Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855526 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4590 on: October 09, 2018, 09:05:14 am »

Hanslanda, stop challenging forum-goers to deadly roof-top battles.

Anyway, in terms of spatial sense and fitness, I suppose I'd be alright at martial arts. It's interesting working on a farm with poor facilities (when I say interesting, I mean deadly) so one learns to act quickly. Fun times getting a cow to stop by literally jumping on its horns and dragging its head around, or avoiding crazed-mummy-cow-trying-to-escape-and-incidentally-crush-you. Let's not forget the time part of the roof, including a beam, collapsed and I had to throw myself backwards. Or the time the cattle broke a gate and sent it flying, though granted it was just chance that had me standing just away from it and not spatial awareness.

Farms are dangerous places.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: October 09, 2018, 09:08:12 am »

... How do you feel about rooftops and thunderstorms?

My little musketeer beard/moustache ensemble twitches with excitement at the thought.

*crosses out Arx and writes Rowanas on his "List of Forumites to Duel On a Thunderstorm Swept Rooftop*

I've often been nicknamed D'artagnon, but I'm more of a miniature Porthos.  Can we tumble off the edge to an almost-certain doom, only for one of us to reappear at a plot-convenient moment?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: October 09, 2018, 09:18:49 am »

Hanslanda, stop challenging forum-goers to deadly roof-top battles.

I mean, you could always volunteer as tribute.

Anyway, in terms of spatial sense and fitness, I suppose I'd be alright at martial arts. It's interesting working on a farm with poor facilities (when I say interesting, I mean deadly) so one learns to act quickly. Fun times getting a cow to stop by literally jumping on its horns and dragging its head around, or avoiding crazed-mummy-cow-trying-to-escape-and-incidentally-crush-you. Let's not forget the time part of the roof, including a beam, collapsed and I had to throw myself backwards. Or the time the cattle broke a gate and sent it flying, though granted it was just chance that had me standing just away from it and not spatial awareness.

Farms are dangerous places.

I'm pretty fast, reaction wise. I don't think I'd be bad at martial arts. The few fights I've been in ended well for me. The one time I got headlocked, I forced them to flip me over and took them with me. I'm not entirely sure how I didn't pass out, it was a really good headlock.

I also have absurd pain tolerance. Which could be good and bad in a fight. I am a firm believer in de-escalating conflicts, avoiding violence, and if violence becomes necessary, then using overwhelming and brutal force to eliminate the threat as fast as possible. Or running. I prefer running.

... How do you feel about rooftops and thunderstorms?

My little musketeer beard/moustache ensemble twitches with excitement at the thought.

*crosses out Arx and writes Rowanas on his "List of Forumites to Duel On a Thunderstorm Swept Rooftop*

I've often been nicknamed D'artagnon, but I'm more of a miniature Porthos.  Can we tumble off the edge to an almost-certain doom, only for one of us to reappear at a plot-convenient moment?

Yes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: October 09, 2018, 09:30:33 am »

Usually it's the antagonist who dies, though. And let's face it, you're not being protagonisty here Hanslanda.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:45 am »

Usually it's the antagonist who dies, though. And let's face it, you're not being protagonisty here Hanslanda.

We can always flip the script, break the trope.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: October 09, 2018, 09:37:32 am »

Trope-breaking is so cliche.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: October 09, 2018, 09:53:36 am »

My only contribution is one time when three girls from school posted a group-selfie and captioned it with "The Three Musketeers!", and I posted a comment asking where the fourth person was.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: October 09, 2018, 10:23:37 am »

Nah, we both survive. Also I'm definitely the antagonist. They have way more fun and get to do the coolest stuff.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: October 09, 2018, 10:26:17 am »

Nah, we both survive. Also I'm definitely the antagonist. They have way more fun and get to do the coolest stuff.

Piss off!  I'm British, and we always get to be the villain.  Maybe that's what the fight on the rooftop is for - whoever survives was clearly the protagonist, and thus also the loser of the competition.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: October 09, 2018, 10:37:32 am »

I'm a sinister looking ex-criminal arrogant American. I'm definitely an antagonist.
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: October 09, 2018, 10:43:37 am »

Incidentally, the path to proving your innocence is littered with many heinous crimes.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: October 09, 2018, 10:55:53 am »

I'm a sinister looking ex-criminal arrogant American. I'm definitely an antagonist.
You're the underdog that was innocent all along, and is presently on a quest for redemption/to prove themselves innocent.

While I'm an externally cheerful, sober and law-abiding citizen, who hides an alter-ego capable of unfathomable evil in the name of his misguided crusade.  A classic likable villain vs antihero.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:04 am »

You're the underdog that was innocent all along, and is presently on a quest for redemption/to prove themselves innocent.

...n-no. I did all those drugs. I wasn't falsely imprisoned.

But if my family ever dies, I'm planning on becoming a highly effective domestic terrorist.

While I'm an externally cheerful, sober and law-abiding citizen, who hides an alter-ego capable of unfathomable evil in the name of his misguided crusade.  A classic likable villain vs antihero.

I'm not the whiny kind of angsty antihero though. I'm a snarky, sarcastic stoic who hides behind a facade of humor to mask the deep unending void in my soul.
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: October 09, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »

You have a very particular set of skills.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: October 09, 2018, 01:05:40 pm »

Stupid pinky toe is still all bruised and sore from catching it on a bag handle three days ago.  I had just gotten back into proper exercise, but I have to keep weight off it.  My boots help, but extended walking just doesn't feel good.

It's not swollen though, and the bruises are discrete rather than the whole thing being purple, so I'm pretty sure it's on the mend.  It's pretty weird how pain works though.  Immediate pain, fairly sharp but nothing broken, so I shook it off.  Then several hours later I realized that it still hurt.  And now three days.

I want to go hiking ):  Also day to day walking hurts significantly, but I can deal with that, I really want to go hiking
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 778