Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859654 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9030 on: July 05, 2021, 09:31:48 am »

I mean, someone can be pretty without you finding them personally attractive, ain't nothing wrong with telling someone they're pretty even if they're not your kind of pretty :V

It's a different matter if she meant the question with the possible subtext of "Do you find me attractive" but then, you're not a mind-reader and there's no point in agonizing over shit like that, take the question at face value because that's pretty much the only way you can when it's only in text form and there's zero cues that you can read to figure out the possible true question underneath it.

Fucking hell human interactions can be aggravating when they're like that.

Just say what you mean people, stop making shit more difficult for everyone involved simply because "It's the socially acceptable way to do it", fuck that noise and fuck whatever insecure prick came up with it as a concept :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: July 05, 2021, 10:14:36 am »

Just say what you mean people, stop making shit more difficult for everyone involved simply because "It's the socially acceptable way to do it", fuck that noise and fuck whatever insecure prick came up with it as a concept :V

The eternal struggle of "do I risk miscommunication, or risk being impolite"? Of course, phrased like that, you'd break social norms in a heartbeat if it meant you could get to the damn point faster. But if impoliteness = rejection, then... politeness is best, even if it leads to undefined behavior later? What is this bullshit?! I'd like a word with that prick. With my fists.

I'm not actually that aware of why it matters that much to be polite. I mean, I barely follow social norms, offline and online, and I seem to be fairly well accepted by others.

I've had it happen twice online; Bay12 (though I'm sorry that I've been participating less nowadays), and in a Discord server far, far away from here. I don't greet people, I barge in unannounced, and I generally act like I'm trying my hardest to be as detached as possible. If politeness mattered that much, why is it that I have 2 recorded instances of it not mattering? I got described as being "cool" and having "successful older brother vibes" on that server. That's a vote that I am viewed positively.

Of course, that's online. Offline, it seems to matter a bit more, but anyone perceptive enough already knows I "don't give a fuck". I've got that reputation among one (possibly toxic) friend group. It seems that the people I actually want to make friends with also don't give a fuck. Granted, the anxiety of meeting new real-life people is why I tend to stay online.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: July 05, 2021, 10:15:10 am »

Well actually the question was specifically "Do you think I'm pretty?", with a doe-eyed emoji after. So no real mind-reading necessary, she just wants me to find her attractive. Which... I do in a way, but not the way she wanted from me.

And just to head it off at the pass, this isn't some roundabout way of testing the waters for dating. We're already in a casual dynamic of sorts. ...but that means that I've kinda ended up as her main source of affirmation on that side of life, and I'm not doing the best job of it because... Yeah.

We get along and we're rather compatible. But I wouldn't necessarily launch a thousand ships for her face. I don't lust after her.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: July 05, 2021, 10:39:26 am »

I got described as being "cool" and having "successful older brother vibes" on that server. That's a vote that I am viewed positively.

I think that the 'successful older brother' is the one you'd go to for counsel on how to unfuck some deep shit as opposed to the emotional support for coping with deep shit, so I'd say the shoe fits! I don't think you've come off as condescending or antagonistic, so I'd say that's the major part of politeness in lieu of social ritual.

Wishing you tact and a delicate touch with your gal pal, Kagus.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: July 05, 2021, 04:24:06 pm »

Hypnic jerks, or something more like Restless Leg?

My advice: Drink more water. It's what my sergeant always used to tell me, and I turned out just fine!

More like restless leg, I guess. And yeah, I recently moved to a new place with a much hotter climate, so it would make sense that water is the problem. I've been sweating like a maniac.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: July 06, 2021, 09:26:07 am »

Doing my assignment wrong like an idiot...

It happens, but god, I just feel like I am fumbling this easy class.

[internal screaming]
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: July 07, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »

It's been upgraded to full-body thrashing like a fish out of water when I try to sleep, which I'm thinking is trauma exiting the body. Unpleasant but it needs to be worked through I guess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: July 07, 2021, 05:58:58 pm »

So I know this is "turn it off and on" level advice and probably stuff you're already on top of, but how is your salt intake? Do you get all your electrolytes? It's what legs need.
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: July 08, 2021, 02:29:53 am »

Maybe the legs have grown angry at the constant skipping of leg day, and they have taken it upon themselves to have a leg strengthening routine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: July 08, 2021, 03:26:41 am »

That definitely doesn't sound right. These are involuntary movements, yes? Not just discomfort that is relieved by movement? And you're conscious during multiple repeat movements, as opposed to drifting off and then being "jolted" awake with one convulsion (potentially repeating the cycle multiple times)?

If you were in a country with anything approaching reasonable healthcare, I would absolutely recommend talking with your doctor sooner rather than later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: July 08, 2021, 03:40:50 am »

It's sort of voluntary, like an itch that really needs to be scratched. So I itch it by worming around, kicking, punching the bed, etc. For quite a while.

I've also been picking at my skin :V I should probably stop, but ... shit, it's been a bad year. It's been a bad year.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: July 08, 2021, 03:56:29 am »

That sounds a lot more like RLS again, yeah. I think stress/anxiety can potentially set off symptoms like that, but that's personal anecdotal evidence as opposed to what's actually listed for it.

How's your iron intake? Do you have any indicators of anemia/iron deficiency? Pale skin, cold extremities, brittle nails? Also stuff like weakness/fatigue, headaches, and poor appetite, but those can also be explained by just stress. And all sorts of other things.

Also, for what it's worth, sending hugs <3

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: July 09, 2021, 08:37:01 pm »

Remember how my trash company was bought out? Well they missed the normal trash day, they said they would pick it up one day later (today) and they didn't, and I got an email saying "we have rescheduled your service until July 16" which is another week away.  It means I have an overflowing trash bin, too - because it's currently full.  >:(

Their email says "We truly appreciate your business."  Yeah I'm sure they do.  ::)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: July 11, 2021, 01:29:51 pm »

So, I downloaded Grasshopper (A JavaScript learning/Google recruitment tool) on my phone a while back, and on a whim I decided to try and make the worst possible Hello World script I could manage.

Unfortunately, after a couple hours of coding, I discovered that the program has built-in protection against scripts that loop more than 500 times.

I require more lööps, bröther.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: July 11, 2021, 05:25:38 pm »

Euro 2021 Final.

England is utterly cursed.

Cursed in penalties, cursed in championships; and clearly Southgate didn't perform enough exorcism to be rid of his own curse.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 779