Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567401 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #1680 on: February 16, 2015, 02:35:55 am »

At the (doctor who) convention I went to this weekend, I get into an elevator en route to the con suite. There had to have been at least 12 people crammed in there, instantly hot and crowded. Elevator starts crawling upwards, and someone says "Well whadya know, it's smaller on the inside!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11:21 pm »

Ha.

What do you all do at all those conventions anyway? Talk about comics/Minecraft/Dr. Who?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 16, 2015, 07:47:14 pm »

If you're into cringe humour, RPS just released a pretty brutal review with Peter Molyneux concerning the failure of Godus, and what follows is an industry professional of thirty frick fracking years being a naive dunderhead about every step of game development.

watch Molyneux whine his little auteur-driven panties off

Fakeedit: omg the fact that it's an impromptu thing over the phone makes for some fucking great quotes

Peter Molyneux: I think he had had a temporary– He certainly came to the studio– Let me ask. [shouting in background] Konrad!

[in distance] Konrad: Yeah?

Peter Molyneux: When did you first come to 22cans?

Konrad: [inaudible]

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:49:56 pm by ggamer »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 16, 2015, 07:55:22 pm »

They were really rude to him in that piece.  It was very inappropriate to open with the question: "Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 16, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

For me, reading that was like watching a serial killer get in a grisly car crash. He deserved it, but Jesus Christ, is it horrible to watch.
Since PM is a developer of some of my favourite games (~the movies~), the serial killer is also your wedding planner.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:41 pm »

Ha.

What do you all do at all those conventions anyway? Talk about comics/Minecraft/Dr. Who?
Having only been to three (different) conventions in my life (this one being the only one I've gone to more than once), generally it's people talking about overall geek stuff and dressing up, panels with guest speakers talking about subjects related to the convention's focus (or sometimes just science), people hawking their wares, a great big cosplay contest, and having guests from whatever the thing is talk about stuff.

Also, alcohol-infused karaoke, the "con suite" which is full of snacks (and underappreciated volunteer staff), and trying to collect all the ribbons.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »

They were really rude to him in that piece.  It was very inappropriate to open with the question: "Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?"

Considering the fact that "The Fable Cycle" is now a thing in gaming vernacular that refers to promising far and above what you offer in a game, and then shitting on it after the marketing cycle is through, I think it's very deserved. This is pretty much the first interview where someone asked Molyneux real questions instead of letting him cry and restart the Fable cycle. Plus, as John references multiple times, he started the same cycle for Godus (with the bonus of recieving about a half million pounds on kickstarter with a promised seven months till a release (back in 2012)). This is an industry veteran of thirty years who's acting like every jane and john making a gosh golly kickstarter nowadays.

Basically, Molyneux has been doing this shit for decades, it's just that we can see it now instead of it being hidden behind publisher doors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 16, 2015, 08:53:35 pm »

the serial killer is also your wedding planner.
That reminds me of the college humour clip where GRRM is a wedding planner.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 17, 2015, 05:05:33 am »

I think Molyneux should get together with Tony Abbott. They'd make a great duo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 17, 2015, 08:54:04 am »

If you're into cringe humour, RPS just released a pretty brutal review with Peter Molyneux concerning the failure of Godus, and what follows is an industry professional of thirty frick fracking years being a naive dunderhead about every step of game development.

watch Molyneux whine his little auteur-driven panties off

Fakeedit: omg the fact that it's an impromptu thing over the phone makes for some fucking great quotes

Peter Molyneux: I think he had had a temporary– He certainly came to the studio– Let me ask. [shouting in background] Konrad!

[in distance] Konrad: Yeah?

Peter Molyneux: When did you first come to 22cans?

Konrad: [inaudible]

Best comment:
This is a digital interview. All journalism is of the highest quality. It depicts an image of a developer and a journalist. The journalist is standing over the developer. The developer is in a fetal position. It is circled with bands of dissemblance. It menaces with spikes of truth.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 17, 2015, 02:06:34 pm »

What did they say about the pharaoh who had his grooming tools buried with him?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 18, 2015, 08:42:06 am »

My cat just intensely stared at me while clawing a plastic bag apart, I don't know why but this was hilarious
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 18, 2015, 04:12:01 pm »

>Your a anti zany nazi
>You are*
>How

I love youtube comments
I'm with stupid |