Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377993 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1575 on: August 30, 2013, 09:27:43 pm »

So I've given up caffeine for 10 days on a dare.  Yesterday was headache and cranky, today is tired as hell.  I blame any mistakes on that.

Unlimited Blade Works! Also swap the r with the d.
Stay on back and do some actions!
Actions!
More PM.
Action Time!

(Sarzael: I figured as much)

[Alish Spd:2-1]
[Dave Spd:1]
[Danath Spd:4]
[Ocil Spd:4+1]
[Andy Spd:2-1]

(Speed ties go)

Ocil, in a rage, goes for Dave's spear-wielding wrist. 

[Ocil Dex:3+1]
[Dave Dex:5]

[Ocil Str:3+1]
[Dave End:6]

The blow isn't square, and Dave just laughs it off.  Ocil grabs for the spear anyway, and grabs the steel shaft.  That is still in Dave's hand.  That is sparking with electricity.

[Ocil End:4+1]  He lets go with a swear, jumping back up.

Meanwhile, Danath has come back into the cavern, lines up, and screams.

"HADOUKEN!"

[Danath Pot:4+1]

[Danath Dex:4]

[Ocil End:5+1]

A sphere of force fires straight forward at Dave, but flies straight over him and into Ocil's chest.  He's shot backwards, flipping and skidding over, right to the feet of the lionbat.  Oh dear.

[Lionbat End:4]

[Lionbat Dex:2]

It stands up and screeches again, swiping a burning paw at Ocil, but he rolls away and backs up quickly.

Andy swears as his target is blasted away, too far to hobble.

Alish runs over to Danath as Dave stands up (as he's no longer pinned), slaps his helmet to fix it, and prepares to launch his own spell.  Alish stands, 100% sure that she is closer to Danath than anyone else, confident this will work.  She screams, lets loose her power, and says her spell.

[Alish Pot:4+1+1]

A jagged black scar forms in the air, then rips open wide.  A horrible-looking tentacle bursts out, waves around a bit, then cracks, whiplike, sending two dozen jet-black swords flying.  They shoot directly east into the wall, most bouncing off with a couple sticking in.  The tentacle slithers back in, and the rift snaps shut.

As Danath eyeballs her, Alish just looks at the swords and sighs.  Perhaps that word doesn't mean what she thinks it does?

Dave, meanwhile, also launches a spell.

[Dave Pot:3+1]

[Dave Dex:3]

[Ocil End:6+1]

A crystal dagger forms in the air, cracking with electricity and humming with arcane force.  It points at Ocil and flies his way.  Ocil tries to dodge, but it clips his right arm.  Where it touched, a chunk of meat is blasted out.  Ocil shouts and swears, grabbing his bleeding arm.

Avoid people and do Science!  Abioutt Fioltrin Ollospon Enur.

You avoid people and do some Science!

[Pot:6+1]  A cat forms in the air before you.  It's no little cat, though- it's a huge damn liger that looks like you could ride it if it wouldn't just turn around and bite you in half in one go.  It also appears to be formed of living plants, with woody skin and a leafy tail.  It hovers in the air for a moment before it flies straight forward across the grand room, smacking into the wall on the east ledge.  It bounces off and lands on its feet, seemingly unbothered by its crash landing.  It looks around, sniffing the air.

Try again, imagining a sword with a steel handle and arcane blade:
"Jupedem Lodr Josionp."

"Not what I wanted.  Maybe this will work?"

[Pot:1+1]  You get a little piece of steel that blows itself up.  Damn it.

MOAR SCIENCE

Ahh, power.  It gives so much, but can make things difficult...

You gingerly poke the saw.  Well, it doesn't blow up, and neither do you, but it does make your poking finger feel weak.  Perhaps leave it alone for now, and try new magic.

[Pot:6+1]  A massive wad of paper shoots straight up.  It hits the ceiling and explodes, sending chunks of rock flying.  A few hit you, but they just explode too.  You stand back up straight from your protective crouch and look up.  Well, there's a few cubic feet of rock missing now- huh.

Quote from: Players
Angle: Joseph - West side of Ledge, Grand Room (4 Pool)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East side, Bottomless Pit (3 Pool) Body is arcane field over steel core)
Draco1234:  Danath - North Side, Cavern  (2/4 Pool, Bronze form) (2)
Nahere: Nahere - South Center, Spike Room (4 Pool) (Steel body)
RathofSTS:  Ocil - Southwest Side, Cavern (0 Pool) {Nose is broken, upper right arm is injured and bleeding} (2)
TCM:  Andy Ravage - Center, Cavern  (0 Pool) {On ground, right upper leg is broken}
DaveTheGrave: Dave - South of Center, Cavern  (1/6 Pool, Crystal-Electric Form)  [Obsidian helmet, chestplate, and legplates,  Force-light steel spear]  {On ground, Cracked skull}  (10)
Sarzael:  Alish - North Side, Cavern  (1/4 Pool, Body is arcane energy) [Wand] (2)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Cat-based Beasts]
« Reply #1576 on: August 30, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »

((You all suck, how hard is it to just kill someone already?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 30, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

So I've given up caffeine for 10 days on a dare.  Yesterday was headache and cranky, today is tired as hell.  I blame any mistakes on that.
I did that several years ago when I got stuck in the middle of nowhere for two weeks and just plain couldn't find any. It... well, to be blunt, it sucked. It was some of the most miserable two weeks I've ever had.
However, afterwards I flat refused to have any caffeine at all for the next four months, because by that point the worst was over, and I was recovering. and I never wanted to go through that again.
I've limited myself to at most one can a week (I average one can every couple months) since then, and I've never regretted the decision to stay away from it since I was done with it anyway. I've gotten far fewer headaches in general and none of the particularly bad ones, the ones that would keep me up all night in pain if i didn't do something about them.

so, fair warning, you are NOT through the worst of it yet, tomorrow is going to suck even more than today did. But it gets better eventually, and if you stay away afterwards you won't regret it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 30, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »

PM.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 30, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »

My wife (the darer) is in week three, and says she felt much better afterwards.

My problem is I love coke too much, especially with pizza.  I at least did cut out the sugary ones already for good, and limited myself to just with meals (I'd rather have something else for just "I'm thirsty and need a drink" anyway.)

We'll see how it is come day 10.  I think my problem was I got one of those Mio-type things with caffiene in them, and it pushed me from a moderate to heavy user. (Before, I averaged two cans of Coke a day, which is only about 70mg, which is less than your typical cup of coffee.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 30, 2013, 10:21:11 pm »

I'm so lucky that I'm one of those people that can shove whatever unhealthy junk they come across into their bodies and suffer almost no consequences for it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:57 pm »

I've given up caffeine forever on personal preferences. I get up at 6, no problems after the first 15 minutes or so. Unless I do something and stay up until 45 minutes ago or so...

Why did no one die in the melee a however-you-say-three-in-French?

Ride the plant liger! A pliger mount would be awesome!

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »

My wife (the darer) is in week three, and says she felt much better afterwards.

My problem is I love coke too much, especially with pizza.  I at least did cut out the sugary ones already for good, and limited myself to just with meals (I'd rather have something else for just "I'm thirsty and need a drink" anyway.)

We'll see how it is come day 10.  I think my problem was I got one of those Mio-type things with caffiene in them, and it pushed me from a moderate to heavy user. (Before, I averaged two cans of Coke a day, which is only about 70mg, which is less than your typical cup of coffee.)
((Med note: prefer water instead. For despite it saying 0g sugar or whatnot on the labels, most other ingredients (as trivial as they are) are hidden.

..And don't overdose on caffeine. It affects your nerves, to say bluntly :/ Not good. Stimulants and all, the body reacts to such and develops a tolerance for it over time. Cut down on it :)

*Tiruin cheers on Lenglon's advice*))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 31, 2013, 12:24:46 am »

MOAR SCIENCE
Ahh, power.  It gives so much, but can make things difficult...

You gingerly poke the saw.  Well, it doesn't blow up, and neither do you, but it does make your poking finger feel weak.  Perhaps leave it alone for now, and try new magic.

[Pot:6+1]  A massive wad of paper shoots straight up.  It hits the ceiling and explodes, sending chunks of rock flying.  A few hit you, but they just explode too.  You stand back up straight from your protective crouch and look up.  Well, there's a few cubic feet of rock missing now- huh.
"Huh. Best. Science. Yet".
*chuckles*
"I have damaged the almighty pit! Hazar!"
*furious scribbling in book*
"The sounds of carnage of which I can magically-decipher-into-actions has given me a wholesomely destructive idea... yea..."

Save wholesomely destructive idea until later, but in the meantime, continue word-treasure hunt.

((Stay Toasty sir! We've all got your back. As fellow (ex)caffeine fiends we're here if you need us!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 31, 2013, 03:58:48 am »

(I'd rather have something else for just "I'm thirsty and need a drink" anyway.)
If you care for some anecdote, out of the drinks I've encountered, the best feelings tend to come from various kinds of herbal tea and organic juices. Every time I'm beginning to feel I've overworked or poisoned my body somehow, I can flood it with strong chamomile tea, then either ignore such problems to keep working (if needed), or rest to completely get rid of them.

Waitlist.
Spoiler: Character. (click to show/hide)

And, Toaster, would you be so kind as to PM me shortly before my turn is up?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:00:21 am by Nivim »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 31, 2013, 04:12:11 am »

Get up and do some actions.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 31, 2013, 04:14:30 am »

Try again, imagining a sword with a steel handle and arcane blade:
"Josionp Lodr Jupedem."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1587 on: August 31, 2013, 04:15:48 am »

(I'd rather have something else for just "I'm thirsty and need a drink" anyway.)
If you care for some anecdote, out of the drinks I've encountered, the best feelings tend to come from various kinds of herbal tea and organic juices. Every time I'm beginning to feel I've overworked or poisoned my body somehow, I can flood it with strong chamomile tea, then either ignore such problems to keep working (if needed), or rest to completely get rid of them.

Waitlist.
Spoiler: Character. (click to show/hide)

And, Toaster, would you be so kind as to PM me shortly before my turn is up?
While your build allows for high survival, you will literally have MANY ploblems killing anyone with magic at all. I recommend putting atleast one Channeling. I would put Speed to 1 and get 1 potency and 1 channeling. Trust me, its the only way you will be able to fight powerful mages.

Actions!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 31, 2013, 04:31:23 am »

While your build allows for high survival, you will literally have MANY ploblems killing anyone with magic at all. I recommend putting atleast one Channeling. I would put Speed to 1 and get 1 potency and 1 channeling. Trust me, its the only way you will be able to fight powerful mages.
Oh, certainly, certainly. I fully expect to change my stats a few times as the game continues-- but you see, this is what I want to enter with if, by some catastrophe, a couple dozen people take their leave over the next few days.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1589 on: August 31, 2013, 04:40:56 am »

Oh, certainly, certainly. I fully expect to change my stats a few times as the game continues-- but you see, this is what I want to enter with if, by some catastrophe, a couple dozen people take their leave over the next few days.
Speed isnt really that useful sometimes, unless you re dealing with someone who fires blackholes at you and you want to kill him before he has chance to do so. But if someone fires blackholes at you he most certainly has a body out of some element, making it nigh impossible to kill with fist. And it is hard to obtain weapons without magic, only way to do so is stealing them to someone who does, and we go back to first ploblem. (Or ally someone, but chances are you will be backstabbed), atleast one channeling will let you to defend. And a potency point will stop stuff from killing you without even giving you a chance to do an endurance roll. (Converting your lungs into kittens isnt that good, ya know?)

((You all suck, how hard is it to just kill someone already?))
More than you think. Way more.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:49:14 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 198