Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 447088 times)

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1500 on: April 15, 2019, 08:06:03 pm »

If you discover the underground caves in Adventurer mode, then retire and start a fortress, the fortress will grow subterranean plants as if a passage to the underground had already been opened on that map.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 18, 2019, 12:46:28 am »

Either it is a bug or thieves steal goblin body parts.
Maybe I expelled some dwarves while they were dumping goblin parts when I saw the messages.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 18, 2019, 01:17:17 am »

I have discovered, or rather confirmed a suspicion I had, dunno if it was before, that the negative vengeful thought, stacks per ally involved in a given fight - be it against enemies or wildlife. If you have 10 dwarves and three dogs in a fight against an enemy, they get hit with 12 strength 4 (fairly strong, but not "horrified" level strong) negative thoughts that can send someone from perfectly content to tantrumming in an instant, made worse if it keeps happening (such as by buzzards making repeated attempts on a trade depot, causing everyone in view of the birds when they interrupt someone to get hammered per other dwarf or livestock nearby that can also see the birds.)

I found this out when a bunch of buzzards attacked my depot and I suddenly had three haggard dwarves despite them not being the ones attacked (the one who got attacked was a kid who proceeded to break one's neck and slam another into a roof so hard by its wing that it's lower body split in half,) and them floating at 0 + or - 1-200 stress for several years.

I can also confirm dwarf children are bloodthirsty psychos who will relentlessly try to kill anything and everything not belonging to thier home that shows even the slightest ill intent - from werebeasts that tower over adult dwarves, to harmless buzzards, to giant badgers that rage and go for them, to invaders.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 18, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »

I have discovered, or rather confirmed a suspicion I had, dunno if it was before, that the negative vengeful thought, stacks per ally involved in a given fight - be it against enemies or wildlife. If you have 10 dwarves and three dogs in a fight against an enemy, they get hit with 12 strength 4 (fairly strong, but not "horrified" level strong) negative thoughts that can send someone from perfectly content to tantrumming in an instant, made worse if it keeps happening (such as by buzzards making repeated attempts on a trade depot, causing everyone in view of the birds when they interrupt someone to get hammered per other dwarf or livestock nearby that can also see the birds.)

I found this out when a bunch of buzzards attacked my depot and I suddenly had three haggard dwarves despite them not being the ones attacked (the one who got attacked was a kid who proceeded to break one's neck and slam another into a roof so hard by its wing that it's lower body split in half,) and them floating at 0 + or - 1-200 stress for several years.

I can also confirm dwarf children are bloodthirsty psychos who will relentlessly try to kill anything and everything not belonging to thier home that shows even the slightest ill intent - from werebeasts that tower over adult dwarves, to harmless buzzards, to giant badgers that rage and go for them, to invaders.
I've had babies killing cave crocodiles like it ain't no thing.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 18, 2019, 07:33:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a goblin siege.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 07:39:18 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 19, 2019, 01:49:28 am »

It's a goblin siege.

Horrible! You won't get any goblinite at all!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 pm »

It's a goblin siege.

Horrible! You won't get any goblinite at all!
Actually, if it is a gobin siege, you don't need literal goblins to get goblinite. But, elves in iron, oh, that's a scary thought. Hope none of them have decent skills.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 19, 2019, 06:56:13 pm »

I had a vile force of darkness with only dwarves now too. Maybe it has something to do with the goblins hilllocks to the east.
In a time before time, I had a name.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 20, 2019, 09:01:54 am »

The site I occupied? I looked at it recently.
More than 3000 gobbos?!?
Apparently I did a Moria.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 22, 2019, 09:15:07 pm »

Severed parts can go in any direction. Alright. They can also go straight up!
And then get stuck there giving your dwarves horrifying thoughts for over two years while you look puzzled for things on the ground, give up on it, find the problem again, get mad and go check the stocks page for corpses, find nothing, get madder, search more, give up again, find another dwarf with the same thought, finally think of going through the body parts locker, spend twenty minutes going trough all the dismembered bodies in the bottom of the refuse pit, all the creepy crawler nails a forgotten beast left behind, finally find a right paw from a werepanther that came back in 126 and ended up in the branches of a tree two z-levels above.

So many therapy sessions...
In a time before time, I had a name.

blokmuscle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 23, 2019, 08:11:56 am »

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 24, 2019, 09:12:11 pm »

"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

blokmuscle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 27, 2019, 02:24:59 am »

<sniff>That's poetry, man.

The more I read it, the more I laughed and started reading it like serious poetry.  Good fun my man!

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 27, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »

Expelling a dwarf when they are hauling something may cause the message "a thief has stolen a xxx" to appear.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 27, 2019, 08:10:39 pm »

Expelling a dwarf when they are hauling something may cause the message "a thief has stolen a xxx" to appear.
I wonder what happens if we steal an artifact, then have it sent to another site.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 148