Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169799 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 20 - Beta V0.4 - RAID BOSS!
« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »

Dwarf Therapist still lists opposed-to-life skeletons as being fortress-members for some reason, and trying to alter their labors when they're not on the in-game unit list crashes the game.

EDIT: Also, attacking them results in a loyalty cascade.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:31:12 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 20, 2014, 08:27:27 pm »

Oh man I always wanted to do a super evil fort or renovate a tower with out having to deal with the friendly necromancers inside. So did you figure out how to get raids or attacks listed in legend mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »

Dwarf Therapist still lists opposed-to-life skeletons as being fortress-members for some reason, and trying to alter their labors when they're not on the in-game unit list crashes the game.

EDIT: Also, attacking them results in a loyalty cascade.
I will let splinterz know.

Oh man I always wanted to do a super evil fort or renovate a tower with out having to deal with the friendly necromancers inside. So did you figure out how to get raids or attacks listed in legend mode?
You can embark on necromancer towers, the guys are friendly to you. I even thought about a interaction to assimilate them as civ-members. You can even use the books lying around to build your libraries.

The raiding system is not linked to legends mode, or any actual civs in the world. Its all reactions, all workshops. It can run the "force siege" script, so you get ambushed or attacked more often if you use it, but thats all. The rest is just flavor.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »

The raiding system is not linked to legends mode, or any actual civs in the world. Its all reactions, all workshops. It can run the "force siege" script, so you get ambushed or attacked more often if you use it, but thats all. The rest is just flavor.

Alright. Do the units we send on the raid go inactive for some time when we send it out (i.e. immobile), or does that complete when the units in the workshop finish? You mention that it takes on the order of weeks to complete.

I'd still suggest the "raid forest for wood and plants, get elf sieges" thing.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In theory yes.

Giving a prisoner, that hates your guts for burning down his village and slaughtering his wife, the power to break down doors and kick your skeletons into the walls, is probably not the best idea. ^^

I would almost call that a potential 'feature' from a sociopathic standpoint.  Thinking of the egotistical level of arrogance involved would lead me to believe that warlocks would take a twisted sense of joy out of harnessing such indignant rage and directing it at their whim without a single thought as to some lowly peon ever breaking free of their control.  Such hubris should invariably lead to bursting meat-bags full of  !FUN! at some point.

Sorry for the late response, work being work and all.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:57 am »

Query- By what mechanism is the "reduces damage by 50%" for the dreadnought steel or "increases damage against x" for the skins working? are you increasing/decreasing the velocity of attacks against it? Reducing the hits by that amount once there calculated? Depending on how that works it could be very powerful or very minor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #771 on: January 21, 2014, 07:22:35 am »

SIGVARDR: There is an actual token for that.    [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2:START:0]. It does literally what I said, reduce all incoming damage by 50%.

Denisac: If Putnams shapechange script can be restricted to a few selected units, I will use it for that. :)

CaptainArchmage: Currently there is no race specific command. That would take the current reactions (55) and make 440 of them. 8 times everything, for the different races. It could also lead to players saying: Oh, I have no surviving Orc civ in my world, I will only raid orcs now, because they cant counter attack.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:36 am »

For the races attacking, I plan to check civs in dfhack, and cancel the reaction with a 'civilization destroyed' message if there is none. That is more complicated then throwing commands through reactions but perhaps I can make something generic enough to be usable by anyone.

By the way, how about interactions to activate evil biome features like corpse raising and the growth of evil plants?
Can evil weather be summoned too? Imagine the face of goody good invader when half of them turns into husks.

Edit :
I am just going to leave this here.

This is a gold statue of Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 
The item is a image of Alheb the Whirling Bodice, the deity of depravity and lust, depicted as a female witch and warlocks in gold by Ghemwed Defbelwem.  The warlocks are  prostrating themselves before Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 

Could be worse better worse, she could be embracing a forgotten beast.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:19:46 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #773 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:10 am »

By the way, how about interactions to activate evil biome features like corpse raising and the growth of evil plants?
Can evil weather be summoned too? Imagine the face of goody good invader when half of them turns into husks.

Evil biomes interactions I could simulate. Evil biomes plants I could only make in workshops, no make them grow in the wild.

Weather: Yes. Since yesterday. Roses wrote a script for that. :)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:30 am »

I dont like posting links but i cant help but feel that this fits the mod perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #775 on: January 21, 2014, 10:41:32 am »

Hehe, Nightmare before christmas, isnt it?

Weather test was successfull. Lets see how these silly elves like rain of dragonfire.

Prisoner feeding is in.

Prisoner search is in. Each prisoner can be searched once and drops an items. This item can be identified with a reaction, and results in a random item. Maybe a hidden weapon, a piece of info, I dont know yet.

Prisoners are official civ-members, but can still be pastured. But they need to be buried (or at least should be), and cant be butchered. Not sure about that one. I wanted them to make ghosts, but that didnt work. If I make them pets again, people can just butcher them...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 21, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

Weather test was successfull. Lets see how these silly elves like rain of dragonfire.

I was about to make a complex system of picking outdoor tiles and dropping firejets but a mere rain of fire works for me.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 21, 2014, 11:35:53 am »

uhhhh, new things to play with, gonna design myself some dungeons.

Is the raiding in the latest release?

For the prisoners: Make both, special reactions to "use" them (long term benefits) or the simple way involving ghouls and a rather fast end of life for the poor guy.

Also flesh golems, a few stacks of meat, bones, weapons for how many arms the thing will have and 1 or 2 souls to make the thing work for some nice bruising action.

(also good to be back, gonna see if i can break that mod of yours again)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 21, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »

Hehe, Nightmare before christmas, isnt it?

Prisoner feeding is in.

Prisoner search is in. Each prisoner can be searched once and drops an items. This item can be identified with a reaction, and results in a random item. Maybe a hidden weapon, a piece of info, I dont know yet.

Prisoners are official civ-members, but can still be pastured. But they need to be buried (or at least should be), and cant be butchered. Not sure about that one. I wanted them to make ghosts, but that didnt work. If I make them pets again, people can just butcher them...

Put it to another vote?

If it's not that major an issue, I'd have to say make them into pets again. It cuts down on the micromanagement involved in Therapist, and butchering them seems so vital for retrieving bones/skin/souls.

It would be wonderful to find some happy middle ground. A different way to produce ghosts? Possibly as an entirely different civ caste, created through a reaction? They don't have to be literal civ members, do they?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #779 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:37 pm »

To make ghosts they have to be literal civ members, yes.  :-\

Currently I made them pets, but somehow they dont get hungry anymore. lol. I dont know why, they do have the grazers tag.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110