats page. I kinda know what they look like now but I want to make sure they're attributed right.
Sneak up behind him and garrote him with my book.

(For future reference, you should probably be more specific who "him" is.  I'm assuming here you meant Derm.)

(Also, doh, Derm is -1 str.  He should have failed several of those str checks for using the heavy Chinkberd.  Too late now- really the only one that mattered was throwing him in the spikes. Again, OH WELL.)

[Derm Spd:6]
[Joe Spd:3+1]

[Derm Dex:4]
[Joe Dex:2-1]

[Derm Str:6-1]

Derm and Joe both lunge for each other, but Derm is faster.  He grapples Joe, locks his arms, and drags him over to the spikes.  One more throw and Joe will be in sharp trouble.

[Derm Str:5-1]
[Joe Str:4-1]

[Joe End:5-1]

Derm is able to force Joe back into the spikes, but the angle is poor and Joe only gets his right arm lacerated.

[Joe End:4-1]

[Joe Dex:2-1]
[Derm Dex:6]

Between Derm's grip and the pain in his ribs, Joe is totally unable to break out of the lock he's in.

Zebridonce
Icht
Bahemnitol

Pick up a shard of Iron if it looks sharp enough to function as a make shift knife but also can be held in such a way as not to horribly maim me when I try to pick it up/swing it around/sacrifice small animals and children to dark gods with it.

Seemingly oblivious to the attempted murder happening nearby, you continue your magical research.

[Pot:3+1]  A sort of flicker flops lamely out from your hand.  Huh.

[Pot:3+1]  Another shimmering form.  It seems to lack any solid definition, and looks thick and viscous.  Hrm.

[Pot:5+1]  Yet another shimmering form.  This one's a big pair of nunchucks.  Cool.

Well, the shattered iron is most certainly a thing, so you go about weaponizing a piece.

[Dex:4-1]  The most likely piece breaks when you pick it up.  So much for those sacrifices.

Cast spell.
Shift to a sleeper hold. Also, roll over so that he is on top, facing upwards. If he says something, listen in on it.

[Xan Spd:1-1]
[Tod Spd:5+1]

[Tod Dex:3+1]
[Xan Dex:1-1]

[Tod Str:5]

[Xan End:4-1]

Tod, in a move that would put tears in the eyes of any MMA trainer, puts Xantalos in a perfect triangle choke.  Xantalos, his windpipe nearly crushed, passes out quickly.

(Seriously, with those rolls, if Xan's end roll had been a couple points lower you would have snapped his neck.)

Analyze ye flora and crystals! Determine their physical characteristics!

The flora is exactly what you'd expect to see in a natural cavern.  Ferns, patches of moss, other low light plants, and some mushrooms.  Better not eat those.  The crystals... they're shiny.  Also embedded in the walls, so you can't get ye crystal.

As far as you can tell, they're totally non-magical in every way.

running off to examine the pool

You walk to the shore of the pool.  There's a few feet of sandy beach around most of the edge of the pool, but the west to north side backs up to the rock wall.  It's probably thirty feet at its widest point, but looking in to it you can tell most of it is very, very deep.  As in you don't know how deep deep.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - North ledge, Grand Room  (Pool 6/6, Ley lines on body)  {On ground, unconscious, in chokehold}
Derm:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (3/5 Pool) (3)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room
Tiruin:  Myra - West wall, Cavern
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - Southeast beach of Pool, Cavern  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - North Ledge, Grand Room  {On ground, under and choking Xan}
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Southeast side, Spike Room  {Ribs broken, right arm lacerated}
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:57:25 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Actions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 198