Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212143 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1500 on: May 08, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Okay, no earth, uhhh, ship shattering kaboom. That's good."

Search through the consoles for anything that might look like a tactical display, or something that would allow me to track the battle's progression.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 08, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »

((Where is my corpse? Is it in the room where I died, or in the bridge with my teammates, or in a stasis pod in the boarding pod?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:52 pm »

Angel:Team C

Still breathing everyone?
I advise you keep doing it
The mission will succeed

Get my bearings again, identify the nearest escape pods/ life rafts in case we need to leave in a hurry, hang tight ready to brace again, wait for further orders or for the screaming to start

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 08, 2014, 06:35:14 pm »

Team D - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Help Skylar with saving the bridge crew, if possible. Otherwise, keep bracing.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:25 pm »

Team E- Lerman

Continue bracing.

Um, wheres the cavalry? Failing that, why aren't we running away?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:58:36 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 08, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »

"Maybe we should move further into the ship. More metal between us and them, right?"
Suggest, then brace for impact.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 08, 2014, 09:37:51 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Standby and keep calm. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind being around Lars for once."

Continue bracing, pray to the pantheon for protection. If Steve suggests running, have the rest of the team make a break for the escape pods- someone needs to watch the bridge crew.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:13:09 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 09, 2014, 04:41:02 am »

Team E

"We are the cavalry, along with all the other teams on their ships. And where would we run to exactly? Don't worry, Steve knows what he's doing and he's going to do his best to get us through this alive."

Pull up a tactical view of the battle on a monitor and monitor the progress of the battle. Stay in brace position!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 09, 2014, 08:44:50 am »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve, give me the coordinates and location relative to us of all ships firing at Alpha. I wanna try something."

Long, somewhat crazy action ahead. Brace anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:06:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 09, 2014, 09:50:51 am »

((Edited action into previous post. Just in case Sean shows up right before the turn again.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 09, 2014, 12:33:34 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"...твою мать! Dammit people, what are you all still doing there, the ships are remotely controlled! Get your asses out of there!

...hello?
"

Despite being on the base for a good part of a year, and constantly coming into contact with all manner of people, Anton has still retained his slightly asocial streak. He much preferred machines to people. Because of that, he struggled to recall the name of the man who'd just entered the control room. Larry? Lenny? It wasn't really important, Anton decided. His mind was drifting back to the damage to Alpha, and the sudden and violent destruction of Gamma, most likely lost with all hands. But even so, his technical eye didn't fail to notice the device the man held. Even knowing the amount of strange people in the ranks of the ARM, he was fairly certain nuclear devices were rarely carried in the open, especially after that incident. Something about the man seemed off in general, but not enough to cause serious alarm. The compound is guarded, and Steve has access to all personal video feeds... what could happen?

"Hey... Leo?" Anton's subconscious pulled the name out of some long-forgotten team roster he'd viewed at one point. "Nuclear weapons are off-limits in the base interior. If you really have to carry one around, do it outside, please. Preferably far away. I'd rather not have to clear out another crater." He speaks out louder, addressing Steve. "We really should rethink our policies in regards to weapons of mass destruction, by the way. Radioactive craters are bad for our image, and these little nukes are way too easily obtained."

Watch the battle unfold. Be suspicious of Leo and the item he carries. Talk to Steve. Contemplate (Intuit) being more concerned about the sudden appearance of a man with a nuke in our control room.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1511 on: May 09, 2014, 01:38:21 pm »

Team B

Brace harder. Check that my brain's armoured and shit.

You transform your entire biomass, outside of your brain, into a massively dense ball of bone.

Team A

Ask Steve to fire reverse thrusters for the boarding pods if it would be a good idea, so that if we get hit again, at least some will be saved.
Again, see if there's any way to help the crewmen not die.

>Already did it when were hit last time, so it would be disguised amongst the debris.

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Look around and see if there are suits on the bridge for the bridge crew. If there are, get someone to help shove them into suits, ideally without untying them.

If no suits on the bridge, continue to brace. Check map for life pods, judge the amount of time it would take to run to them or to run to the bullets we came in on.

Yeah, they're kinda screwed.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Okay, no earth, uhhh, ship shattering kaboom. That's good."

Search through the consoles for anything that might look like a tactical display, or something that would allow me to track the battle's progression.
There's a tactical display to watch, but it's not much more then a 3d grid with a few blinking dots and  several lines tracing the trajectory of shots. The realities of space combat seem to boil down to rather simple physics equations which end in death.

((Where is my corpse? Is it in the room where I died, or in the bridge with my teammates, or in a stasis pod in the boarding pod?))
Quantum right now. You can choose.

The mission will succeed

Get my bearings again, identify the nearest escape pods/ life rafts in case we need to leave in a hurry, hang tight ready to brace again, wait for further orders or for the screaming to start
You find the nearest escape pods. Oh, hey, the entire cockpit functions as an escape pod! Thats pretty cool.

Team E

"We are the cavalry, along with all the other teams on their ships. And where would we run to exactly? Don't worry, Steve knows what he's doing and he's going to do his best to get us through this alive."

Pull up a tactical view of the battle on a monitor and monitor the progress of the battle. Stay in brace position!
See similar action above.

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve, give me the coordinates and location relative to us of all ships firing at Alpha. I wanna try something."

Long, somewhat crazy action ahead. Brace anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You sit down and let your mind and the glove slowly explore the workings of the ship's control system, connecting yourself up to the ship's sensors and merging yourself in with it.

SHIP ALPHA
(Team a,d,H)
The ship shudders again as more gauss rounds tear into it.

>Power systems are failing. Rerouting remaining power to main gun. We're only going to get one more good shot out of this thing's cannon, and then we've got nothing but to try and use it to shield the other ships. Preparing final measures. locking in orders on secondary computers. All crew, find escape pods or, failing that, just get free of the ship. Firing the main cannon may shake this thing apart, so move fast.

SHIP BETA
Team c,b
The ship lists to one side, jerked to the right by impact.

>Right side battery destroyed. Rerouting power to left side and overcharging. We'll fire till the damn guns melt.

The ship jerks back under the crew's feet as the main cannon fires again.

SHIP DELTA Team F

The damage monitors spike red and start screaming in a very disconcerting way.

>One of the auto-manips used on the main cannon has been damaged. Firing will continue, but be prepared to evacuate very quickly. That damage might make the system unstable; remember what an manip overload looks like with one the size of your fist? These are as big as a small tank. The effects are exponential by size.

SHIP EPSILON
Team e

No damage, Firing continues as normal. Fucking neo-ing your way though shots here.

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"...твою мать! Dammit people, what are you all still doing there, the ships are remotely controlled! Get your asses out of there!

...hello?
"

Despite being on the base for a good part of a year, and constantly coming into contact with all manner of people, Anton has still retained his slightly asocial streak. He much preferred machines to people. Because of that, he struggled to recall the name of the man who'd just entered the control room. Larry? Lenny? It wasn't really important, Anton decided. His mind was drifting back to the damage to Alpha, and the sudden and violent destruction of Gamma, most likely lost with all hands. But even so, his technical eye didn't fail to notice the device the man held. Even knowing the amount of strange people in the ranks of the ARM, he was fairly certain nuclear devices were rarely carried in the open, especially after that incident. Something about the man seemed off in general, but not enough to cause serious alarm. The compound is guarded, and Steve has access to all personal video feeds... what could happen?

"Hey... Leo?" Anton's subconscious pulled the name out of some long-forgotten team roster he'd viewed at one point. "Nuclear weapons are off-limits in the base interior. If you really have to carry one around, do it outside, please. Preferably far away. I'd rather not have to clear out another crater." He speaks out louder, addressing Steve. "We really should rethink our policies in regards to weapons of mass destruction, by the way. Radioactive craters are bad for our image, and these little nukes are way too easily obtained."

Watch the battle unfold. Be suspicious of Leo and the item he carries. Talk to Steve. Contemplate (Intuit) being more concerned about the sudden appearance of a man with a nuke in our control room.
Hasala Nabin - Team H - Hephaestus Control Room

Hasala ignores the man who had just walked into the room in favor of checking out the status of the other teams.
"Ouch."

((This is mostly to remind Sean and piecewise that my character is in the room, too. Not that I can do much, since I didn't visit the armory or the locker room before leaving the ship. >.> ))

EDIT: If Anton attacks Leo or Leo does something hostile, help Anton/hold Leo down/etc.

Before anyone in the control room can do anything, something pops up on the main screen. It reads

"HAMMER OF HEPHAESTUS: PRE-FIRE PREP COMPLETE. CHARGE 100%. 

FIRING."

A few seconds later the ground jerks with such force that it knocks everyone in the room flat on their faces.

To all crew

>Almost there. We have a round from the planet based gauss cannon coming in. After that, it should just be clean up. Hold fast.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 09, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Hasala rubbed the back of his head, where it had hit the ground. Maybe he should be the one bracing, next time.

Team Sod to the nearest escape pod. If they pass any crewmen - alive or dead, but reviveable - grab them/their heads and keep going.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:26 pm »

The mission will succeed

You find the nearest escape pods. Oh, hey, the entire cockpit functions as an escape pod! Thats pretty cool.

Time to leave, guys.

Find the nearest escape pods. (or assume I found them last turn) If our cockpit works the same way as ship Beta, ask Steve to jettison it on his mark.

If it requires manual controls, find them, jettison on Steve's mark.

If the cockpit is not an escape pod or is damaged, clear the elevator and plot the shortest route to an escape pod, airlock or one of the holes we punched coming in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 09, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »

((I'd like to know what that big gun just shot, that implies it can clear multiple capital ships.))

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

The prayers of Brother Lars continue, though there's a definite note of joy in there after the last announcement from Steve.

Continue prayer.  Be prepared to move suddenly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 109