Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008043 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9045 on: November 22, 2018, 02:58:19 am »

I will not be fooled. That delicate bulb will undoubtedly split open like a corpse lotus and vomit forth a beam of moon-destroying power. Not today, aliens, I'm on to you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: November 22, 2018, 05:40:55 am »

Remind me to post something about buildings later today
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: November 22, 2018, 05:46:48 am »

Remind me to post something about buildings later today
Post something about buildings later today
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: November 22, 2018, 05:50:28 am »

This is so sad... Alexa, remind me to post something about buildings later today.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: November 22, 2018, 07:28:39 am »

We don't have money for building a proper road along the southen corridor (Exeter to Southampton, at least), but we can fund a useless piece of sky-cock in London the life-sucker? When can we cut London off and kick it into Holland?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: November 22, 2018, 08:14:17 am »

Well I can't find any good text sources (everything is paylocked) but what I wanted to say is that a guy in Swedish town of Växjö wanted to build two buildings shaped like this and architecture-Sweden went nuts because of the pure gall of not building postmodernist box houses, because architects are awful shells of human beings devoid of any sense of beauty, creativity, or aesthetics.

Luckily, despite the protest of basically everyone in the business, but to the joy of everyone who appreciates buildings, he was given building permit by the state.

But architects still suck.
Love, scriver~

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: November 22, 2018, 08:23:17 am »

Well I can't find any good text sources (everything is paylocked) but what I wanted to say is that a guy in Swedish town of Växjö wanted to build two buildings shaped like this and architecture-Sweden went nuts because of the pure gall of not building postmodernist box houses, because architects are awful shells of human beings devoid of any sense of beauty, creativity, or aesthetics.

Luckily, despite the protest of basically everyone in the business, but to the joy of everyone who appreciates buildings, he was given building permit by the state.

But architects still suck.

I happen to quite like the sheer, austere, straight sided and pristine style of building.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: November 22, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »

Brutalism and the empty post-modern styles get bad raps for looking hideous or stupid, but I actually prefer them to attempts to recreate old styles of architecture. At least the first category are an honest representation of contemporary feelings, while attempts to re-create the past (even if the style is more attractive) comes off as tacky more than anything.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: November 22, 2018, 01:48:29 pm »

An architecture of aesthetics ought to suffice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: November 22, 2018, 01:55:26 pm »

At least the first category are an honest representation of contemporary feelings

No. It is in fact the opposite. People hate it and thinks it sucks. "Tacky attempts to re-create the past" is more in line with and a more "honest representation of contemporary feelings" than shitty box buildings will ever be.

The argument is ridiculous anyway. There's nothing contemporary about shitty box houses. That is the ideal of 50-80 years ago, that's when it was popular and new. Today it is simply tacky attempts to recreate the past.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: November 22, 2018, 01:58:57 pm »

I mean, there was that Swedish dude who caused an uproar and had the goddamn mayor come out and yell at him to repaint his house, because he painted the outside in this shifting spectrum "sunset" color scheme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Complaints from the homeowners association included "They're just not Swedish colors!".

EDIT: Thank you, Alexa.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: November 22, 2018, 02:26:25 pm »

I mean, there was that Swedish dude who caused an uproar and had the goddamn mayor come out and yell at him to repaint his house, because he painted the outside in this shifting spectrum "sunset" color scheme.

Complaints from the homeowners association included "They're just not Swedish colors!".

That's what happens if a region has no major societal problems.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: November 22, 2018, 02:32:11 pm »

First of all, Sweden does not have mayors

Second of all

We don't live in fucking orange juices okay

We just don't
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: November 22, 2018, 02:34:04 pm »

No you just live in swede (turnip) juice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: November 22, 2018, 02:47:12 pm »

Honestly, I prefer emulating older styles in architecture instead of slamming another soulles cube living block. In a way, a return to what was once considered beautiful could, in fact, represent the feelings of the modern man.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 793