Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008522 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9240 on: December 07, 2018, 03:48:13 pm »

I read that as "petri sauce" first, and thought you were still going on about the biohazards of poultry.

And I thought you folks had regular curry shacks where you managed to elevate chicken tikka masala above fish and chips for "most popular fast food"?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: December 07, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »

Urgh, I dislike curry. Though it is popular, true.

I think the most popular fast food other than fish 'n' chips is Chinese, at least where I am.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: December 07, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: December 09, 2018, 02:39:59 am »

A French protester got his hand blown off. (NSFW video circulating on the web, not linking that).

France, what are you doing putting explosives in your anti-riot gear?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: December 09, 2018, 07:17:10 am »

Shh! We don't talk about the French in this thread!

See? I can be topical...

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: December 09, 2018, 09:55:02 am »

A French protester got his hand blown off. (NSFW video circulating on the web, not linking that).

You sure about that?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9246 on: December 09, 2018, 10:05:41 am »

France, what are you doing putting explosives in your anti-riot gear?

When I was younger, a leader lost an eye due to receiving a flash ball in the forehead. In NDDL, a visitor received a flashball in the spine through his bag. Critical hit, spine snapped, killing him instantly. Remi Fraisse he was called.

Flashballs are supposed to be safe, but are meant to be used to do lobbed shots. Problem is, police is panic prone and use them like rifles when they are under stress. According to videos I saw, when they are in danger they just shoot straight, without security distance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:13:17 am by Cathar »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: December 09, 2018, 10:12:11 am »

They aren't panicking. They want to do as much damage as possible. "Less-than-lethal, a tragic accident" don't you know? You can't train a pig to be anything but a pig.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9248 on: December 09, 2018, 10:18:30 am »

I have a nuanced opinion on that matter in view of recent events, when national police was cornered by protestors and just opened fire to disperse the attacking crowd before retreating. In some case it's warranted, in some cases it's not. But yeah I think we talked about that enough.

Also, trivia : If you ever meet an anti riot police in the streets of France, look at their helmet. Blue lines : they are cops of the police nationale. Badly trained and notable cowboy mentality. Yellow lines and they are mobile gendarmerie (CRS). It's army, not police, but have an all around reputation of professionalism. You'll be wacked in both cases, but now you'll now by who
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:33:24 am by Cathar »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: December 09, 2018, 11:08:44 am »

You sure about that?
Paywalled
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: December 09, 2018, 11:19:21 am »

You sure about that?
Paywalled

Also, is the page source supposed to look like that?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9251 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:27 am »

Edit : Better source

Apparently, until now, the method of action was DDoS attacks or website defacing
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:32:47 am by Cathar »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: December 09, 2018, 01:10:23 pm »

You sure about that?

I mean, I suppose an actor could've gotten some kind of "blown-off hand" prop. It apparently happened in Bordeaux, there's video and photo of the aftermath, and the scene looks authentic. Google gives no reliable news outlet (and conspiracy nuts would of course believe there's a cover up).

And trying to find the first instance of the video via google is a pain...  ::) (or my Google-fu is foobar)

I suppose the minimal blood splatter could be a warning sign, at least in the phone-quality video. Then again, the photo shows a bit more. What do I know, I've never set off an explosive in my hand so I don't know what blood splatter I should expect.

Still, GLI-F4 grenades are used in France and their 25 g of TNT generates upon detonation a pressure of ~100 MPa (~1000 atm) for a roughly fist-sized enclosure, or about the pressure inside a firing gun. Based on what damage some revolvers can do if you hold your hand on the side of the gap between the cylinder and the firing pin, I'm inclined to believe that such pressure can seriously mess up someone's hand.

And Wiki appear to agree on that sentiment.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:13:01 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9253 on: December 09, 2018, 02:14:19 pm »

Edit : Alright, according to french medias, about ten plaints have been issued in relation with the use of grenades GLI-F4. Apparently mostly leg injuries, as for this exemple in Paris. The hand injury is highly suspiscious, and really only makes sense if the protestor have tried to pick up and launch back the grenade, or had his own explosive go off in his hand.

Of course there are no cover-up. The plaints are now treated by the justice system and we'll know all about in a few months.

Unidentified grenades have also been spotted at Anger, where a man armed with explosives had a face-off with police before being talked out of the situation. Tho this suggest some protestors had access to military weapons, and this is a tad worrying.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:38:03 pm by Cathar »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9254 on: December 09, 2018, 02:29:41 pm »

Throwing back a grenade shot at you is a trait exercised by the guilty and innocent alike. No one likes having grenades shot at them
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 793