Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211020 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1395 on: May 01, 2014, 05:09:55 am »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

((I take it the civvie body armor didn't stop their rounds?))

Lars sat down and looked at the result of his carnage.  Unfortunate, but effective; the bridge was secure.  At least his suit was handling painkillers, because the adrenaline was wearing off.

"Call dibs on the loot of my kills. And Lars, permission to loot your kills too?"

"Brother Jack, hand me a loaded weapon and I will not care about the rest.  Even with the blessings of Ingram and Algis, we must ever remain on our guard."

"Sir, next time please try not to kill people with such useful data as how to fly the shooty* ship. It would make things easier for us."
Grate then turns to Jack.

Lars laughs at this.  "Young Brother Grate, who needs data when you have the gods on your side?  Us four took control of the bridge of the ship without anyone dying because of our faith in the divine."

Don't die.  Hope Jack loots me a nice weapon- the shard launcher will do otherwise.  Keep an eye out for anyone assaulting the bridge.  Pray for Grate's success.

"O Algis, thank you for shielding me from further harm.  Ingram, God of Guns, I praise your name with every bullet I fire.  May my work be pleasing to you.  Steve, may your light shine on us all..."

"I'll be sure to give you one once we get off this ship. Or at least, a place where there isn't a chance of being attacked by UWM soldiers."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:32 am »

Lars blinked at that.  "What else are you looting?  They shot at us with sidearms, at least."

((I'd rather not Lars have nothing but a borrowed anti-armor cannon to defend himself with.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 01, 2014, 08:42:56 am »

Lars blinked at that.  "What else are you looting?  They shot at us with sidearms, at least."

((I'd rather not Lars have nothing but a borrowed anti-armor cannon to defend himself with.))
"I'm looting everything off their bodies. "

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 01, 2014, 09:11:48 am »

"Just hand me a pistol so I can continue to sing the praises of Ingram, bullet by bullet."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 01, 2014, 09:24:23 am »

Lars laughs at this.  "Young Brother Grate, who needs data when you have the gods on your side?  Us four took control of the bridge of the ship without anyone dying because of our faith in the divine."
Grate just glances down at himself, as if checking that he is, indeed, still alive despite being a bit of a heathen.

"I'll be sure to give you one once we get off this ship. Or at least, a place where there isn't a chance of being attacked by UWM soldiers."
"I think it would be more useful if he had a weapon before we get attacked..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:28 am »

"Just hand me a pistol so I can continue to sing the praises of Ingram, bullet by bullet."
Team F

"Righto."

Loot the crewman I killed. Then stand guard. Loot the ones lars killed too if he gives permission. And give Lars a pistol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:29:48 am by Tavik Toth »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08:07 pm »

((He does permit))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1402 on: May 01, 2014, 12:46:46 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

You need the MK III's power for this, or would Thaddeus's spare MK I work just as well?

If the spare MK I will work with minimal downsides, go grab that and hook it in for Steve.

Otherwise, swap into the spare MK I and let the work commence.

If I have time this turn, look around for a console that controls the automated security or that controls the doors.

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve, how badly did Team Sod (H) fuck up?" Milno asks as he checks the screens.

Talk to Steve. Lock the bridge's door.

In case the missing sods or any hostiles appear, activate EMM and enter killing mode.

Team A

Set up some claymores in the hallway, no more than four. Hide them under the bodies of sods. Warn teammates about the fact that the corridor is mined.

"Can someone check what other important areas are in this ship, in case we need to go defend them?"

((Well, at least you didn't have me do anything sexual to them or strip them of their flesh so I could get their implants, so that's something. I didn't get fully possessed. :P

Oh, and all the stuff are going to Miyamoto. I don't know if he wants to sell them for tokens to give as payment or hand them out to newbies, but I have no use for them.))
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Happily hand over my spare Mk.I to be used. After that, stand watch over the blast door in case rogue sods come a knockin'.

Radio Steve: So, big boss, I know we asked you this already, but are you sure there aren't any other ways into this room? No crawl spaces or such?
Steve plugs in using the spare MKI.

Milno and flint head back outside. Milno smashes the controls to the doors while Flint sets up a few claymores in the hall. That done, they both head back inside and make sure the door is shut nice and tight behind them.

>Hard to say. Sods gone Autonomous might be infinitely better or infinitely worse then if they were being controlled. They might just stand around and guard a hallway. Or they might go and try to overload the main reactor and destroy the ship. We'll have to see.

There are no other entrances to this room, other then the air vents. And those would require you squeezing through a 3 inch in diameter pipe to get through. Unlikely.

TEAM B

Team B:Wild Weasels

"No, you cannot eat them. Simus, we followed the red line to the Weapon Control Room. I wanna see if we can shut down some of the automatic defenses from here."

Examine the control stations and see if I can find something that could shut down/reprogram/control any automated defenses on the ship. If all the controls are for the ship's various cannons and laser batteries, leave them alone, and start tying up the crew, and stripping them of any access cards, radios, or sidearms.
Team B - Well Behaved Space Mantis

Fine, I'll tie them up.

Put all the people in one corner of the room and try to tie them together using any rope or such anywhere. Failing that, just stack them in the corners.
Yeah, that console only controls the ship's weapons.  But you do find some nice keycards on the men you just knocked out. Xan politely ties them up with electrical cord and stacks them in the corner like firewood. How he does that with mantis claws is something you'll never know.

TEAM C

Angel: Team C

Quickly move to lock down the bridge doors again before anybody decides to come and see what the shouting is about, disarm bridge crew and get them up against a wall with no important controls within reach, wait for further orders

Auron, team C.

Make sure all of the bridge crew are incapacitated and all side arms are in my pack.

Head over to the consoles and set up a remote data link to steve.

Everyone has been disabled and their weapons stolen and placed in Auron's insatiable sack.

INSATIABLE. SACK.

Same problem that Skylar had comes up here: Plugging steve in means someone has to give up a suit. Or at least you need to get a suit.

TEAM E

((This is why you cook the grenades.))

Team E - Lerman

Get into cover. If that fails, perform strategic maneuvers.

"Run away, run away!"
Team E

"Run where? We're on a space ship, you ass, there's nowhere to run to! We will take this room dammit! Get ready to fire!"

Try again with another flashbang. This time, cook it a few seconds before throwing it, and when it blows, use suppressing fire on the whole room. Don't let my teammate chicken out and keep him shooting at the enemy.

Bishop cooks a grenade till it has maybe 2 seconds left and then hurls it in. It detonates an instant later, followed a flurry of screaming and random. fire. Lerman attempts to chicken out and run away, but Bishop just grabs him by the collar and throws him straight into the room before stepping in himself. The control room is a wreck of shot up consoles and blind firing crewmen swinging pistols around and shooting into the ceiling. They're easy pickings  and soon the bridge is quiet.

TEAM F

Team F

"Righto."

Loot the crewman I killed. Then stand guard. Loot the ones lars killed too if he gives permission. And give Lars a pistol.
Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

((I take it the civvie body armor didn't stop their rounds?))

Lars sat down and looked at the result of his carnage.  Unfortunate, but effective; the bridge was secure.  At least his suit was handling painkillers, because the adrenaline was wearing off.

"Call dibs on the loot of my kills. And Lars, permission to loot your kills too?"

"Brother Jack, hand me a loaded weapon and I will not care about the rest.  Even with the blessings of Ingram and Algis, we must ever remain on our guard."

"Sir, next time please try not to kill people with such useful data as how to fly the shooty* ship. It would make things easier for us."

Don't die.  Hope Jack loots me a nice weapon- the shard launcher will do otherwise.  Keep an eye out for anyone assaulting the bridge.  Pray for Grate's success.

"O Algis, thank you for shielding me from further harm.  Ingram, God of Guns, I praise your name with every bullet I fire.  May my work be pleasing to you.  Steve, may your light shine on us all..."
(it didn't stop them, but it greatly reduced their damage. Most of those hits are flesh wounds, and the one that did hit someplace dangerous didn't do any major damage. You'll be ok till the medics get  time to dig the bullets out. Divine intervention yet again. Lars is proving rather distressingly hard to kill.)

Team F

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Sigh at Lars's lethality of his methods.

"Some of us have more important things than material gain on our minds, like the army rebellion we're trying to spearhead, but I'm pretty sure that the loot is supposed to be divided equally among all teammates at the end of the mission."

Contact Steve and give a report. More importantly, ask for pointers on how to control the ship with three people, two of whom are of questionable competence.
Begin trying to figure out how to control the ship, with both Steve's help and what I can intuit from examining the controls and maybe doing some tests unlikely to damage the ship or burn half our fuel or something bad.
Pistols looted, one given to Lars. Man, there's a lot of blood on all this crap.

>The easiest way would be to simply plug your suit into the ship and let me do it.

TEAM G

"Renen I will require assistance in order to command this craft, please ensure they understand that hampering this effort would be dire in consequence"
TEAM G
begin learning controls of the ship from crewmen / reading through manuals / using logic i.e. charge dynamic aux

Same thing here, basically. If you want, steve can just control everything. Though, if you'd prefer to try and fly it on your own, that is possible too. Just be prepared to be snarked at while the ship explodes around you.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team HSod Controller

"Steve, how badly did Team Sod (H) fuck up?" Milno asks as he checks the screens.

((I'm assuming you broadcast this on ARM's (lowercase-g) general channel, and Hasala can thus hear it. Ignore if Milno uses a private channel or something.))

"I gambled on... Sod... control codes and lost. Would you be angry if it had worked?"

"I assume you guys captured the bridge already? Guess all that leaves for me is rogue soldier-hunting."

Check the map for the vital and/or explosion-capable areas of the ship. Which ones are nearby to my Sod squad and are close to the last known location of a UWM Sod squad? Leave the Support Sod here to watch the cameras in case any UWM Sods show up on them, while the other three set out for one of the vital areas. Weapons systems, preferably, if there's a choice.
Well, you have a few choices. The main cannon, the central reactor and the engine control are all relatively nearby. Any of them could be targets for rogue sods, assume they actually do anything and don't just stand around.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 01, 2014, 12:57:43 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"I can start looking for these sods to make sure they won't be any trouble. How many of them are supposed to have gone rogue?"

Talk to Steve. Hope my 'Locking' action meant I destroyed the controls outside and I can still leave the room normally to hunt the sods.

In case Steve finds the sods and gives the green light, take the remaining laser cutters, avoid the claymores and assorted crap left by the team and start hunting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 01, 2014, 01:29:01 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

I'll stay here and see if I can get some control over the ship systems, assuming that won't interfere with Steve's work. I think our highest priority to secure would be the reactor room. I feel like that's what they can do the most damage to that I can't help with. I'll try and lock them out of engine controls and weapon controls from here.

Speaking of, you have a time frame for us on the take-over Steve?

If Steve says it won't cause any problems, find a console related to automated security, door control, or internal sensors, study them for capabilities and dynamic bonus
If no security console, look for something that operates ship weapon systems or engine systems, do the same thing.

If Steve says it would interfere with him, study the consoles anyway in case I need to take over later. Keep an eye on the prisoners
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:36:43 pm by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1405 on: May 01, 2014, 01:32:07 pm »

Team A

Assist Milno's action of hunting Sods, if possible.

Else, start ungagging the people on the bridge one by one, talking to them and caring for them and then re-gagging them.
Specifically, offer them food, drinks and cigarettes(unless there are smoke detectors in here) from my backpack and ask them their name, where they're from and why they joined the military. The last two questions are the most important, I don't need to know everybody's name but I am interested in knowing where they're from and why they're here, since it could make me better at speech rolling them and other UWM people by making me able to understand them better.
Generally be a good prison guard and inform them that they will receive adequate clothing, housing and medical attention once the battle is over.

If piecewise is too busy to provide knowledge and/or RP (or if they refuse to speak and simply give me their name, DOB, rank and ID number as per Geneva conventions), just look for important stuff in the bridge or find an important looking computer screen to watch. Any sort of security monitor I could use to see which doors were recently used and with whom's keycard? Do not touch anything.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:05:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 01, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Plug suit into ship after/before removing it. Let Steve do what he needs to do. Also send the following messages:

Quote from: Grate->All members of all teams on Ship Beta
Dear everyone,
The ship's bridge has been secured by Team F, and Steve should be taking over the systems now. Our work is wrapping up here.
Probably.
Sincerely,
Grate
Quote from: Grate->Steve
Dear Steve,
What now?
Love,
Grate
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:47:44 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 01, 2014, 02:28:37 pm »

((Remember that you need to get out of the suit first; you might want to specify to potentially save a turn.  If you want to stay in, we could make Dominika get out- she's not exactly using hers.  Lars probably should stay in his, what with the multiple gunshot wounds and all.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 01, 2014, 02:45:10 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Central reactor sounds important. Let's go there.
Divide the support Sod's equipment, minus its rifle, among the other Sods before the squad splits.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 01, 2014, 02:56:04 pm »

Team B Bored

Xan sighs.

Hey Steve, is there any way we can plug you into the ship from here so you can take it over? Watching these manual hacking attempts is grating on my nerves.

Charge exo bonus, talk to Steve through Morul's suit radio since I don't have one.
Also follow Morul.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:48:16 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 109