Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845586 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #6000 on: October 29, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »

Hmm. This bestiary reference I'm using seems to have listed the Stench Kow's stink aura DC as being 26. I'm not sure how that happened.

That's definitely not the kind of DC you'd expect to see on a CR 1/4 beastie...

I think I found your source, and all of that data appears to have been entered by hand.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: October 29, 2018, 03:45:03 pm »

[xkcd /]

Realizing that DnD has fairly accurate, small velociraptors and remembering that XKCD makes me suddenly really want to run a campaign about dinosaurs. Dammit brain, I already have too many roleplaying concepts to choose between!

It better feature dino riding. Throw out the rules from whichever supplement adds dino races. Create your own, including people riding velociraptors around like minibikes.

Dinosaurs seem to be a part of the regular monster manual in 5e, actually. Some of them in the "generic wildlife and such" section.

EDIT: Okay, looking at the book I was wrong about them being generic wildlife, but there are six dinosaurs in the manual. All big ones, so not velociraptors. Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Pteranodon, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus.
Volo's Guide to Monster includes about 6 more, including the Stegosaurus, Deinonycus, and Velociraptors.

One of the 5e official campaigns has dino racing, don't know if it has dino riding though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: October 29, 2018, 04:13:29 pm »

It's funny, speaking of velociducktors: Ankylosaurus basically means "duckylosaurus" in Swedish
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: October 29, 2018, 04:21:43 pm »

Hmm. This bestiary reference I'm using seems to have listed the Stench Kow's stink aura DC as being 26. I'm not sure how that happened.

I think I found your source, and all of that data appears to have been entered by hand.
That would certainly explain how the Hulking Crab's multiattack lets it use its tentacle attack three times as an aboleth, and how when it's hiding in its shell you need to pass an intelligence (Nature) check in order to discren[sic] its true nature.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: October 29, 2018, 04:25:38 pm »

You haven't dumped your discren skill right? Discrening is one of the most important abilities of an adventurer.
Love, scriver~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: October 29, 2018, 05:11:54 pm »

One of the 5e official campaigns has dino racing, don't know if it has dino riding though.
Yup, that's Tomb of Annihilation, though it's gambling rather than your character as jockeys. Our DM promised that if we finish the quest successfully, he'll homebrew rules so that we can race ourselves. He did. I could ask him for them, if you're interested?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: October 29, 2018, 05:26:16 pm »

You haven't dumped your discren skill right? Discrening is one of the most important abilities of an adventurer.
It is! It can even give you a situational bonus to your intit- your invititive... initiv- the intert-... Fuck it.

Curses, what is this confounded appeal of grapplers? I need to play a proper character instead of immediately hop on the hipster options.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: October 29, 2018, 05:41:56 pm »

that would be a gripster thank you
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: October 29, 2018, 05:53:17 pm »

that would be a gripster thank you
I am undone.

Pundone, rather.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: October 29, 2018, 06:29:51 pm »

I am become Jest, destroyer of words!
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: October 29, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »

Yup, that's Tomb of Annihilation, though it's gambling rather than your character as jockeys. Our DM promised that if we finish the quest successfully, he'll homebrew rules so that we can race ourselves. He did. I could ask him for them, if you're interested?
I was more responding to one of the other guys who was asking about that. I imagine it involves Animal Handling though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: October 29, 2018, 07:06:20 pm »

That would certainly explain how the Hulking Crab's multiattack lets it use its tentacle attack three times as an aboleth, and how when it's hiding in its shell you need to pass an intelligence (Nature) check in order to discren[sic] its true nature.
Honestly, that sounds like a pretty cool monster: A huge crab that can disguise itself as a rock or whatever when it goes in it's shell and also has tentacles for some reason.

Actually, when I first read that, I misread it as you needing to do a check to notice it's tentacles, which gave me the idea for a creature, possiby humanoid, that has hidden tentacles, and I'm thinking you need to make a check to notice them, otherwise it gets advantage or something, but making the check puts you at risk for going temporarily insane.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: October 29, 2018, 09:00:19 pm »

Curses, what is this confounded appeal of grapplers? I need to play a proper character instead of immediately hop on the hipster options.

You can immobilize two creatures, knock them over so that they get disadvantage to hit in melee and allies get advantage to hit them. If something is both grappled and prone, they can't stand up from prone because being grappled makes their movement 0. You can drag people to cliffs and throw them off.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: October 29, 2018, 11:21:49 pm »

Every game needs dino racing, so I'd certainly be interested.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: October 30, 2018, 02:11:07 am »

Just so you know... Theoretically, chicken racing satisfies that requirement.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 623