Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212137 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1425 on: May 02, 2014, 03:34:28 pm »

"Yeah, about that. This room only controls the main guns and the anti-ship lasers. We should be able to take those over, but I'm afraid any turrets or other nastiness in the halls are going to stay active. So, uh watch your step."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 02, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Hold off Angel, let me."

Give my suit to be plugged in instead of Angel's- I'm a robot, last time I checked he wasn't. A cyborg, maybe, but I'm not sure if he still needs air. Also, collect a space suit from one of the bridge staff, but don't put it on yet. Also, watch the crew and the door while the others hack.

Team C: Angel

As you will

cancel previous action of taking off suit, ensure that bridge crew are suitably secured then look for shipboard monitoring equipment to make sure we're not missing anything important

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 02, 2014, 05:14:58 pm »

Team G

We are assuming the control of this ship now. If any of you send a message calling for help, I will hunt down and kill that person.

Are there any soldiers in this ship?

Ask the crew. Restrain them. Take one of my teammates and tell them to keep an eye on the crew, taking care of anyone rebellious.

Ask Steve:
Steve, Renen here, we took control of the ship we are in right now. What's next?

"HEY BITCHES, IT'S TIME FOR YOUR 54TH BIRTHDAY PARTY, LET'S GET IT ON."

Assume guard duty. Wave Revolver around menacingly.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1428 on: May 05, 2014, 02:02:08 pm »

TEAM AD

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"I can start looking for these sods to make sure they won't be any trouble. How many of them are supposed to have gone rogue?"

Talk to Steve. Hope my 'Locking' action meant I destroyed the controls outside and I can still leave the room normally to hunt the sods.

In case Steve finds the sods and gives the green light, take the remaining laser cutters, avoid the claymores and assorted crap left by the team and start hunting.

>Numbers are unknown. Judging from my available date, about 15.  Stay where you are for now; there's a group of sods hunting them already and you're the most combat capable man on your team. For now, hold the bridge. If things go bad, We'll work it from there.

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

I'll stay here and see if I can get some control over the ship systems, assuming that won't interfere with Steve's work. I think our highest priority to secure would be the reactor room. I feel like that's what they can do the most damage to that I can't help with. I'll try and lock them out of engine controls and weapon controls from here.

Speaking of, you have a time frame for us on the take-over Steve?

If Steve says it won't cause any problems, find a console related to automated security, door control, or internal sensors, study them for capabilities and dynamic bonus
If no security console, look for something that operates ship weapon systems or engine systems, do the same thing.

If Steve says it would interfere with him, study the consoles anyway in case I need to take over later. Keep an eye on the prisoners

I've Already locked down as many doors as I can and vented the atmosphere.  Don't worry about it now. These UWM really need more cameras in their ships. Really, you just have to wait for everyone else to get in position and then hope I don't have to send you outside the cockpit once we start.

Team A

Assist Milno's action of hunting Sods, if possible.

Else, start ungagging the people on the bridge one by one, talking to them and caring for them and then re-gagging them.
Specifically, offer them food, drinks and cigarettes(unless there are smoke detectors in here) from my backpack and ask them their name, where they're from and why they joined the military. The last two questions are the most important, I don't need to know everybody's name but I am interested in knowing where they're from and why they're here, since it could make me better at speech rolling them and other UWM people by making me able to understand them better.
Generally be a good prison guard and inform them that they will receive adequate clothing, housing and medical attention once the battle is over.

If piecewise is too busy to provide knowledge and/or RP (or if they refuse to speak and simply give me their name, DOB, rank and ID number as per Geneva conventions), just look for important stuff in the bridge or find an important looking computer screen to watch. Any sort of security monitor I could use to see which doors were recently used and with whom's keycard? Do not touch anything.

You sure you wanna do that, what with what happened with the sod controllers?

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Radio Milno: Hey boss? I'm gonna stay behind and help Skylar with...whatever it is he needs help with

Stay with Skylar helping him where necessary, unless my help would be detrimental(cause of no Aux skill). Otherwise, keep an eye on the prisoners and find a nice bit of cover to watch the door from and charge an Exo bonus.
You go crouch in the corner and make ready to fight, should you need to.

TEAM B

Team B Bored

Xan sighs.

Hey Steve, is there any way we can plug you into the ship from here so you can take it over? Watching these manual hacking attempts is grating on my nerves.

Charge exo bonus, talk to Steve through Morul's suit radio since I don't have one.
Also follow Morul.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"This is just the weapons control room. If he wants the main guns, he can have 'em, but I'd rather not get the other ships shooting at us just yet. If he wants the ship, we'll have to make it to the bridge. Hopefully, it's not on a closed atmosphere system."

Take a quick look through the keycards to see what they'd give access to, then head back to the green path, and follow it.
Team A 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Once you get the automatic defenses off, it should hopefully just be a walk to the control room, now I've disabled... or possibly killed... everyone aboard.

Check the environmental console for any kind of map of the ship - doesn't really matter what the map is about, so long as rooms are labeled.
TEAM A HUH PYRO? SURE YOU'RE NOT TEAM B?

>I won't be able to control the whole ship, but I can certainly hack this station.

The keycards seem to be high level access. They'd probably get you into anywhere, save for maybe the last door to the bridge.

And yes, you can can find a usable map via the ship's environmental control. It's a bit hard to understand since it's all out of wack in terms of scale and size, but you have a general idea where to go.

TEAM C

Auron Team C.

Ask one of my teammates to give up their suits and plug steve in, use my mk 1 if they refuse.

Check if the bridge/crew have any space suits or emergency respirators and give them to the guy who gave up his suit.

Guard prisoners while steve does things.

Give my suit to be plugged in instead of Angel's- I'm a robot, last time I checked he wasn't. A cyborg, maybe, but I'm not sure if he still needs air. Also, collect a space suit from one of the bridge staff, but don't put it on yet. Also, watch the crew and the door while the others hack.

Team C: Angel

As you will

cancel previous action of taking off suit, ensure that bridge crew are suitably secured then look for shipboard monitoring equipment to make sure we're not missing anything important

Denzel gives up his suit and Auron plugs it in.

>Commencing full lock down. Overriding control on all systems. Please stand by.

Team E

Team E - Lerman

HARVEST THE LOOT. Then plug in Steve, via the methods described previously.

"All the bits! Gonna make me a shiny mech, oh yes!"
Team E

"Ok Steve, we're here and have secured the bridge. I'm gonna get you connected and then you do your thing."

Search the room for a working console and have my teammate plug in for Steve. If he needs to get out of his suit, make sure to have Steve restore local atmosphere first, then cover my now nude teammate while Steve takes over.
Loot harvested (Lots of side arms, as usual)  and steve plugged in. He equalizes the climate in the room before dropping out, letting Lerman out of his suit and then dropping back in.

>Take over complete. Waiting on other ships before acting.

TEAM F

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Plug suit into ship after/before removing it. Let Steve do what he needs to do. Also send the following messages:

Quote from: Grate->All members of all teams on Ship Beta
Dear everyone,
The ship's bridge has been secured by Team F, and Steve should be taking over the systems now. Our work is wrapping up here.
Probably.
Sincerely,
Grate
Quote from: Grate->Steve
Dear Steve,
What now?
Love,
Grate

Just grate eh?

>Now you wait. And hope I don't need you to leave the cockpit. Assuming direct control.

TEAM G

Team G

We are assuming the control of this ship now. If any of you send a message calling for help, I will hunt down and kill that person.

Ask the crew. Restrain them. Take one of my teammates and tell them to keep an eye on the crew, taking care of anyone rebellious.

Ask Steve:
Steve, Renen here, we took control of the ship we are in right now. What's next?

"HEY BITCHES, IT'S TIME FOR YOUR 54TH BIRTHDAY PARTY, LET'S GET IT ON."

Assume guard duty. Wave Revolver around menacingly.

Team G

Ask Steve:

They tell you that there are a few soldiers on the ship, but that they don't know where they are right now.

>Plug someone's suit into the controls.

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

Steve informs you of the fact that several teams are either in their respective control rooms or close to it. You also notice one of the ships is venting atmosphere rather aggressively.

"Well, they certainly seem to be having fun over there. Steve, do the UWM ships have point defense weapons as separate systems or are they all controlled from the central bridge? I'm asking because I don't want nasty surprises from ships I consider safe for our own ships to be next to. And do pass the message on to the teams that our evacuation shuttles and attack craft, what little there are, are already on standby should they want them."

Talk to Steve. Check status of our ship group. See if the non-boarded ships in the fleet are responding to the events yet, and keep an eye on those sensors.

>I'll have control of point defense too, don't worry.

The ships steve has control of have started to slow down, which is probably kinda suspicious, but none of the other ships have done anything about it so you assume things are good for now.

Your ships are fueled and ready to go. And probably will here in a second. I think everyone but the Team G guys are plugged and ready.

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Central reactor sounds important. Let's go there.
Divide the support Sod's equipment, minus its rifle, among the other Sods before the squad splits.

Don't worry about it for now. lets end this shit. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 05, 2014, 02:03:44 pm »

Team B

Do you know where the bridge is now? Can we go there?

Follow Morul while looking out for enemies etc etc blah
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 05, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »

Team F

Make inventory of loot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 05, 2014, 02:14:08 pm »

((Heh heh. My prank worked.))

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

"Alright, then."
"Listen up, Jack, Lars, other guy. Steve's got the ship. Just sit tight, try not to mess anything up, and keep an ear out for orders."

Sit in whatever seat the thing I plugged the suit into is near. Keep an ear out for messages, Steve's orders, etc.
See if I can, I dunno, run a VR program in the Sword and have the stuff transmitted to here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 05, 2014, 02:27:19 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"The power of the gods clearly fills you, Brother Grate.  All praise be to Steve!"

Continue watching and waiting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 05, 2014, 02:28:50 pm »

Team E - Lerman

AHAHAHAHAHAH! LOOOOOOOOT!

What's the best stuff there? Any rifles or BFGs or things?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Twiddle my thumbs? Or rogue Sod hunting, because I assume that has to be done at some point?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 05, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar Support

Well, in the hopes of not having to leave the cockpit, I'll just be staring at these displays while you work, Steve.

Examine the control stations, in particular identify and study flight control and weapons control. Watch what Steve is doing for entertainment.

Wait for the other ships.

(( All said, this is gone surprisingly well over here on ship Alpha. Finding the sod controllers was a ridiculous stroke of luck. Though I have to know (because I'm endlessly curious about how PW runs these things :P), was it seriously pure luck that team Sod happened to be that close to the Sod controllers, or was that vaguely engineered? ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 05, 2014, 03:41:42 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Understood."

Enter "defend the bridge" mode. Examine the new rifle models I looted from those guards. See if the new gauss rifle still has the overcharge button.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Yes, Xan, I know where it is now. Scale's off on the map but everything is in the right place. Do anything you need to there and let's go.

And keep an eye out for automated defences or any crew in suits. I don't want any surprises.

Regroup with Xan and Morul, and head for the bridge, with an eye out for any defences that might have survived our operations so far.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 05, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Stay in my corner. Keep charging an Exo bonus
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

I'm more than ready to get this done; I have some questions I need answered.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 109