Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212211 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »

Team E
Teal nods, nudges Gorat with his elbow, and trots off to Bury a satchel charge in the field to the right side of the mustard gas pillar.
((And cool. Molotov cocktail is great. thanks.))

Hearing the sounds of gunfire, Teal suddenly has a thought.
He points at the mustard gas pillar as thought to say "What's to stop suited people just walking through it?"?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:47 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
"Sounds like a plan.  I'm glad we have some heavy weapons, because I'm not equipped for that.  Firing at sods.
Open fire on the sods.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2014, 08:25:29 pm »

Grab the dead heavy weapon sod's rocket launcher.

((One handed?

In any case, I'm going to edit in some supply grabbing.  Dead can't use it, etc etc))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2014, 08:31:34 pm »

Team F: Blobfish

"Weapons free, fire at will. Pick your shots carefully."

Address one of the Sods.

"Scenario, incoming Battlesuit. You are armed with a gauss rifle and laser rifle. List locations where a hit will do the most damage."

If Xan's plan fails, create a fast moving blade of force 5mm thick, and twelve meters across directly in front of the bunker with the intent of slicing the incoming force in half at the waist. If the force is not visible, charge brain for that action.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:28 pm »

TEAM F, BLOBFISH:
"I'm going to prematurely detonate any explosives I see. Or just shoot shit."
Dominika gets into position to fire at anything that gets within range of her laser rifle. Beforehand, though, she tries to fry anything explosive-looking in the enemy forces via microwave, otherwise... brain-charging?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:35:48 pm by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2014, 01:06:22 am »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles would have sighed if it were not for the fact that he could breath no longer, looks like he still had some more time on his hands. He begins estimating the likely paths and breaching methods, not only along the corridor but through the wall and whatnot if feasible for the attackers, he begins adjusting his imaginary firing sequence, altering it to predict movements and reactions, aiming to plan out an efficient solution to disrupt enemy firing and amp/manipulator usage by casting ambiguity upon his position with his firing yet still limiting their path. [Continue charging CON Dynamic]

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:21 am »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Finish work on that HUD thing for my teammates, and activate it.  Package it with my movement recording software. If I can, highlight the cockpit area of the battlesuit for Pancaek, and highlight targets for the others in such a way that they don't waste shots shooting the same people.  Also, search for targets that my team can't see, and highlight them.

Obviously, stay in cover, away from the bullet slits.

"HUD's live!  Light 'em up!

Pancaek!  Whole thing, twenty degrees, five seconds.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2014, 06:55:22 am »

Team D - squad comamnder brother Lars

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Quote from: from the on ship thread: if I'm not at the D rally point do this
Angel conducted a last check of his weapons and donned his suit, he probably should feel excited or nervous or something a part of him mused but the flickers of personality stirred by the shock of reawakening seemed to be quietening down again, still time was wasting and there were UWM to kill, time to get on station.

Quote from:  > Brother Lars

Squad Commander Lars!
    MGAXT-85674/FR Reporting In.
    Ready to engage

Head for Team D Rally Point and start looking for useful vantage points with a decent amount of cover
Quote from:  Angel Loadout

Laser Rifle + 1 spare battery
    Monofilament Razor
    Mk1 Suit
    towel

Otherwise if I am at the D rally point get to cover from the incoming shell send the following message to Brother Lars

Quote from: >Brother Lars
Squad-Commander Lars, do we have a fallback point if this location proves untenable or are we to die in place?

Keep head down, after detonation check for injury/suit breach and start aiming at nearest incoming hostile
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:24:21 pm by Phoenix Flame »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2014, 07:01:34 am »

((You should add your team name to the top of your post. Piecewise intentionally skipped over posts without it, last turn.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary", engineer

"I have a suspicion that our help might be needed a lot quicker than we anticipated."

Monitor the fighting through the feeds of various imaging drones we have around. If we don't have any immediately above the incoming enemies, launch a mapping drone in that direction and see if its sensors can allow me to get a better idea of the numbers and composition of the enemy force.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2014, 01:43:59 pm »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Have the laser rifle trained on any incoming hostile. Use it to concentrate on such hostiles for amp-targeting. The most dangerous-looking hostile gets a 1-foot sphere of heat planted into the center of mass/presumed cockpit/other probable command structure.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2014, 02:22:19 pm »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

If any enemies come within medium or short range, fire with laser rifle. If nothing yet, keep charging that CON bonus.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

((I think it's safe to assume you're at the rally point.  Also, I'm pretty sure there are escape tunnels.  Requesting confirmation?))

Quote from: >Brother Lars
Squad-Commander Lars, do we have a fallback point if this location proves untenable or are we to die in place?

"We hold position as long as possible, then retreat down the tunnels and regroup."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:11 pm »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader

"Sir! Permission to assist friendlies?"

"Permission granted, old fart. Hope you forgot that 'make love not war' bullshit you had going last time I saw you in action."

To the rest of Team G: "Men, women and assorted freaks, it seems our pals forgot how their weapons work. We're getting into action now. I'm moving to check on Team E's situation so I'll leave you with orders until I come back. Spread out a bit so an area attack doesn't take all of you in one go, but still stick to cover and fire at any hostiles when you get the opportunity to."

"Jim, the emotional old-timer in that battlesuit may need help if he can't get things done alone; otherwise, team F's position isn't too far away in case shit hits their fan even harder."

Check if the motion sensor is any good with all the dust flying around - turn it off in case it isn't. Fly and take position atop the Sword or any nearby cradle in order to get a rough idea of Team E's situation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2014, 04:07:02 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Cover the ship. High danger targets first."

Cover the ship with my laser, and order the sods to cover the ship as well, shooting any threats that they can see. Priority goes to heavy weapons and armor first. Should my teammates or the sods fail in taking out a piece of heavy armor, target it with a ten centimeter sphere of heat from my manipulator aimed at the cockpit. Unless it's an Avatar of War, in which case target a weapon.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 109