Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171429 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2014, 04:30:09 pm »

help pull sled with magnificent muscels
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »

Assist with whatever means of Eater transport that is being made. Make notes first.

((How transparent is the glass, btw?))
(Not very, its sort of a smokey gray color. You can see the eater but not very clearly. Good thing this thing doesn't need to breathe, apparently)

((I was just thinking that if we managed to get the eater upright and lit a lamp or fire underneath it, it would look terrifying awesome.))

Assist with sled pulling when necessary.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #707 on: December 22, 2014, 07:00:33 pm »

Solid work, people! Let's get this thing moving!

Load the sled, and get a crew together to continue moving this thing towards our destination. If we've got the manpower, set up two different crews to pull it, so that one may rest while the other hauls the load.
Pull the sled! Hnnnnnnngg-!
"That went surprisingly well."
Onwards to the next marker.

Participate in first pull shift "When in Neo-Rome I guess"
Great, manual labor.  Tek was bursting with enthusiasm.

Pull sled.  How are we doing on daylight?
"I guess I'm pulling the sled now."

Pull the sled if there's room and keep an eye on the eater.
"Fuck you lot, I'm not pulling shit. I'm keeping this fucking thing hot, as per the fucking instructions. Start moving cunts, I'm a fucken good aim."

Follow behind my "occaisionally paid workers" (ie:slaves/ARM team personnel) with me firing my laser rifle on 40%/medium-high dispersion at the glass cylinder on the sled in bursts, to keep it hot. Stop firing for a bit if the gaffer-tape starts melting. Occasionally say "Pull, bitches", "Whiiitchaaa!", or click my fingers when I think it's appropriate. Occasionally point in the direction of travel or at my groin between laser bursts, whilst saying above phrases.

"Hrmm. That actually worked. Impressive."

Guard the sled as it moves, keeping watch on the horizon for movement.
help pull sled with magnificent muscels
Assist with whatever means of Eater transport that is being made. Make notes first.

((How transparent is the glass, btw?))
(Not very, its sort of a smokey gray color. You can see the eater but not very clearly. Good thing this thing doesn't need to breathe, apparently)

((I was just thinking that if we managed to get the eater upright and lit a lamp or fire underneath it, it would look terrifying awesome.))

Assist with sled pulling when necessary.

With everyone working together to pull or heat the block, the transport of the eater actually goes quite well. It's more tiring then just walking, but with six or so people working together, it's far from grueling.

You make it to the next marker by about 11 in the morning. This next marker is odd; it's like the others but the ground around it has sunken in, as though there's a sink hole or empty pocket under the sand. The sloped sand reveals that there are more pillars buried down under the larger "marker" pillar. This is quite clearly a building, sunken beneath the sands.

>AWAY TEAM

You guys head back for the main team, but they've kept moving for a long time, so even at a decent clip you're gonna have a hard time catching up.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 22, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »

My vote is that the bulk of us keep moving, and leave one (maybe two?) people behind to investigate for a couple of hours while the rest of us trudge on. Since we'll undoubtedly be slower than them while we're hauling this giant glass piece of junk across the sands, I'd imagine the ones we leave behind can hustle and catch up with the main group before nightfall if they don't stay longer than a couple of hours.

And there might be some lost knowledge hidden in the sands. While I don't think it's worth stopping the whole caravan or losing anyone for the night, the chance is worth a couple of men for a couple of hours during the day.

Opinions?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #709 on: December 22, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »

((My guy would be happy to stay.  Assistance would be awesome as long as we don't spread ourselves too thin.  Perhaps the other diggers can help Tek when they catch up.))

Tek was fascinated by the sunken building.  There was undoubtedly interesting tech and cultural fragments buried just under the sand!  His curiosity was too much: he would have to stay and excavate.

"Tek will stay here and attempt to uncover a portion of this building.  Does anyone want to help?  He requests some gaffer tape."

If gaffer tape is provided, create a shovel using that and begin digging close to the building, attempting to uncover a doorway or window.  Using the MFM, create walls of glass as thinly and safely as possible (while still functional) to hold back the sand.  If the small glass barriers are insufficient, anchor them with tape or replace them with tape entirely. 

If Tek ever feels the calculations getting too much for him, he will stop and rest before continuing EDIT: or switch over to tape completely if it is simply too dangerous.

Edit 12/30: to clarify, the goal here is not to excavate the whole building.  Rather, it is to find a window where a room can be accessed and dug out, or to find inscriptions on the exterior of the building.

Lastly, Tek pings Steve for a status update.  If the AI is aware of the group's location relative to the pit of Eater-killing, can it list our progress as a percentage?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:01:25 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 22, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »

Go faster.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #711 on: December 23, 2014, 12:57:22 am »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 23, 2014, 12:59:22 am »

Go faster.
Follow Dubley. Hope we don't encounter any boxes on our way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 23, 2014, 01:54:29 am »

Onward to the other team! See if we can't stop by the cold, shadowy building on the way... if it's still there, of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 23, 2014, 04:39:44 am »

((Bad net precluded any progress here lately :-X))

((Bwuhh, net died for days ._. I'm lost as to my bearings.))

Um...stand guard and assist the group: ask what I could do?

"Huh?  Oh hello.  Tek thinks someone said your name was Feyri?  Tek is Tek.  Right now we are attempting to create a sled.  You could certainly assist us with that if you like.

Hey, are you feeling alright?  You seem to be in a fugue-like state much of the time."

Assist in sled creation.
Or...assist in other needs of the team!

Just disoriented, is all. Very disoriented. Will explain later on.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:15 am »

"Tek can stay here. I'd like another volunteer to stay behind, but we're getting kind of strapped for manpower, so no more than Tek and a second. With any luck, Team Chief can rendezvous with you here soon enough."
Onwards to the next marker. Help pulling the sled as necessary.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 23, 2014, 01:52:43 pm »

PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:36 pm »

"I'd rather not split off from the groupContinue assisting group to pull the eater
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 23, 2014, 07:13:22 pm »

Pull pull pull the sled...

Quote from: Nunzillor
If the AI is aware of the group's location relative to the pit of Eater-killing, can it list our progress as a percentage?
And repeated this one to make sure it's noticed.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 23, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

Help haul/guard that sled. Ponder the possibility of borrowing Space Santa's magical Space Sled for a little. Reject idea because it would clearly put us over the speed limit for the Eater.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89