Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562612 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9255 on: September 26, 2018, 12:40:24 pm »

I find it amusing how many non-americans assume we eat things like deep fried butter and deep fried weird things in general on a daily basis...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: September 26, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »

First of all, hooray a happy thread I had not yet found.

Second, I am from the Jersey Shore and you can buy deep-fried oreos there. You can buy deep-fried coca cola at the state fair here in Virginia. Do we eat these things on the regular? Absolutely not. Someone is eating them, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:59 pm »

State fairs are usually not a daily thing....

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: September 26, 2018, 02:13:21 pm »

I find it amusing how many non-americans assume we eat things like deep fried butter and deep fried weird things in general on a daily basis...

This. I eat more salad, homegrown vegetables, and fish than anything else. I happen to be on the low end of 'healthy' BMI.

But yeah, 'fat murricans'. I've never seen potato scallops served in the manner described, though I've had scalloped potatoes, which is slices of potato in a thin cheese sauce. Typically made with baked or boiled-in-the-sauce potatoes.

And blooming onions are an abomination against all the rules of nutrition. One from Outback Steakhouse is like 3000 calories or some crazy shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: September 26, 2018, 02:45:39 pm »

Yeah, I haven't been to Outback Steakhouse since I was in middle school.  Nothing on the menu looked at all appetizing.  All the fried food and steak was a complete departure from what I grew up eating.  I think I ended up with breaded shrimp or something.

I know this is the laugh thread, but America's a lot of distinct places, and most people in my area are usually of healthy weight.  The people who aren't get a lot of judgement for it, whether it's a lifestyle choice or simple biology.

Rechargeable Long Range Crashbeam:  "It took three years to make it, it takes one click to break it." - Heat Signature
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: September 26, 2018, 03:22:59 pm »

I know, right?

It's not like we're Scots.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: September 26, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »

And blooming onions are an abomination against all the rules of nutrition. One from Outback Steakhouse is like 3000 calories or some crazy shit.

It's weird, do people actually assume they're an Australian thing? Nothing in the menu for that place sounds like local food here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: September 26, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »

More than Outback has em' under a different name. Basically every steakhouse everywhere in the US knows how to make one.

Anyway those deep fried things are available all during summer on the NJ boardwalk. That said, it's not normal to eat those things.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: September 26, 2018, 03:57:38 pm »

People near the boardwalk fry everything, and are welcome to!  To live in the sand in the unending sun is such a bizarre experience, I say they should be granted every allowance, and in my experience they work it all off through hard labor, pulling a living out of the sea.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: September 26, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, eating your food out of the ocean at the Jersey Shore will only mutate 50% of your offspring.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: September 26, 2018, 08:38:55 pm »

I know, right?

It's not like we're Scots.

You fuckin’ what mate.

I did have a deep-fried chocolate bar once. It was tremendously underwhelming.

I mean how do you even know anyway, is it a Norwegian horror story or something? “those mad skirt wearing bastards actually want their food to taste of things!”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: September 27, 2018, 02:56:25 am »

Nah, went to Gretna Green once for a wedding. Never got around to having a fried Mars bar, but the fried duck and fried haggis were quite alright. My girlfriend had a Caesar salad, which was not fried, and it became eminently clear that only the fried things should be trusted.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: September 27, 2018, 07:29:12 am »

It's weird, do people actually assume they're an Australian thing? Nothing in the menu for that place sounds like local food here.

Nah the vast majority of people know it's a schlocky gimmick steakhouse pretending to serve Aussie adjacent cuisine. I think if you asked the average American what Aussies eat they'd say, "I dunno... White people food? Occasionally a kangaroo?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: September 27, 2018, 10:54:07 am »

Nah the vast majority of people know it's a schlocky gimmick steakhouse pretending to serve Aussie adjacent cuisine. I think if you asked the average American what Aussies eat they'd say, "I dunno... White people food? Occasionally a kangaroo?"
We eat koalas.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: September 27, 2018, 11:27:47 am »

I went to an Australian restaurant in Shanghai, once.
Had alligator wanton, Kangaroo pot pie and a steak.
Oh and there was Barramundi
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 879