Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002134 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9405 on: January 11, 2019, 09:46:02 am »

At this rate, you guys are going to work yourselves up into hysterics when Brexit crashes through. Sure, there are legit concerns to be worried about, but what if things aren't as problematic as they are predicted?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9406 on: January 11, 2019, 10:33:49 am »

At this rate, you guys are going to work yourselves up into hysterics when Brexit crashes through. Sure, there are legit concerns to be worried about, but what if things aren't as problematic as they are predicted?
The Sky will fall, the Sun will go dark, the Standard will drop, the Metro will no longer function, the end Times will begin, who will guard the Guardian?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: January 11, 2019, 02:53:27 pm »

The Sky will fall, the Sun will go dark, the Standard will drop, the Metro will no longer function, the end Times will begin, who will guard the Guardian?

Shouldn't King Arthur be returning about now to aid Britain in its time of need?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: January 11, 2019, 04:20:44 pm »

Shouldn't King Arthur be returning about now to aid Britain in its time of need?
That's only after the Brexit deadline, regardless of outcome.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: January 11, 2019, 07:47:27 pm »

So long as the tea supply remains, we shall overcome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: January 12, 2019, 12:00:17 am »

What if it's dumped in the harbour? Again?!?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: January 12, 2019, 12:02:34 am »

What if it's dumped in the harbour? Again?!?

Then we'll enslave America again, just like old times.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: January 12, 2019, 09:13:56 am »

Time to go dredge Boston harbour for cheap tea.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: January 14, 2019, 08:54:54 am »

The president-mayor of Gdańsk has died today after being stabbed onstage during a charity yesterday. The killer then shouted to the crowd about how the main opposition party (of which the president-mayor was a member of) was to blame for the attack and how he was tortured whilst in prison.

EDIT: Currently, the right-wing is claiming that the left-leaning (though by far not leftist) charity leader, Jurek Owsiak is to blame. Some have already called the assasination a patriotic act.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:57:46 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: January 14, 2019, 10:43:43 am »

Sounds like Polish politics are pretty polarized
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: January 14, 2019, 11:05:57 am »

Not sure if an intentional attempt at a Polish pun, but yes, they certainly are.

As polarized as things are over here in the US, at least we haven't gotten to the point where an assassination (attempt or otherwise) is being called patriotic by one side or the other. Finger pointing does happen, yes, but that particular line hasn't been crossed yet.

edit: Is it politicians that are saying that it's patriotic or is it random people saying that it's patriotic?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:14:39 am by smjjames »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: January 14, 2019, 11:44:01 am »

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

edit: Is it politicians that are saying that it's patriotic or is it random people saying that it's patriotic?
Much like what seem to be half of the world over the past few years, we too have been drifting towards embracing our inner Nazi. But it's not yet at the Literal Hitler level.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: January 14, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Yeah, it's a quite polemical issue, I'd say.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: January 14, 2019, 01:18:02 pm »

Quick! Pun pyramid detected! Bay12 assemble!
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 793