Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859534 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #4935 on: November 27, 2018, 04:23:57 pm »

Well, there's your problem. How can you expect your brain to know not to crush on them when you don't even know what they're like?!
Your brain might know something you don't. You should at least meet it halfway. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: November 27, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »

From my experience, love doesn’t conquer scheduling conflicts so I would just give up on it if I were you.

If you want actual advice though, try and see if you can create some sort of relationship that exists solely through phone calls. I have this one female friend who I occasionally call and it’s usually a fun time. Every time we try to meet up though, it’s dreadfully boring. I still wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: November 27, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »

-
Considering the actions of inherently selfish and egotistical people who have no qualms destroying entire societies and condemning them to decades of poverty and misery for the sake of an impressive stock portfolio, I'd say that taking a couple wheels off of a chair is a fairly weak contender for the sake of divine judgement.

Of course. That's assuming that we consider death to be inherently negative and therefore a punishment... I suppose a more advanced nihilist than I would agree with you in that your sins are so meager and your virtues so meaningful that you deserve the reward of death's sweet release, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that that's not what you meant when you wrote that.

In short; don't worry too much about it, but do talk with your shrink to see if there are some good tips for dealing with the emotional floods when they pop up. Or, better yet, set up a cam and cash in on your newfound celebrity as "Angrygamer, Annihilator of Seating Arrangements".

I mean, if a teenager with Tourette's can get an award for yelling about fukken gingers and their caramels, then you can probably get some positive recognition for intermediate furniture combat.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: November 28, 2018, 05:02:28 am »

-
Considering the actions of inherently selfish and egotistical people who have no qualms destroying entire societies and condemning them to decades of poverty and misery for the sake of an impressive stock portfolio, I'd say that taking a couple wheels off of a chair is a fairly weak contender for the sake of divine judgement.

Of course. That's assuming that we consider death to be inherently negative and therefore a punishment... I suppose a more advanced nihilist than I would agree with you in that your sins are so meager and your virtues so meaningful that you deserve the reward of death's sweet release, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that that's not what you meant when you wrote that.

In short; don't worry too much about it, but do talk with your shrink to see if there are some good tips for dealing with the emotional floods when they pop up. Or, better yet, set up a cam and cash in on your newfound celebrity as "Angrygamer, Annihilator of Seating Arrangements".

I mean, if a teenager with Tourette's can get an award for yelling about fukken gingers and their caramels, then you can probably get some positive recognition for intermediate furniture combat.

In the heat of the moment, I'm just so overwhelmed with pent up frustration and self-hatred that I just feel I have to destroy *something*. A gaming controller, a keyboard, my trashcan, and now my gaming chair are all casualties. and after-the-fact I'm just so sickened with myself, as I'm usually a very placid and rational person, but then I just get so fucking stupid and irrational, all in a split-second, that I feel it confirms all my fears in life in how I'm going to be stuck in a rut forever, cause I'm just a stupid animal pacing in his cage.

I'm currently using some old books and an old shoe as props to keep my chair level, so it's atleast halfway functional, if totally immobile now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: November 28, 2018, 09:09:04 am »

You could always stockpile old tiles (or dinner plates etcetera) to throw at a wall or something when the stress and anger is starting to build up.
That's what my mother and various friends/family used to do from time to time, back when she had a convenient courtyard for smashing things in at the back of her shop. Obviously you need a suitable location for such stress-relieving activities, but that shouldn't be too hard to find.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: November 28, 2018, 09:27:01 am »

You could always stockpile old tiles (or dinner plates etcetera) to throw at a wall or something when the stress and anger is starting to build up.
That's what my mother and various friends/family used to do from time to time, back when she had a convenient courtyard for smashing things in at the back of her shop. Obviously you need a suitable location for such stress-relieving activities, but that shouldn't be too hard to find.
You mom wouldn't happen to be Greek, would she?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: November 28, 2018, 09:52:43 am »

I think I phrased that wrong. Not just wanting to break something, but specifically something in my life. Like if my life where a thing, I'd want to smash it. In those moments I just want to destroy my whole life.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: November 28, 2018, 09:57:22 am »

This sounds a bit like the precursors to dissociative fugue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state

It is unhealthy.  Accept the life you have, and revel in the good parts of it. The bad parts that you are able to affect change on, remember that you are able to change them, and the parts you cannot, remember that they are beyond your control, and thus not your fault.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: November 28, 2018, 10:07:42 am »

Just don't punch a kid in the dick when you're going through that.

That's a Fugue in D minor.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:14 am »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:55 pm »

I think I phrased that wrong. Not just wanting to break something, but specifically something in my life. Like if my life where a thing, I'd want to smash it. In those moments I just want to destroy my whole life.
Heh. I had the thought, myself, last night that I wanted to quit my job and never leave my room myself. As NEET as that experience would be, it's definitely my seasonal depression kicking into high gear.

So maybe not as aggressive as breaking my life, but definitely wanting to upend it in a fit of... Something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: November 28, 2018, 11:04:12 pm »

You.

For a long time now I have thought you to be highly amusing. Comedy writing, bub. Do it.

/pointless demands
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4947 on: November 29, 2018, 07:47:59 am »

Going through one of those weird phases where I ponder what it would be like to live an ordinary life, again. It'll pass and I'll go back to being a well-oiled machine executing the motions of society without making any emotional attachments, but until my mind readjusts it's always disquieting.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: November 29, 2018, 08:12:54 am »

You.

For a long time now I have thought you to be highly amusing. Comedy writing, bub. Do it.

/pointless demands
All my writing is comedy writing.

All the world's a stage, and all it ever hosts are reruns of this dumb sitcom with billions of recurring characters I can never remember the names of.

That said, I've realized that I mainly just build off of or manipulate things that other people say, inserting comments and observations of stuff wherever I can fit them in. Basically, wisecrack tetris.

Writing actual standalone content is not something I'm particularly good at, so far as I can tell.

Also I shouted "snaketits" in a bar a couple days ago, so I clearly shouldn't be allowed to have contact with the rest of the human race.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: November 29, 2018, 11:12:27 am »

I am the man who arranges the jokes
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 779