Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855502 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #375 on: March 11, 2016, 07:50:08 am »

@karhell:Aww, thanks.

@Cheesecake:...Then complain to the teacher about the person who did suggest it?

No, I'm not gonna do that :/ What's done is done, and the guy who suggested it was only desperate (we were out of time) and did what he thought was best. I'm just guilty that I didn't try to stop us from going through with it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »

I always hate that moment when I discover that I word I've used occasionally in the past might mean something very different from what I thought it meant... unfortunately in this case the only source I have on its definition is Urban Dictionary, which has several different meanings listed, which means I have no idea quite how the people I used this word in conversation with interpreted it. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2016, 06:57:16 pm »

@Cheesecake:
*pat*
*mild disapproval, but pat*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2016, 07:01:12 pm »

A friend of mine apparently got rejected by women he used to be with a year ago and thought he once more had a shot with now. He hasn't even looked at another woman in the meantime, so for about one and a half years. It must be pretty fucking rough for him - and he's in an entirely different city right now, so I can't even go drink with him and cheer him up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2016, 10:52:41 pm »

Since I had finished stacking a load of firewood under the house, my father suggested I could get rid of some of the stink beetles infesting a lime tree in the yard. The usual method of doing so, he told me, was either to quickly throw them on the ground and stomp 'em, or throw them in a bucket of soapy water.

I wasn't particularly enthralled by the idea in the first place. Not because I was afraid of getting sprayed with stink juice (which smelled somewhat like cinnamon, from the whiff I caught of it when he demonstrated the grab 'n' stomp), but because I'm kind of a wuss and didn't want to kill them, even if they were making a mess of the tree.

Eventually though, I figured I'd stomp on just one. I wouldn't be dealing any terrible blows to their population, at least, not that I should have any reason to care about that anyway. But as I looked for a suitable victim, all the beetles seemed to be in pairs, mating. My emotional state probably couldn't handle two committing two brutal murders in one go, so I looked further, and shortly discovered a lone bug behind a branch, not far from one of the pairs getting it on.

Was it some sort of creepy voyeur, perving on them from afar? Was is a jealous ex? Perhaps it had just come to confess its true, long-hidden feelings to the love of its life, only to find him/her in the throes of wild passion with another beetle, possibly its best friend?

Whatever the case, I grabbed the heartbroken bug (trying to tell myself it was the beetle version of the 'Forver Alone' meme and that I was actually sparing it a lifetime of lonely suffering), threw it on the ground and stomped it. Immediately, I regretted it. Its crushed and mangled form, pressed into the grass at my feet, just looked so wrong. It probably spent its last moments wondering just what it had done to deserve such punishment, on top of all the heartache it felt already.
Perhaps it welcomed the giant, fleshy pink hand of death, seeing it as a final escape from its miserable existence (it didn't even seem to try and spray me with its butt-goop, after all). More likely, it seemed to me, that the poor thing had had just enough time- as it was plucked from its home and thrown several bug-storeys to the ground- to reflect on its life, remembering every missed opportunity and lost love, and then- as the sole of my shoe descended on it like a solar eclipse, plunging it into darkness matching that of its heart- to feel a deep, profound regret at losing any chance of ever making amends for its past failures.

I don't know. I know I shouldn't care so much about a beetle, I'm aware that they don't really have brains, and probably not much in the way of pain receptors, either. But who am I to decide which bug gets to live and which must suffer an undignified death beneath a budget-range Rivers sneaker? For all I know, in my human arrogance, that creature might have been destined for great things. Perhaps it was the next lord of beetles, ready to lead its people to world conquest. Or perhaps it had spent its life in training to be the first beetle-human ambassador, silently rehearsing a grand speech that would bring peace between two very different species, that have been squishing/spraying smelly crap at each other for centuries. Perhaps that beetle would have gone on to become the star of an epic film fit to rival A Bug's Life, had I not snuffed out its life before its potential could be realised.

...Come to think of it, it's probably kid's films like A Bug's Life that are to blame for making me feel this way. Goddamn sentimental child-self.
Anyway, I've rambled enough. Time to post this and start drinking heavily to erase the awful image of that cracked, twisted carapace, the sound of its feeble cries for mercy, and the knowledge that I put out the brightest spark of the insect world  from my mind.
Booze is Life for Yoink

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2016, 04:24:10 am »

You're not the only one that doesn't like killing bugs.

My mild sad is that all the people I know in RL who play MOBAs are too invested in LoL after grinding their account levels up to be willing to try DoTA.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2016, 05:55:12 am »

Had acid reflux and a very strong hiccup (it was probably a spasm at that point) at exactly the same moment. Very unpleasant experience. Now my back aches AND my throat burns. Perfect!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2016, 03:56:06 pm »

Well I ended another dnd game

But unlike all the previous ones I think for once it is better off that I ended it, for my sake at least. As opposed to either depression, crippling procrastination, or guilt forcing my hand.

>_< but I think it means I shouldn't run any anymore. It just never works out...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2016, 03:56:35 pm »

*applies hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »

ngerk

So i've been spending much of today constructing a BIG ship in Spehs Engeneers (survival mode because finishing it is going to feel oh so much better), and even though it's two hours ago that i stopped i just CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT NOW. Constructing the thing is pretty chill and relaxing, but my brain has gone into full engi-nerd mode now, and i can do naught but wait until it peters down again. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2016, 05:42:40 am »

Well I ended another dnd game

But unlike all the previous ones I think for once it is better off that I ended it, for my sake at least. As opposed to either depression, crippling procrastination, or guilt forcing my hand.

>_< but I think it means I shouldn't run any anymore. It just never works out...

Nooooo! I'm sorry if my absence contributed to that, bro. :(

But for real, if you don't wanna do it anymore, that's cool. It was really fun while it lasted.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2016, 07:08:52 am »

I was really enjoying a song by a band I haven't really been able to get into properly in the past, but I forgot that it was playing out of a Facebook post and left the page, causing the song to be cut off just at a really good bit. :-\
Guess I'll have to give another listen tomorrow... should probably sleep now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2016, 07:10:41 am »

Nooooo! I'm sorry if my absence contributed to that, bro. :(

But for real, if you don't wanna do it anymore, that's cool. It was really fun while it lasted.

You had no effect on that decision don't worry.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »

My leg has been itching for the past few days and shows no signs of stopping... Why, body why? It's not even like there's a bug bite or anything.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »

While I was heating up some canned ravioli my jaw locked up and I cut my hand on the can.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 778