Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965477 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: If you read this, say fart!
« Reply #7665 on: November 30, 2016, 04:51:36 pm »

Well it makes sense.  chaos is the insidious force.  The empire is blunt, to the point, and their gains from taking the world are less than those of killing the heretics chaos.

Well... Imperium don't have magical resource powers... for the most part there are no resource gains from taking a world.

It is why they are so willing to just blow up their own worlds at the slightest provocation.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: November 30, 2016, 05:10:32 pm »

Well it makes sense.  chaos is the insidious force.  The empire is blunt, to the point, and their gains from taking the world are less than those of killing the heretics chaos.

Well... Imperium don't have magical resource powers... for the most part there are no resource gains from taking a world.

It is why they are so willing to just blow up their own worlds at the slightest provocation.

Labor, raw materials, promethium, exotics....

No, absolutely no resource gains for taking a world at all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What was up with the title?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K thread: I think Matt Ward was okay
« Reply #7668 on: November 30, 2016, 05:40:15 pm »

Nothing. You can change the subject yourself and if someone replies to you they use that subject too. The thread name is still the same.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Stop messing with the title, it's heresy!
« Reply #7669 on: November 30, 2016, 05:46:40 pm »

Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

The thread was far better under the tittle of Disorder Vacuum Seaman.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: November 30, 2016, 06:09:23 pm »

Labor, raw materials, promethium, exotics....

No, absolutely no resource gains for taking a world at all.

And how do you get these products? :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

By turning all the heretics into servitors?

why hasnt such an idea occured?

Masterbation doesnt make you blind or grow palms.  It makes you a servitor
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

By turning all the heretics into servitors?

why hasnt such an idea occured?

Masterbation doesnt make you blind or grow palms.  It makes you a servitor
The number of fucked up ideals this just gave me would either mark me for tech heresy, slaanesh heresy, or make me an imperial hero for making it so even masterbation helps improve the imperium work force!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Okay, okay, Forum Guidelines, please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Only in death do Kriegers speak English.
« Reply #7676 on: December 01, 2016, 02:01:13 am »

Forum guidelines?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

yea not really
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With 40k Beastmen getting models for the first time in about 20 years in the form of the new Tzaangors, I've been inspired to go back to an old project and work on my Beastmen 40k army.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far just got these two minotaurs done, but I have a list that emulates the WHF Beastmen as closely as I reasonably can using the Imperial Militia army from HH and am going to need over 40 Gors and 40 Bestigors, plus Shamans, more Minotaurs, some Beastlords and something to use as a transport. It may be a big project in the long run, but fortunately a lot of them will need minimal conversion work because I don't need to field them with any guns, just grenades and dual melee weapons.

The minotaurs above are going to be an Ogryn Brute Squad (which specifies in it's entry it represents a wide array of things, like Ogryn, servitors, mutants, wild animals and so on, Forge World rules are great for stuff like that.  :D) armed with power weapons and upgraded to T6 with carapace armour. These guys will be more durable than terminators and hit even harder than them. When paired with the guy I plan to use as a Doombull stand in (a Reaver Lord from the Blackshields HH army) they'll hit hard enough to one shot marine leaders with their axes and even their Hammer of Wrath hits will instakill guardsmen commanders.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Hmm, question for ya'll lore-freaks.
The Eldar have their won versions of chainswords, right? Does that mean that the human design is derived ultimately from the eldar, or that the Eldar actually thought it was a good enough idea to copy off the primitives, or that it's just such a damn good idea that they both came up with it separately?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 824