Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378172 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Pariah the Impaler]
« Reply #585 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:06 pm »

If you use a spell that kills yourself and 1 or more other people, where do the points go? Do they just disappear?

Yeah, they're all gone.

Piecewise:  That magma is thirty feet in the air, floating on the ceiling.  Sure you want to try that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 31, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »

Also, everyone:  I made a mistake in this turn:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128459.msg4447195#msg4447195

It's in Piecewise's action, and I led off the part I just edited in with a **.  It doesn't actually change anything, but I noticed it was off and wanted to fix it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 31, 2013, 08:34:58 pm »

Hey PM me when I'm in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 31, 2013, 10:19:13 pm »

Will do.  I've been PMing everyone as a matter of course.  You are next in line.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 01, 2013, 06:10:37 am »

((Wait I thought the big murder thing was right next to me... derp))
"So huh uh magic book... well I guessss there wont be any side effects... hopefully"
Zemonif , Waherroh , Pame
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:59 am »

For what it is worth: I'm away from home and therefore am currently uncertain of if I will have access to my wordlist. *crosses fingers*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 01, 2013, 08:37:02 am »

Words and actions!
Walk over to the lava room and poke it with my pinky to see if it's dangerous to me in my glowstick form.
Cast Alviscos on myself and parry anyone attacking me. Drop the rapier too, it's completely useless.
uhhh do stuff

[Derm Spd:5]
[Bob Spd:5+1]
[Charles Spd:1]
[Pariah Spd:3]

Bob hightails it out of the room, running across the bridge, past a big rubbery guy, and into the room with a magma ceiling.  You jump up to poke the magma, but are short by over twenty feet.  Perhaps another plan is in order?

Derm, for his part, faces Charles and shouts his words.

[Derm Pot:1+1]

A few drops of acid fire forward then fall lamely to the ground.  Derm continues to back away to the west.

Charles drops his whip, and Pariah grabs it and heads west to the bridge as well.  Charles shrugs as things get boring around him, and casts his spell.

[Pot:1+1]  There's a tiny flash of light about five feet in front of him, which is the range of all those single words spells.  Hmm... will probably need to find a way to specify "target me" if he want wants to try that.

Charles seems to shake off the exhaustion.

Toussmism
Myxida
Anneell
Jupedem

You ignore the light/dark man running past you and the muscly dude walking in, and focus on your magic.

[Pot:3+1]  An arc of lightning forms in front of you.  Zappy.

[Pot:5+1]  A point of nothing appears a few feet in front of you, then starts sucking everything around it in.  Including you.

[Scholar Str:2-1]  You resist for a few seconds, then lose your balance and go flying in headfirst.  SLURP.

[The Golden Scholar is dead.  His power goes to no one.]

((Wait I thought the big murder thing was right next to me... derp))
"So huh uh magic book... well I guessss there wont be any side effects... hopefully"
Zemonif , Waherroh , Pame

Composing yourself at the lack of immediate danger, you start saying words at random.

[Pot:6]  The spell audibly fizzles.  Hmmm.

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:5]  A shimmering image appears in the air before you, detailed yet tangible.  It takes the shape of a bow, then fades away into nothingness.

Shane appears in the center of the cavern.  He wonders when his appearance will be decided on.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - Center, Grand Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - West end, Spike Room (1/5 Pool) (6)  {Face badly burned}
Piecewise: Bob -  East Entrance, Magma Room  (2/3 Pool, Made of Light and Dark) [Steel Shortbow, Lightheaded Steel Arrows]
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  East end, Bottomless Pit [Glass segmented short rapier] (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - West of Center, Spike Room (2/3 Pool, Made of magma with a light core)

Oh dear.  THAT word has come into play.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [There Goes the Neighborhood]
« Reply #592 on: August 01, 2013, 08:45:48 am »

Yaaaaay! Blackhole wars! Also one death closer... Sadly it had to be HIM :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 01, 2013, 08:48:32 am »

Ironically, the four way fight fell apart, and the guy who hasn't moved since he spawned died.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:40 am »

It didnt so much fall apart as fail apart.
Still, much irony was discovered.

stuff and things.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:43 am »

SAY:
Ustrint Terosifi
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:02:58 am by Gamerlord »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 01, 2013, 08:58:29 am »

Probably not and your nowhere near it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2013, 09:02:05 am »

((Is that black hole still there?))

No, and you weren't near it anyway.  It was two rooms away from you- you're in the Cavern and it was on the bridge over the bottomless pit.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 01, 2013, 09:03:06 am »

Cool, fixed.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 01, 2013, 09:03:40 am »

Hey guys!

I've got a bit of a surprise for you Toaster! (and everyone else, but semantics ;) )
After doing some fanart for perplexicon (no matter how bad is was!) when I saw your to-scale paint map, I wanted to try my hand at those awesome old-game style maps.. and I think it went fairly well!

I might yet do a little more work on it, perhaps add color if people are interested in it. Who knows! I don't.

Link to ma Tumbr:
http://brownienerd.tumblr.com/post/57063251674/right-listen-up-you-tumblrz-have-i-got-news-for
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:12:34 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 198