Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171460 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2014, 02:38:10 pm »

Well, that seems to be not a scapegoat, at least. And apparently no lighteater, either.

"What about navigational aids? Most deserts aren't nice enough to provide landmarks, and from the sound of it, we're venturing into a particularly nasty one."

Ask Steve.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2014, 03:02:01 pm »

"Hrmmm. Think you could send me some translated versions of the myths and stories? Like you said, there could be some truth to them, and as time goes on, perhaps the more accurate ones will stand out as it develops, and we might be able to guess what comes next."

Continue with the Anti-Mindfuck barriers, and see if Steve can get me some translated myths about this thing, and a list of the most commonly mentioned powers or phenomenon related to it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2014, 03:03:36 pm »

Taddok starts to ask a question, but hears Gorat begin his and simply nods approvingly.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »

"So how far out is this pit exactly?"

Ask.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2014, 03:11:01 pm »

Are there any threats in the desert we should expect, aside from (obviously) the Eater and the heat? Natural phenomenon, wildlife, bandits, that sort of thing. What's out there?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2014, 03:42:38 pm »

"I have a Microwave amp. I suppose if we do have to heat it for whatever reason the desert sun can't handle, I could do it. Still, we should probably get this done." Jason comments, waiting to hear answers to the questions that the others asked.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2014, 05:05:32 pm »

Gorat looks at Jason.

"No amp use against the host or targeting anything near her. Unless we're at the point where we have to kill her, I guess. Surely we'll receive some kind of fuel to light some fires for the nights if necessary. Right?"

Ask Steve the latter.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »

Sambo says to the group at large, but mostly to the Chief:

"Yeah, no worries. It'll keep her nice and toasty. If weird shit starts happening, it won't take a moment to turn up the heat a few notches. Still reckon we should bring a few torches along with us for backup though. This backpack generator's bloody ancient. Torches are safer than lasers, but they're both a damn sight safer than an amp."

Sambo then says to Steve:
"You reckon they'll let us borrow these torches and whatever crap they've been putting in them? Borrow, as in, not give back. They've been doing the trick so far, and I wasn't really planning on being the group's bloody xeno chef full-time. A few spare of those ropes with the squiggles on them wouldn't go astray either. Actually, how the hell did she end up with this thing in her anyway? Going for a morning stroll in the desert around a meteor crater, or something a bit more fucken believable? Like, did she do anything, or just wake up thinking how quickly Summer came on this year?"

Sambo sets his laser rifle to high diffusion, low power, in a way that doesn't look like he's about to use it for shooting, just slow roasting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:45:31 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2014, 06:04:15 pm »

"We could put her in a mk1 suit and disable the heat fins. That would keep her warm. Probably."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2014, 06:08:14 pm »

"You gonna donate one? There's no fucking way I'm walking through the desert with Miss Hot-stuff here without my suit on. If the bloody thing wakes up, we don't really want an eldritch abomination having access to coms either, or looking like one of us. If I've got to shoot her, I damn well want to be sure it is her."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:11:12 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

Tek was conflicted.  Did they really have to kill this poor person to destroy the creature within her?  He resolved to keep an open mind as to alternative methods of dealing with the Eater, though he wasn't coming up with any workable ideas as of yet.

Tek asks a bunch more questions.  "Steve, would it be possible to contain this person using powerful gravity automanipulators and transport her for study?  Do we have any nearby on the ship?  It would be risky, but we could learn a lot more with the Eater alive than dead.  Perhaps we could transport her to the killing area, then wait there for delivery of the manipulators, but be ready to finish the ritual if we can no longer hold her?

Or, if we can get the manips pretty soon, we can continue to contain her here until we can transport her to the ship, and not risk awakening those fragments in the desert"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:29:58 pm by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:56 pm »

Taddok leans in close to Tek and speaks very quietly

"I don't know that I'd be so open with the non-killy parts of the mission, you never know who or what might be listening in. It'd be a bit like getting hired to drive a truckload of gold across town and asking where all the Cash4Gold stores are on the route, yeah? Float the question when we're out of the city."

((I like being paranoid))

Nunzillor

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:05 pm »

((Fair enough!))

Ack, Tek realized the man had a good point.  He had actually done similar things before, with tech instead of gold, and it generally didn't make the employers very happy.  He supposes that was probably why he got caught.  He said loudly into the comms, "Haha, Tek was just kidding about that!  It is a joke, you see?  Yes?  Let us kill this cowardly hiding thing dead!"

But whispered back over the external speakers, "Good point."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:52:06 pm by Nunzillor »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »

Suit coms to team only:

"It ain't so much alive or dead, who gives a shit about that? It's getting mind-raped the moment the damn thing moves too fast, gets too cold, gets shot in the head, or gets off the ground. Why do you think the boss is getting us to do this shit? It'd be bloody easy otherwise. Plus, we've got to try and talk to the poor bitch while we drag her across the desert. Actually, scrap that, not we. Me? I'll do the lasering from a safe distance. Some other poor prick can do the intel work."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:12:00 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2014, 08:56:21 pm »

"Is a heat gun going to be a help here? I brought one along from the last mission" Vincent then turns to Feyri "Mind passing it back?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89