Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965536 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2685 on: January 20, 2016, 03:17:13 pm »

Ultramarines are of the people. Unlike their grimdark brothers, they value the lives of common servants of the Emperor.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:05 pm »

Nah, thats the salamanders. The ultradweebs just spend most of their non combat time fapping to excel and cato sicarius.
That and being baited into fights with alpha legion cells.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 20, 2016, 03:27:16 pm »

The Ultramarines are the best marines, so it makes sense that they would have Marines from other chapters working for them. :P
The daemon prince Ward is pleased with your remarks.

And yup, is either an old lady having her air colour running it's natural course, or the order that does so for tradition (the Sisters)

Now, I wonder, or better said, desire for a Space Marine Chapter, the game. A simulation/war game where you can play as a whole chapter. That's it, you control the 10 companies and the 100 battle brothers in each. But not just that. You also need to negotiate with the mechanicus for supplies, equipment and training for technomarines. You need to control the intake of possible recruits and the replenishment and training of new battle brothers. Also you would control the chapters fleet.

You need to respond to threats on your sector and/or help pleas from other systems and imperial institutions. Then you have to weight which resources you'll compromise if you choose to help. At this stage you could either simulate (auto resolve) or play the battle(s) yourself in a stile like that of dawn of war games. Also space battles should be played by you, assisting other imperial fleets while boardings are can be also either auto resolved or manually controlled and carried out. As you win battles you can get more equipment and perks by treaties with other imperial institutions.

Also except the occasional crusades that would drain your resources and inquisitor visits if there's anything suspicious. You should check for anything fishy and try to keep your gene-seed as pure as you can. Keep an eye on promotions and the leadership and what not.

Full customization and details for the squads and vehicles should be at order, from individual names and history of each battle brother, to vehicle weapon load out.

For all this you could either hand craft your own chapter, choose a randomly created one or pick a "historical" one to play either historical campaigns or sand box games with randomly/procedurally generated content. In the case you make one you can decide if it's fleet or planet based, the founding chapter it comes from, which sector it might be and so on....

What do you think? Should I email GW and Relic/SEGA?  :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:48:17 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 20, 2016, 03:53:43 pm »

There's this thing if you don't mind a little lack of polish:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.0

Haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure how far it got in development.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 20, 2016, 04:28:04 pm »

Ultramarines are of the people. Unlike their grimdark brothers, they value the lives of common servants of the Emperor.
Nah, thats the salamanders. The ultradweebs just spend most of their non combat time fapping to excel and cato sicarius.
That and being baited into fights with alpha legion cells.
The man's right. You want compassion for the plebs, you go Salamanders or Space Wolves.
Ultramarines are the little kings of their own corner of the galaxy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 20, 2016, 04:49:28 pm »

You want compassion for the plebs, you go Salamanders or Space Wolves.

Salamanders yes. Space Wolves though? They're not renowned as a Chapter for giving a shit about the pleebles.

Blood Angels would be a better choice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 20, 2016, 05:23:26 pm »

If I ever get into the tabletop, I'm painting my SMs as a Salamanders successor chapter: the Geckos. I like the fluff and lore behind the Salamanders, plus their ideals and master crafted wargead. I just hate the color scheme....
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 20, 2016, 05:27:29 pm »

No way. Space Wolves are the champions of the masses, son.
Grimnar looks like Father Christmas for a reason!

Edit: For some actual reasoning, they did kinda go to war with the entire inquisition over the lives of the Armageddon I survivors... Mortals all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:32:00 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 20, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

So emperor could punch a whole metallic dragon god to half death and lock him down on Mars?

Yep. Did it before space travel was a thing as well. It's implied he defeated it sometime in the Middle Ages using a lance and his psychic prowess.

How he got it to Mars and locked it in a non-euclidean vault is another matter entirely and I have no idea how he managed that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2694 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:48 pm »

Stephen Hawking = Man Emperor of Mankind

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 20, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »

Carl Sagan, actualy, Hawking is mostly a fearmonger nowadays, unfortunely, even though he has the right idea about XENOS SCUM and colonizing other planets.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2696 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:54 pm »

Fearmonger? Or prophet of doom?
Think about it - Hawkings knows the danger of space xenos, and has warned us that hyper advanced AI could spell our doom. Sounds like the Man Emperor of Mankind to me.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 20, 2016, 06:32:59 pm »

Fearmonger? Or prophet of doom?
Think about it - Hawkings knows the danger of space xenos, and has warned us that hyper advanced AI could spell our doom. Sounds like the Man Emperor of Mankind to me.
Now we just ned to throw a bunch of wh 40k books at him from different editions and tell him to read them all!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 20, 2016, 06:45:11 pm »

But this is all speculation outside of GW's hard-coded lore statement of "Emps is a man, the primarchs therefore were men, so the gene seed is incompatible with women".

Clearly incorrect, it's been clearly shown that Tomatus the Red was actually a big girl.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:57 pm »

Well... Nobody sulks like Magnus the passive-aggressive.
But that doesn't make him a girl.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 824