Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170764 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

Tek, noticing a distinct lack of explosion, stops running.  He looks back and sees Morul, unharmed, next to the alien-possessed teammate.  He takes a few breaths, collects himself as best as he is able, and speaks into the comms.

"Uh... maybe that was a bit of an overreaction?  The Eater does not seem like it is about to explode or attack...  Tek suggests we give it five minutes and then keep the host hot and continue with the mission.

Check if it still passively understands and follows simple commands like 'forward' or 'follow' or 'stop scaring the shit out of us.'"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:24:08 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41:23 pm »

"Imma try something."

Mine out a chunk of land under Dern for transport. It's worked for other anomalies.
Stop if I get burned, or if Dern reacts negatively, or if teammates seem angry.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:47:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2014, 02:27:54 pm »

Watch the area around me. Have a smoke. Be chill.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:49:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2014, 02:32:13 pm »

"I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, do you see how hot it is? You'll fry, even through the suit. I say we keep an eye on it, and wait until either it changes, or morning comes. Everyone just keep a look out for anything else that might stop by and say hello. Assume anything approaching us is hostile, but wait for a visual just to make sure it's not human. The locals should all be to scared to come see what we're doing, but there could be a really thick one out there."

Guard the Host, and make sure nobody gets too close to it. Don't get any closer to it myself.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2014, 03:16:19 pm »

"Stay vigilant. Apparently this whole ordeal increased the heat of... of the host, so don't take its calm for granted. If the host still follows, then all the better. If not, we need to figure out what to do next."

Retain Exo bonus?

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »

"Imma try something."

Mine out a chunk of land under Dern for transport. It's worked for other anomalies.
Stop if I get burned, or if Dern reacts negatively, or if teammates seem angry.

Oppose.

Tend to the fires. Make sure our laser heatray people are on task and on Derm.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2014, 06:02:29 pm »

"Guys, I don't know if heat is going to work anymore. We certainly can't heat it more than it is currently heating itself at this point"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:45 pm »

"Guys, I don't know if heat is going to work anymore. We certainly can't heat it more than it is currently heating itself at this point"
Might be true, but what else can we do?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »

"We're just watching it now? Fantastic, since I suggested that like ten minutes ago."

Maintain exo bonus.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2014, 07:50:53 pm »

"Host has a new person now so we can still deal with it"
Quote from: @Morul
Hey I think that is a new host we should keep it warm
due to lack of explosions approach warily then build a chemical fire large enough to last until morning, then wait until morning
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 25, 2014, 08:10:32 pm »

I'm scouting ahead. It's better than standing here doing nothing.

Scout ahead. Make sure the path ahead is safe. Look for anything interesting.
Keep my number gun at the ready and charge a con bonus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »

Tek tries to get some sleep until morning.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »

"I'll lend my heat gun to anyone who wants to get close, but I'd like to wait a bit longer before I assume it's safe to be close enough to heat that thing again"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 26, 2014, 12:07:02 am »

Quote from: Corsairs dude
Really? You think this is a new host? Why, I think you're right! Of course it's a new host. And, seriously, I think it's doing a great job of heating itself, but you know, maybe I'm not the best judge of that.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2014, 01:09:43 am »

Sambo keeps watch for any hostile activity, and readies his laser rifle again in place of his gauss rifle. He lowers the diffusion on it a notch, ups the power a notch, and keeps his distance from the Eater (60% power, high/medium diffusion).

"If any scary shit happens before dawn, I'll keep Dern heated up with me laser. I've cranked this thing up a bit, so stay out of the sodding way. It might not do much to to toasty-boy here, but it'll make your pubes a fuckload curlier if you catch a decent blast of it. I don't know if this hunk of junk generator can keep going at that spec, but it might give us a bit of 'run-like-fuck' time.

Anyone notice that this damn thing keeps getting hotter each time it jumps into some other poor bastard? Wonder if more heat's the answer or less? Fuck it, more is always better."
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:20:38 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89