Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171497 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #675 on: December 15, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »

(How's this idea sound, people?)

Look into fashioning some sort of cart or sling to help move this giant man-shaped hunk of glass around. Failing that, get with a couple others and start moving this damn alien piece of crap towards our destination.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #676 on: December 15, 2014, 07:43:23 pm »

((Well, that's what I get for not striking out actions I suppose.  Went well all the same at least-- interesting that the MFM can be used in this way.))

(How's this idea sound, people?)

Look into fashioning some sort of cart or sling to help move this giant man-shaped hunk of glass around. Failing that, get with a couple others and start moving this damn alien piece of crap towards our destination.

((Makes sense to me.  Someone also mentioned making the glass chunk cylindrical so that it can be rolled, which might be neat if someone wants to do that.))

Assist with creation of cart (or failing that, a sling) assuming we have the supplies. of a sled completely out of gaffer tape and some riot shields!Otherwise... push.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:44:36 am by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:41 pm »

"Chief, Han, get the hell out of here!"

Rocket out of the tunnels. Grab Chief and Han as I escape.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »

Get out as fast as I can, accept help if offered.

"Let's get out of here!"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 15, 2014, 10:01:21 pm »

Help with the creation of a cart
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2014, 10:21:14 pm »

((Don't know that we have cart materials, but a man can dream. Rigging up some manner of sling...is sling the right word? Kinda like a cloth or tarp that we can use to drag the thing around?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2014, 11:08:45 pm »

((Make a sled. Those work pretty well on sand. Yous have two riot shields and some duct tape.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2014, 11:51:39 pm »

((Correction. I have Space-gaffer-tape. Like gaffer-tape, only stronger, more heat-resistant and better in every single way.))

"Oi, Tek ya bastard? Yah want me to keep lasering this bloody thing to smooth it on down, or you just want to brain-fart at it to do it? I reckon we just rig it to move and I'll keep the glass hot as hell on the way there. It'll be like a giant-lumpy-glass-alien-butt-plug, but I'm not the poor cunt hauling it to the hole."

Chuck space-gaffer-tape to whoever is rigging this thing for hauling. Turn laser rifle down to 40%/medium-wide dispersion, start heating alien butt-plug with bonus Eater inside. Spread the heat around so the glass doesn't crack. Don't shoot people, just the glass "object of interest". Wait unit they've finished rigging it properly first. Then heat it at 40%. Once it's warm, heat it at 60%. Then heat it at 80%. Stop and kick down the laser rifle settings a notch and continue if space-gaffer-tape rigging starts getting broken/melting, or glass starts cracking. Essentially, make Eater-glass-cylinder hot, vaguely safely.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:20:02 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 16, 2014, 12:18:46 am »

Walk back to the group, and stand guard over the people constructing the sled. Keep an eye on the horizon, and charge an exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #684 on: December 16, 2014, 12:26:19 am »

((Correction. I have Space-gaffer-tape. Like gaffer-tape, only stronger, more heat-resistant and better in every single way.))

"Oi, Tek ya bastard? Yah want me to keep lasering this bloody thing to smooth it on down, or you just want to brain-fart at it to do it? I reckon we just rig it to move and I'll keep the glass hot as hell on the way there. It'll be like a giant-lumpy-glass-alien-butt-plug, but I'm not the poor cunt hauling it to the hole."

"Tek thinks that it may not be necessary to smooth it down if we are successful in the creation of a sled.  Because there is always a chance for horrible catastrophe, it may be best to do the bare minimum in getting the 'giant-lumpy-glass-alien-butt-plug' ready for transport, and it seems to be transportable enough already as it is (again assuming that we can create the means of transport).  Actually we don't really need to roll it if we get the sled ready.

Tek agrees that it makes a lot of sense to keep it hot (to a safe temperature).  He suspects that our problems this mission have largely been related to a lack of heat."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:48:18 am by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 16, 2014, 12:26:29 am »

Assist with creation of sled for eater and/or assist with pushing of eater
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 16, 2014, 12:37:46 am »

To the team members in the tunnels.

"Hey, grotty little tunnel monkeys? How are you fucks going down there? We're sweet as up here now. Got the damn thing in glass. We'll start hauling it away in a sec. We've got the prick. So stop fucking around and meet up.
Don'kno. Seems pretty fucking inert from where I'm standing. I'm going to laser the fuck out of it to be sure.
So what's taking ya's?"
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:50 am »

"Eater tunnels seem volatile. Noted."

Get out of there at a decent clip back to our access point. Have the skeleton guy pull us out of the hole if Dubley's not there yet. Try not to get punched in half if Dubley tries to catch me in the tunnels. In fact, if I see him rocketing at me at an unsafe speed, try to dodge.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:53:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 16, 2014, 10:54:20 am »

"You guys try building that sled. That's a good idea. Just make sure that, unlike me, you're good at that handiwork thing."

Stand guard.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #689 on: December 16, 2014, 11:48:02 am »

Assist with whatever means of Eater transport that is being made. Make notes first.

((How transparent is the glass, btw?))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 89