Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679346 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2175 on: May 15, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »

That would explain why my free thinking Republic with a dozen different species ended up with so many neutral pops...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 15, 2016, 04:14:42 pm »

Can one change government btw?

Yes - in the main Empire/Government tab, you can click the government type symbol to change government (at least, the game tells me I can in my game...I haven't tried it yet).

I don't think you can change ethics in-game though, only in-builder.  :(  Once you've started a game as peaceful xenophiles, you're playing the whole game as them.  I think.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 15, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

Can one change government btw?

Yes - in the main Empire/Government tab, you can click the government type symbol to change government (at least, the game tells me I can in my game...I haven't tried it yet).

I don't think you can change ethics in-game though, only in-builder.  :(  Once you've started a game as peaceful xenophiles, you're playing the whole game as them.  I think.

It works fine, it actually works pretty well with long species since you can use it be a little gamey at the cost of possible causing a civil war if you die heirless since it deletes your current heir.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 15, 2016, 04:43:07 pm »

war point system is a little silly, war points should be part of the post war negotiation, not arbitrary goals to set a priory, also points to get stuff should be dynamic from what happened, like you get a planet which has been verified with bombs it should cost next to nothing victory point, but another deep in enemy territory surrounded by the enemy fleet shouldn't

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 15, 2016, 04:59:20 pm »

Genemodded rapid breeding for unhappyness creating xenophobe avian pop from primitive planet, then filled some useless planet with them, arranged visa for those little asshole rapid breeding owls genetically modified to be even more assholes, and let them populate hostile empires, now they riot everywhere and create their own asshole little states.

Subtle, but nasty.  I like it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2180 on: May 15, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »

Huh, so I encountered some space nomads - a large fleet traveling through my planets (well, large in relative terms, they posed zero military threat to me), and when they hailed me they revealed themselves to be a nomadic species. After giving a warning on how species like mine (who settled on worlds instead of traveling space) have not lasted as long as they, they disappeared - not before giving me the comlinks of nearly the entire galaxy. Nice space nomads :D

Now that's got me thinking though, space nomad DLC when? It'd pretty much just need CK2s nomad mechanics, but in space

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 15, 2016, 06:18:46 pm »

My newest game is first time I got into genetic stuffs. Pretty cool. Still fairly early game, but some of the pops on my super research world ( which has TWO separate -habitability but +research effects!) went trans-tentacleface to be more adaptive.
This is pretty cool, because despite the early conflicts, I now have a bunch of adaptive dudes I can switch the preference of to colonize errywhere. Already have four new planets lined up with slightly better then perfect habitability.
Only real downside is they lost the super research-y traits from my main species, but that's fine long as I can keep expanding.
Also modded my super scientistic main species to be extra long lived. Should keep my scientists from dropping like flies and save me some influence.

Also since my main species has the weak trait but the new one doesn't I'll eventually mod them to be my shock troops :3
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 15, 2016, 06:32:07 pm »

Is having a few, big ships better than having lots of smaller ships?  Just wondering, cause I don't want to end up on my ass when I try a "purge the galaxy of xenos" game.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 15, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »

depends on what weapons you give them...you need at least a few small ships to absorb blows during the initial clash of combat.

That being said the current "min/max" strategy is just spamming ridiculous amounts of corvettes due to them having absurdly high evade at high technology levels which makes them a bit tough to kill.

I tend to do fine with a few ships of all classes in my fleet

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 15, 2016, 06:55:10 pm »

Some have claimed to have had success with swarms of corvettes. Personally I like the battleships because they get the special slot for stuff that effects entire fleets. Also the game seems to consider larger weapon slots to do more dps, though its hard to tell if its accurate or not. One thing I know is larger weapons are apparently easier to dodge, so apparently smaller ones are better against small ship swarms. Or at least that's what they said in the Blorg stream.

There's a lot of factors to combat, and its still early for people to have discovered the really OP builds and such.

Oh yeah, as mentioned by others small ships always enter combat first while bigger ones hang back, so if you mix and match you probably want the big ships to have good range.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:57:25 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2185 on: May 15, 2016, 07:22:11 pm »

I use large torpedoes because they're 100% accurate. If you have enough even dedicated PD can't keep up.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 15, 2016, 07:50:47 pm »

I use large torpedoes because they're 100% accurate. If you have enough even dedicated PD can't keep up.
Corvettes with 1 medium main gun and 1 point defense, tends to deal with most things pretty well. At least when the point defense doesn't bug out randomly after 2 hours of play.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 15, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »

I tend to split my ships between a good balance of slots, with the 'core' having the heaviest and the rear/front having a split between M/S. For example, a Cruiser's mid section will have the L slots, and the front will have a few M slots and a few S and the rear section will mirror that.

My favorite weapons so far are good old fashioned lasers with auto-cannons just cuz dakka. I find Torpedoes fire too slowly for me, I want all my ships opening up with a hail of gunfire.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 15, 2016, 08:15:32 pm »

Genemodded rapid breeding for unhappyness creating xenophobe avian pop from primitive planet, then filled some useless planet with them, arranged visa for those little asshole rapid breeding owls genetically modified to be even more assholes, and let them populate hostile empires, now they riot everywhere and create their own asshole little states.

I had thought about trying something like that, and it's good to see that the pop mechanics can be used to cause dissent like that. Gotta give this a go my next run-through.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 15, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »

Huh, so I encountered some space nomads - a large fleet traveling through my planets (well, large in relative terms, they posed zero military threat to me), and when they hailed me they revealed themselves to be a nomadic species. After giving a warning on how species like mine (who settled on worlds instead of traveling space) have not lasted as long as they, they disappeared - not before giving me the comlinks of nearly the entire galaxy. Nice space nomads :D

Now that's got me thinking though, space nomad DLC when? It'd pretty much just need CK2s nomad mechanics, but in space

After speaking with the Space Nomads, I've been getting the comm signals of far-off space empires that "overheard me talking to someone else" or "received my comm signal from a mutual friend".  I suspect the Space Nomads have been spreading my good name.

...Which come to think of it, the Space Nomads would probably be the ideal Federation Builder, if they were a more formal empire.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 632