Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078795 times)

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4920 on: November 18, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

Yeah, I already tried that. Unfortunately the dead/missing tab don't list goblin invaders.

Been looking around on how to find unit IDs from their corpses, but no luck so far. And because I'm an idiot, I already deleted my backup saves from before the goblins were dead (otherwise I could find their unit ID via "teleport -showunitid".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: November 18, 2016, 02:03:04 am »

Try full-heal -r
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4922 on: November 18, 2016, 02:09:22 am »

Try full-heal -r

That was what I was trying. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: November 18, 2016, 08:56:45 am »

Okay, you should be able to get the unit ID from the corpse by selecting it and running

:lua ~dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem().unit_id

(or just ":lua ~item.unit_id" with DFHack for 0.43.05+)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4924 on: November 18, 2016, 11:41:59 am »

Thanks, that worked for getting the IDs, and I think I was able to ressurect the goblins. Their corpses changed status to (h)idden, and then simply disappeared as soon as I unpaused the game (curiously, their severed body parts didn't disappear along with their corpses). But the goblins themselves were nowhere to be found, nor were they back in the units screen. I guess they respawned elsewhere? So I tried the same method on one of my dead dorfs (but via unit screen) and he reappeared where he was struck down.

So I'm guessing the goblins would also reappear where they fell and probably go into ambush state. However, since they died in various locations far from the fort (which I can't even remember the exact locations) I wasn't able to station my militia to cover all the suspected locations. The solution would be to use the teleport command. I tested it on a dorf and he teleported to the pos I had input. I tried it with the goblin's ID but they didn't appear at all (even though DFHack didn't output any errors).

Perhaps the goblin's ID I got was wrong or the full-heal -r didn't actually work. Either way, my fortress is still stuck with the perpetual SIEGE :-(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: November 18, 2016, 04:44:03 pm »

Oh, it's a stuck siege issue. Sieges have changed a lot since 0.31, so I don't know if that advice would be helpful, really.

If you're sure that a utility like DFHack didn't cause the issue, I would really recommend reporting that on Mantis and uploading a save to DFFD (or if it's already been reported, link to the save in the existing report).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: November 18, 2016, 11:42:08 pm »

Hmmm, I'm a bit drowsy, but couldn't you just lua search for the df.global.world.armies entry with the target being your site.id? I think it was under the controller subfield though, if you knew the general range of pos_x and pos_y which your fort covers you could manually dump them outside the boundaries.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4927 on: November 19, 2016, 02:19:48 am »

Hmmm, I'm a bit drowsy, but couldn't you just lua search for the df.global.world.armies entry with the target being your site.id? I think it was under the controller subfield though, if you knew the general range of pos_x and pos_y which your fort covers you could manually dump them outside the boundaries.

Sorry, way over my head there :-P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: November 19, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

Yeah, trying to think of where you'd check for the army besides guessing.

Hmmm, if you knew the civ attacking you then that has a list of the armies under df.global.world.entities[civ id].armies actually.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »

probably need to at one point figure out what makes armies invade towns and use that to rescue recruit more people to new armies so they could invade more towns.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: November 20, 2016, 05:15:51 pm »

Putting the army controller pos in a town seems to work pretty well.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4931 on: November 21, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »

Welp, bug happened to me again.

I reloaded the fortress back to day 1 of embark and after 2 years the invaders came (but this time only 1 appeared). I think the rest of the invading party is stuck somewhere? Maybe ressurecting the dead invaders to kill them again was not the right approach after all.

Here's the bug report if anyone's interested: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10075
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: November 22, 2016, 02:12:09 pm »

How would I go about submitting scripts for inclusion in DFHack? What repository should I use? (I assume the process is fork>add script>submit pull request)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: November 22, 2016, 02:19:24 pm »

Pretty much, and https://github.com/dfhack/scripts is the repo you want.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: November 22, 2016, 02:22:13 pm »

I hope this is about those seasonal color palettes.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 360