Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 95276 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Nepotism Burgers
« Reply #855 on: August 27, 2019, 09:26:37 pm »

Burn them all?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2019, 09:27:53 pm »

brazil president played fallout 3 and took the opening song "I want to set the world on fire..." literally

Okay bad semi sorta joke. But wanted to lighten the mood :(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 28, 2019, 01:21:26 am »

Didn't the fire started on communist Bolivia after some guys tried to clear a a part of the rainforest with fire and got out of hand? Not much twitter or news here, more pressing matters you see.

There's not really one fire at this point; it's several fires burning all at once. Some are in Bolivia, yes.

More like on the order of 2000 individual fire areas, at least that's what I've read, I think. May be thinking of a different thing associated, dunno.

Also, some of them started in Brazil but spread to other countries, that may be the Bolivia one.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: UN Loser
« Reply #858 on: September 24, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »

Sorry for the lack of source links, but I am giddy today. What I am not sorry for, however, is the fact that I will keep to my pledge to not say the current president's name until the end of his term.

First because of the utterly moronic speech the Bozo gave on the UN, showing the world he is worthy of no respect.

Second... because apparently he spent AN ENTIRE HOUR standing in place in one of the UN's corridors so he could meet Trump. And Trump just... gives him an incredibly quick handshake and leaves in the span of a mere 17 seconds while the Fascist Himself gushes. I actually laughed loud enough at this to startle people.

And of course, Biroliro's cattle are still trying to justify all of this trash so... have this incredibly relevant song from '79 (subtitled!)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 24, 2019, 03:07:57 pm »

I thought he couldn't attend because he had some surgery and docs said that he shouldn't travel that soon?

On one hand, the standing in the corridor for an hour and only meeting Trump for seconds either says that he has a fan cult of Trump that Trump would prefer the world to have and on the other, it seems like a hell of a burn (intentionally or not) by trump. And I guess on another, if he intended to get Trumps attention for more than all of 17 seconds, it just reveals how bad he is at diplomacy or something.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 25, 2019, 03:53:00 am »

On one hand, the standing in the corridor for an hour and only meeting Trump for seconds either says that he has a fan cult of Trump that Trump would prefer the world to have and on the other, it seems like a hell of a burn (intentionally or not) by trump. And I guess on another, if he intended to get Trumps attention for more than all of 17 seconds, it just reveals how bad he is at diplomacy or something.

I guess we now know what sort of pocket monster he is.

He is a Zubat.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 25, 2019, 03:57:24 pm »

God, I thought the Brazilian press was going to be able to turn this in some kind of win for Pocket.

It was not possible. The sheer amount of embarrassment for being Brazilian is overwhelming. And I was around for 7-1.
In a time before time, I had a name.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 25, 2019, 11:43:36 pm »

God, I thought the Brazilian press was going to be able to turn this in some kind of win for Pocket.

It was not possible. The sheer amount of embarrassment for being Brazilian is overwhelming. And I was around for 7-1.

The fact that he looks like a giddy schoolgirl catching a glimpse of her fav rockstar (let me know if that's an overexaggeration or accurate) doing it certainly doesn't help either.

At least the UN didn't laugh at Trumps speech as happened last time, THAT was embarrassing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 26, 2019, 10:23:25 am »

"giddy schoolgirl" and "favorite rockstar" haven't gone together since probably the 1980s

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 26, 2019, 11:14:22 am »

I'll admit that it's extremely stereotypical, and I sort of generically used rockstar as in 'teen idol', but that's sort of the appearance it gives, if exaggerated somewhat.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 26, 2019, 11:44:01 am »

"giddy schoolgirl" and "favorite rockstar" haven't gone together since probably the 1980s

Remember; Kanye West is the greatest living rockstar in the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 26, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

Also possibly the next president of the USA iirc right?
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 26, 2019, 01:47:28 pm »

Also possibly the next president of the USA iirc right?
I don't think he's actually running.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 26, 2019, 09:22:00 pm »

Maybe he can pull a Trump and grab the spotlight away from our shameful conduct.
Go for it America.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73