Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210954 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »

@ Sean: "Keep our ships grounded for the moment, but make sure they are ready for takeoff. Gonna deploy them once I have a better view of the situation."
((Does that mean Anton or Sean, because I am getting confused sometimes.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
If not already in cover, move to cover. Ascertain threat.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »

@ Sean: "Keep our ships grounded for the moment, but make sure they are ready for takeoff. Gonna deploy them once I have a better view of the situation."
((Does that mean Anton or Sean, because I am getting confused sometimes.))
Darn, wrong name. Fixed.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:30 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

Hide deep inside the bunker, preferably near both the exit we'd use for retreating, and my strange machine. 

If any of my teammates are shooting this turn/doing this wouldn't take effect this turn, do this:
Spoiler: HUD (click to show/hide)

If my team follows their freaking orders and holds fire, continue to charge an AUX bonus for the aforementioned HUD.

As Saint typed frantically on his wristpad, he spoke into his team's comms.
Okay people, I'm trying to set up a heads-up display for you.  It should make target acquisition a tad easier.  In the meantime, you can use the bunker's cameras and the UAVs to view the battlefield without sticking your head up.

Everyone, leave battlesuits to Pancaek.  Their armor is way too heavy for anything you've got, but it's irrelevant to him.  Yes, I mean you too, Jack and Stacy.

Pancaek, heating the whole damn thing up by twenty degrees for five to ten seconds is pretty easy, and is guaranteed to send the pilot into a coma if it doesn't kill them outright.  And they'll die before long even if it's only a coma.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2014, 06:54:11 pm »

Team F- Blobfish
Take cover if already not in cover. Keep eyes open.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 08:13:45 pm »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Get in cover, look for flanking forces. Charge a CON bonus.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2014, 08:33:53 pm »

"Got it."
Dominika gets behind cover in a prone position, readying her weapon and looking around for targets

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2014, 08:48:39 pm »

Team E

((In the last two turns I bought grenades and buried a satchel charge. M'got skipped.))

Wait with rest of team, outside explosive radius. Ready gauss rifle
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:08:59 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2014, 08:55:38 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Glad to see you guys get the idea. Get down and get ready."

Take cover, keeping one eye on the land around us (use cameye functions), and ready a conventional weaponry bonus.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Simus, Team A Leader - Hephaestus HQ Control Center
Spoiler: Simus Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Simus>Team A
All right, looks like the UWM's initial force, or what's left of it once Steve got done with their drop pods, has landed. Keep your guns up and eyes open, Team A, I'll alert you when UWM troops breach into the hallway that contains the entrance to the Aurora. In the meantime, the base is going into lockdown.

Initiate HQ lockdown (All the doors are sealed, and other such lockdown measures).

Quote from: Simus>Miyamoto
Team A is set up. Leo and Joseph are with the Sod Squad on the Aurora side of the only entrance tunnel, Charles and his turret are set up at the elevator to the control room, and I'm in the control room myself, monitoring what I can.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »

Await Mr. Miya's orders.
"Get inside the bunker. Lay low until you they get in closer. Whatever you do, keep the attention away from you, the sods can distract them so you can use your manip."
Grate nods, nervous about using the space magic again.
C'mon, what's the worst that could happen?
What?

Editing action once I find it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »

Lars turns toward Dubley with a slightly confused look.  "We are killing in the name of the Most Glorious Steve.  Is that not reward enough, to serve directly under our God?"

Looking down, Lars nodded as he received the message from the General.  "Men, our orders are to hold fire until the artillery starts hitting.  If we have battlesuits or other heavy targets, I shall call for reinforcements.  May Algis cover us all with his shielding hands."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2014, 12:09:41 am »

"Steve did something for the mining laser come through? because otherwise I am going to be throwing stones"
ask, get thing take mining laser to chokepoint using thing, else go to choke point and grab a weapon off of simus
I may need to take you up on the offer of a weapon
missed me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2014, 12:42:00 am »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer.

Anton watches the sky erupt in fire and smoldering rain.

"Красота-то какая. Лепота! It's a bad time to be an incoming attack ship, that's for sure."

@ Anton: "Keep our ships grounded for the moment, but make sure they are ready for takeoff. Gonna deploy them once I have a better view of the situation."

"Way ahead of you, chief. All ships are prepped and ready to fly. You can take out Tweedledee and Tweedledum anytime, and the Party Wagon is technically slaved to Team Cassowary, but I think Milno won't mind if you take direct control of it if you need to nuke something. The Southern Cross should probably stay grounded unless you really need it, it's got good firepower but will be a sitting duck in atmo. And of course our ace in the a-hole should stay there unless we've got nothing else that works. All ships might take a minute to spool up and go, so keep that in mind."

Idly chat with Miyamoto, admire fireworks.
See if it's possible to pre-check the Party Wagon and keep it on "hot take-off", so it doesn't need to waste time spooling up. We've got a war here, after all.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2014, 03:29:03 am »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles examines the corridor and begins thinking, bold text and thoughts alike mingling within his mind to optimize a compromise between area denial and coverage of a turret firing sequence. [Charge dynamic CON bonus] He had, ironically, no delusion as to his rather poor capability to predict the UWM force's entry movements and intercept them with turret rounds, however, what he could do was cut off their route in or at least narrow it using the area denial rounds whilst concealing himself and his turret behind the infernal flames and noxious fumes. At the very least, it could buy Simus and everyone else a little more time.

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 109