Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965367 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1485 on: August 30, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 30, 2015, 06:21:15 pm »

Why isn't the inquisition* on that planet? There is obviously some warp-heresy going on there, because there are more guardsmen there than twice the combined population of the galaxy excluding them. And there are still some orks on the planet.

*And by the inquisition, I mean all of it. And all the space marines.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 30, 2015, 09:19:08 pm »

So in the forum games I decided to create a suggestion game based off the dawn of war series with the Imperial Guard under extreme onslaught from the Orks and a exterminatus fleet under way to investigate the planet. The players will come in as a space marine chapter of complete customization and help take back the planet before the inquisition decides to glass the place.

First: If you kill a Ork Warboss will that cause a cascade within the orks? By cascade i mean completely paralyze them until a new ork plants himself as the new boss?
Second: How does the Imperium usually fight off Ork invasions? Besides you know glassing everything?
Third: Can a Waaargh ever be stopped once started?
Fourth: Can one Space Marine chapter and the Imperial Guard (working together of course with PDF and planet side militias) have a chance to beat back the Orks?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 30, 2015, 09:21:46 pm »

Why isn't the inquisition* on that planet? There is obviously some warp-heresy going on there, because there are more guardsmen there than twice the combined population of the galaxy excluding them. And there are still some orks on the planet.

*And by the inquisition, I mean all of it. And all the space marines.

As the Space Marines land they will say "We are legion, we are many." Then the Guardsmen will say "We are Guardsmen. We are ALL"
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:39 am »

First: If you kill a Ork Warboss will that cause a cascade within the orks? By cascade i mean completely paralyze them until a new ork plants himself as the new boss?
Second: How does the Imperium usually fight off Ork invasions? Besides you know glassing everything?
Third: Can a Waaargh ever be stopped once started?
Fourth: Can one Space Marine chapter and the Imperial Guard (working together of course with PDF and planet side militias) have a chance to beat back the Orks?

First: More or less, depending on how long it takes for a new Warboss to assert dominance.
Second: Trench warfare using the Guard to take up the brunt of the greenskins. Maybe a Space Marine chapter for surgical strikes. If its really bad, they'll probably call in the Deathwatch or an Imperial Assassin.
Third: Yes, eventually all WAAAGHs are stopped. A lot of the time its because of the Orks' stupidity.
Fourth: Depends on the WAAAGH, the Warboss, the competency of the Guard and the Astartes, and the plot.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 31, 2015, 01:34:03 am »

Why not just go deathwatch?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2015, 02:14:48 am »

It should be noted that if it's an ENTIRE space marine chapter that hasn't only just been founded, it'd have to be one hell of an Ork force to stand a chance at all.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 31, 2015, 07:43:48 am »

Why not just go deathwatch?

I imagine that there are not as a abundant supply of space marine chapters as their are Imperial Guard Regiments/Fleets running around.

Deathwatch bieng an even smaller force that requires more critical reason to be deployed. Not every Hive world was created equal. Or granted equal citizenship for that matter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1493 on: August 31, 2015, 08:08:26 am »

Usually when the Imperial Guard are left alone to deal with Orks they either get caught into a grim stalemate (probably because they ran out of hellhounds) or they "win" but still end up having to deal with the legacy of endless ork spores and get caught into a grim stalemate. Alternatively they may just all get wrecked and lose.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 31, 2015, 10:31:06 am »

Thing is. Once you got orks on a planet you'll always have orks in it thanks to those spores. Cleaning routines have to be stablished and strict patrol is required to never let them beyond the wild phase. No matter wich force are you, that reality remains the same.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1495 on: August 31, 2015, 11:56:05 am »

Once you got orks on a planet you'll always have orks in it thanks to those spores.
Bullshit. Exterminatus is a thing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 31, 2015, 12:29:53 pm »

Fire'll get rid of 'em. Quarantine and burn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 31, 2015, 12:53:19 pm »

The most important thing about Orks is reducing their capacity to war enough that PDF can handle them since killing all the spores takes a long time and a lot of effort.

A lot of planets that had Ork attacks get little bands of primitive Orks with stone axes running out of the wilderness every couple of years, but normally PDF or local Guard garrisons can crush that sort of thing in short order. If the Orks take the time to develop you get a lot of problems, but that usually only happens on planets where the Orks are already in charge or waging an active war.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 31, 2015, 12:58:25 pm »

In theory, the only way to truly eradicate the Ork prescence is Exterminatus. You can kill every single Ork and the spores they leave behind will just turn into Squiggs and Orks eventually. Once the Ork had touched down on a planet, they're there to stay in some form.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 31, 2015, 01:06:53 pm »

In theory, the only way to truly eradicate the Ork prescence is Exterminatus. You can kill every single Ork and the spores they leave behind will just turn into Squiggs and Orks eventually. Once the Ork had touched down on a planet, they're there to stay in some form.

Various weapons destroy the spores, fire, plasma, Necron Gauss weaponry and so on, so a concentrated effort to burn out the spores can work, but you basically have to firebomb everywhere the Orks had been.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 824