Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 131515 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #1066 on: December 21, 2018, 07:19:47 pm »

RDR2 and Fallout 4
... So New Vegas.

New Vegas except with higher production qualities and a dumber plot~
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 21, 2018, 07:48:26 pm »

Darkness Not Included: A surprisingly cheerful romp through an uninhabited region where nothing really tries to kill you, but you're liable to starve to death or die from something you could have avoided if you were being more conservative or had a prioi knowledge. It also features top-notch narration whenever you screw up, but not when anything goes right because, face it, nothing ever does. Towards endgame, you'll start feeling increasing pressure from early errors snowballing into massive issues that threaten to destroy the world. Things are still decidedly bright and cheerful though.

Alternatively: I really like the name Dungeon Not Included, for a dungeon-builder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 23, 2018, 03:02:42 am »

King's Quest 6, Romancing the Throne-- Set in fallout 4's post apocalypse.

Admittedly, this would probably be hilariously funny.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 26, 2018, 03:07:10 am »

Stardew Valley and Hearts of Iron 4

.. hmm, Well, I think a slice-of-life game about a farmer in a small town during WW2 would be the more interesting option.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 26, 2018, 12:35:54 pm »

.. hmm, Well, I think a slice-of-life game about a farmer in a small town during WW2 would be the more interesting option.
What, are you not watering your Nazis every morning? Remember to give a preferred gift to Poland on Friday; it's their birthday.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 26, 2018, 12:39:27 pm »

I would play this game. But I imagine the difficulty level would look something like:
EASY- America
MEDIUM-England
INSANE-Eastern European country here.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 26, 2018, 12:47:56 pm »

I would play this game. But I imagine the difficulty level would look something like:
EASY- America
MEDIUM-England
INSANE-Eastern European country here.
IRONMAN-Japan

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 26, 2018, 05:23:16 pm »

Portal 2 and Digital: A Love Story.

While surfing the ARPANET in your new Relaxation Pod, you fall in love with a poetic *Companion Cube, who dies a bit later when something starts crashing all the cores/AI. You get stuck for an hour, but proceed quickly after finding out you needed to reply to three inconspicuous messages three days ago.
After getting access to the Turret Factory and Neurotoxin Generator using illegal codez, you get to *GLaDOS's chamber and find out that she is what has been killing all the AI. You accelerate your *Aperture Science Weighted Significant Other Cube to terminal velocity using two portals, and fling it at *GLaDOS, killing both of them. A few moments later, the screen fades to blue, and a few of Rattman's scrawlings appear in a window, immortalizing the incident, while *GLaDOS hums "I Have Seen The Future And It Doesn't Work."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 27, 2018, 12:30:54 am »

Princess Maker 2 Refine + Final Fantasy 5

It seems it would be essentially Princess Maker 2, only with the story of Final Fantasy 5 as a backdrop: raise your ten-year-old kid, manage things like her stress and sin to keep them from going out of control, and teach her different skills and stats, except now you need to eventually send her off after eight years to save the world or what's left of it after the plot gets through with it.  She can do this directly through combat/magic skills, indirectly through her strong social skills to bring a team of worthy heroes together, or perhaps through novel applications of even more unexpected skills like Art or Cleaning.  Do poorly and she can't finish the job, or she wins but can't adapt to the newfound peace.  Do well and she saves the world and becomes a Queen Regnant.  Do really well really poorly and she replaces the world-spanning threat as a new world conquerer.  Jolly fun times for all.

Oh, and you can kick the War God in the shin as yet another bonus boss.

And if this sounds a bit like Long Live The Queen, you're not alone in thinking that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:36:10 am by Culise »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 31, 2018, 10:00:49 am »

Kingdom from the depths.

The battle ship Henry struggles with the bandit and cuman fleet.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 13, 2019, 01:55:07 am »

Black Ice /Stardew valley

forced from the jojacorp arcology, you move onto your grandfather's old farm to get your life back together.  But, perhaps the neighbors have a few.. "computer problems" they'd be willing to discuss with someone they trust. and, of course with a good partner minding your meatframe a decker can stay on the mesh far longer that they can working alone
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 13, 2019, 02:11:33 am »

Stellaris/Pokemon (Crystal Clear)
Blorg Xenophilic Militarists - Gotta catch them all.
Dammit Eusine...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 13, 2019, 03:46:45 am »

FarCry 5 + Surviving Mars

Because drunken redneck cultists with guns were never quite as much fun without a hole in the dome meaning death for everyone!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 13, 2019, 05:25:31 am »

Blacksite: Area 51 & Dead Island: Riptide
A somewhat poorly made and buggy game about fighting aliens and zombies on an island with guns and melee.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82