Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378106 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2430 on: October 13, 2013, 10:24:02 pm »

Wow. Good night, sleep tight, and try to sneak a nap in tomorrow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: October 13, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »

Waitlisting because why not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anybody have a time estimate on when I'll be in, assuming deaths continue at the current rate?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 14, 2013, 08:27:17 am »

Later. It's not like a steady flow of people through the waitlist, game, and grave; it's more like radioactive decay, where death comes in clusters and scattered individuals.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 14, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

Wanna see how this evolved?

The rotation of players if fairly high at this moment, so if it keeps being like this there will be a new player every two updates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 14, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »

Permission denied on that thing that I am totally interested in seeing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 14, 2013, 02:34:38 pm »

Permission denied on that thing that I am totally interested in seeing.
Same here. You troll, sir.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:03 pm »

Shit, I'm new to google drive, I will try to change it.

By the way, how do I  change it so that anyone can see it?

EDIT:
Now this should work

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: October 14, 2013, 02:54:35 pm »

Wow, that's some impressive info dumping there.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: October 14, 2013, 03:01:27 pm »

Wow, that's some impressive info dumping there.
Thanks! I realized that I had little experience in Excel and decided to do something about it. There were much more updates than I thought, though. The numbers may scare you, but the only thing that I did actively was to input the number of deaths (and those who stopped playing without dying) each update.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: October 14, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

Why does the second graph count off in 0.5 deaths? Are you preparing for if someone turns undead, or was it an automatic thing?

Also, look at that graph. Notice how jagged it is? Yeah, that's what I was talking about earlier.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: October 14, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »

I don't mind the jaggedness.
As for the 0.5 thing, back when I used Excel, it did that to me all the time, so I'm guessing it's some problem with Excel.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: October 14, 2013, 03:43:20 pm »

Yeah, it was an automatic thing.

Anyway, you should consider the highest and lowes points.

The jaggedness is because of, well, I don't have any idea of how to remove it, it's done from raw data, its supposed to look like that.

Anyway, there is a pattern in all this: if you average the thing, someone dies every two updates more or less.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: October 14, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »

Aye, that it is.  I'm also impressed that I've kept this running for 70 71 updates.

Some more quick replies.
stuff.

[Damon Spd:2]
[Outcast Spd:4]
[Urist Spd:5+1]

Urist Lamkalallibash has entered a marital trance!

[Urist Dex:2+1]
[Outcast Dex:2-1-1]

[Urist Str:6+2+1]
[Outcast End:4-1]

Urist moves in a blur, his shield crashing down on Outcast's good leg.  A crunch and a snap of energy is heard as the leg shatters, then a zap as it the energy arcs and dissipates.  The rebound from the energy knocks Urist flat on his back.

Outcast Wizard, his mobility further reduced, starts crawling toward the grand room.  He doesn't make it very far, though.

Damon, marveling at the blow the dwarf inflicted, suddenly wishes very much to have his leg back.  He tries some magic.

[Damon Pot:6+1]  A larger than human leg forms itself out of pure arcane energy in front of him.  It's quite the nice leg.  Too bad there doesn't appear to be any way to affix it to his body.

Look around the magma room. Shakily ascertain the location of any persons nearby, and hide in a safe corner.

"T-this... must be... a dream... Can't... be a remnant of... wait...

This... book? The accused book? Oh god. Oh gods. Why do you torment me so? Why?"

Thumb through the book.

"Let me... try to remember... what was it... the words..."
Fircerain Jigenc Fluslit.
"If that works, then... I'll be armed, and... less helpless against... them."

You look around the cavern, since you're in it and not the magma room.  There's some guy near the south.  There are two doors- one east, right near you, and one south behind some fellow down there waving at you.  You're not sure at this distance, but there may be something shimmering in front of the southern door.  Beyond that, there's... some sort of beast that appears to be made of magma in the southwest corner.  It looks hurt, though.

The book... looks not entirely unlike that other book you remember, but the words are all different.  Well, except for THAT word on page eight- you recognize it, though there's no telling what it does now.

You pick out a few likely-looking words and try them out.

[Pot:6]  An odd-looking weapon made entirely of silver forms in front of you.  It looks like a whip, but segmented.  Each segment appears to be a thin metal rod.  The last rod is pointed.  It's also fairly large.

Wave non-threateningly at Derya, then say Rogran and use the cloth to bandage my chest.
+1 to potency

Time to do something about that bleeding.

[Pot:1]
[End:1]

Both your legs turn into inert cloth.  Shit.

Unravel your left foot to bind your chest? (Y/N)

[TURN_SUBMIT]

You back up to the opposite door.  A crash sounds from the Magma Room- looks like that bull is trying to bash its way out.  One tactical retreat later, you're in the Spike Room.  Oh look, there's a giant steel moose in the middle of the room- it looks much less interested in violence, though.

You whack your shield on everything and try to will it to control things, move, come to life, or get up and boogie, but nothing happens.  Bah.

The launcher... hard to say.  Clearly it's an intrinsic effect of the launcher, but you're not sure exactly what caused it.  There's got to be a reason, but you don't know what it is.

Words first, then decide!

Let's just see what this magic does first, eh?

[Pot:1]
[End:1]

You collapse to the ground, coughing and hacking.  Your skin turns scaly and flaky, while your left leg turns into fire and burns away.  Well, it cauterized the wound at least!

Keep doing science

Oh my science!

[Pot:6+2]  A grey fog appears over your right shoulder, pushes out the fog that was already there, and settles in.

Hm.

I will be leaving in the morning for a 5 day camp so you guys know I will have no internet

is there anything I can do so I dont have to wait for a new spot on the waitlist like having my charater frozen or something

You temporarily phase out of reality.  [GM SHIELD ACTIVE]

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  East side, Spike Room (2/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - South Side, Grand Room (1 Pool)  [GM SHIELD ACTIVE]
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - West of Center, Spike Room (1/2 Pool) {Left leg is gone}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool)
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North Side, Grand Room (3 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - East Side, Spike Room (7) {Flat on his back}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

((I didn't know that there were so many updates too. I think that I wouldn't have done the data gathering if I had known that beforehand))

Temporary procasination of Science!

((Warning to everybody in the same room: this may get ugly, I don't trust that 8 I just got))
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 198