Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77074 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2017, 08:08:30 am »

Go stand in front of the slaves/slavecarts, the ones who are still alive at least. Anyone trying to mess with them gets a full blast of assume direct control heart attack edition, or a ray of lightning totem beam from my staff. Whichever I think will be more effective.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »

Make mental notes about the place. So I can explain latter to the captain how the builing looks. Go to the reception desk, if no one's there ring a bell (annoyingly), if there is a bell. If not scrape my throat. When someone arrives put on a fake accent.
"Hallo, thees is courthouse. Jah??? Something intresting happeening soon, like case?"
If he talks about the case involving our people, I'll say the thing below, if not I annoy him and keep asking questions about upcomming cases.
"Ooooh, veeery intresting indeed. Like famoos plays and books, crime, court, judge, joory. Huh! Joory. Can me and freends come and be jury on tha case. Please?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:46:47 pm by Loki987 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »

No, Dar isn't really looking for anything in specific, I just wanted to know if there was anything he's see that'd color his impression--like clearly being made by twolegs.  I suppose I would like to know whether he could harm/disable Clunkers via Lathalian magic, much as he dislodged wheels from the wagons.

For now, he's gonna continue hiding beneath a wagon and simply watch what's going on.  Nobody else to kill, and I think it'd probably be bad for the team if he tried to interrogate the merchant.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2017, 03:46:31 am »

Realising that his assailants weren't planning to simply kill him on sight, and were, seemingly, just your average city guard-types as opposed to bloodthirsty murderers the likes of which he has had so much acquaintance with of late, Thrips heaves out a shaky, choked sigh of relief. He just about collapses, in fact; steadying himself only against either a convenient wall or pillar, or the guard speaking to him if there are none such nearby.

Almost overwhelmed by a potent curry of stress, fear, relief and uncertainty, Thrips elects to simply go along for now.
He nods his head dumbly, wipes a ooze of mucus from beneath his nose, and follows the guard with unsteady steps. Belatedly remembering something, he glances back in the direction of the tower housing Frederick - but after a moment forces his eyes away and instead focuses on where he's going. 'Out of my hands now,' he decides.

Silently follow this guard fellow to wherever they're taking me. Try to calm down.
That's all, really. Just follow along without needing to worry about things for a change.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 06, 2017, 05:22:23 pm »

I haven't forgotten about you guys, but the next post is still going to be a day or two. hang tight. Sorry for the delay.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 06, 2017, 05:25:12 pm »

((No Problem))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »

It's moving, that means it can die.  Go bash its head repeatedly into the stone tiles until it goes squish.  If it doesn't go squish, fly to the river and try to drown it.  Some shaking would not be untowards as well.
(4) the thing goes still after a good beating. (4) v (2) and then Frederick's whole body locks up.

((Sorry if I'm a bit slow with posting, I'm on a trip for the next few weeks and might not have time to post. If I don't in time for a turn, I'm sure you can see a common pattern of behaviour, Ozarck.))

"Ah c'mon, really? Fucking amateur, I could do better with a piece of lettuce."

Taunt
(1) Your jailer remains unimpressed, and begins to test the limits of your metal body's bendability. (5) His first efforts are fruitless though, and he isinterrupted anyway. Apparently, it is time for your 'trial.' Quick! While the two guards are distracted by each other! Through their legs! To Freedom and anarchy!

Make mental notes about the place. So I can explain latter to the captain how the builing looks. Go to the reception desk, if no one's there ring a bell (annoyingly), if there is a bell. If not scrape my throat. When someone arrives put on a fake accent.
"Hallo, thees is courthouse. Jah??? Something intresting happeening soon, like case?"
If he talks about the case involving our people, I'll say the thing below, if not I annoy him and keep asking questions about upcomming cases.
"Ooooh, veeery intresting indeed. Like famoos plays and books, crime, court, judge, joory. Huh! Joory. Can me and freends come and be jury on tha case. Please?"
I'm speechless. This is hilarious.
Horatio walks up to the desk, rings the bell in the guy's face anoyingly. He looks up and clears his throat. Horatio rings the bell. The guy clears his throat louder. Horatio rings the bell. The guy frowns and, through clenched teeth, asks "What do you want?" Horatio puts on the worst accent ever, and the guy visibly rolls his eyes. Horatio is undaunted and begins bugging the guy about trials and criminal scum and due process and prosecution, occasionally shouting "Objection!" at the clerk, who is visibly becoming more irate by the second.
"ALL TRIALS ARE HELD IN THE COMMON COURTROOM, DIRECTLY AHEAD, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ON THE TRIAL SCHEDULE, WHICH IS POSTED TO YOUR LEFT! YOUR OTHER LEFT!" He finally yells. He gestures at the grand doors across the foyer, and points to a sign indicating trial schedules.

Just as he is finishing, huffing and puffing, the main front doors open and a line of people are dragged, pushed, or pulled in and marched across the foyer and into the main Courtroom.

Realising that his assailants weren't planning to simply kill him on sight, and were, seemingly, just your average city guard-types as opposed to bloodthirsty murderers the likes of which he has had so much acquaintance with of late, Thrips heaves out a shaky, choked sigh of relief. He just about collapses, in fact; steadying himself only against either a convenient wall or pillar, or the guard speaking to him if there are none such nearby.

Almost overwhelmed by a potent curry of stress, fear, relief and uncertainty, Thrips elects to simply go along for now.
He nods his head dumbly, wipes a ooze of mucus from beneath his nose, and follows the guard with unsteady steps. Belatedly remembering something, he glances back in the direction of the tower housing Frederick - but after a moment forces his eyes away and instead focuses on where he's going. 'Out of my hands now,' he decides.

Silently follow this guard fellow to wherever they're taking me. Try to calm down.
That's all, really. Just follow along without needing to worry about things for a change.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

After collapsing against the guard fro a moment, you walk along behind him for about fifteen minutes before coming to a guard station. You are led inside and made to sit down on a bench near the wall. a large cup of soup is placed in your hands. It is lukewarm.

"You fucking wot."

Split my essence into an arbitrarily large number of spectral ravens, which are not frozen.
Spectral, eh? (1)you remain perfectly still, and decidedly solid. Hmm. Weren't you in battle with a large, scaley fella a minute ago? Yes, yes you were. Shooting at children didn't actually change that state of affairs. (4) That lizard bites you on the shoulder, hard. Like, your whole shoulder fits into his mouth, along with half your arm and part of your torso. (4) you don't die - probably because of whatever it is that Clunkers did to you. But that state of affairs is rapidly changing.

PMing Oz because Valyrie should not be affected by that frost magic.
killbonus is being spent on a self-heal anyway because she was in near-death state.
reminder that her timer resets on kill no matter how killbonus is spent.

"I'd prefer if you didn't kill kids anyway. they have a lot of unrealized potential, and should get a chance to spend it. They aren't worth much to me either. stuff that can fight back gives bigger rewards."

PPE:

I have no clue how Valyrie's partner splitting into multiple bodies will affect Valyrie while she's riding. was not handled in character design.
Valyrie is affected by mechanical magic. The frost doesn't bother her. Valyrie is rejuvenated by the kill anyway, and lives for another day. There is killcredit remaining. How will she spend that?
I guess we'll find out another day how Valyrie would have been affected by her host splitting into multiple spectral entities. Hint - it's not pretty.

Go stand in front of the slaves/slavecarts, the ones who are still alive at least. Anyone trying to mess with them gets a full blast of assume direct control heart attack edition, or a ray of lightning totem beam from my staff. Whichever I think will be more effective.
You intimidate everyone within fifty meters of yourself. Even the lizards look cowed. Except the one that caught a bird. I mean, it's tryign to drag the bird away from you, so there's that, but it still looks like it has some fight in it. Well, it isn't bothering the prisoners, anyway.

No, Dar isn't really looking for anything in specific, I just wanted to know if there was anything he's see that'd color his impression--like clearly being made by twolegs.  I suppose I would like to know whether he could harm/disable Clunkers via Lathalian magic, much as he dislodged wheels from the wagons.

For now, he's gonna continue hiding beneath a wagon and simply watch what's going on.  Nobody else to kill, and I think it'd probably be bad for the team if he tried to interrogate the merchant.

Dar is unsure if he could harm or disable Clunkers. Lathalian magic would be the way to go, though. Anyway, looks like Clunkers has taken control of the situation, and that bird girl is being eaten by a lizard. Dar doesn't see that abomination that accosted him earlier anywhere.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2017, 03:08:16 pm »

spend it on endurance, because I suspect she's going to be taking damage soon and she can't save up killcredit for a later heal, it's all use-or-lose.
"Now that's not very nice."
Stop riding the birdcicle and fly up on top of the lizard and land on it, similar to a human rider, and attempt to get it to calm down and back off.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 08, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

"Crapperly!"

Come on, switching targets obviously implies disengaging from the current target. Especially because the lizards are bound in front of their carts and I use ranged magic. How was I ever in their range to begin with?

Draw the ice into a projectile, and use it to freeze... the lizard, clunkers, valerie, whoever else looks like a good target. Whatever, I'm annoyed, I don't need to be logical here.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »

"Huminahuminahuminahuminahuminahaaaaaa!"

Make the break! Or at least destroy the guard's genitals if my escape attempt fails.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2017, 04:35:10 pm »

Vlad B team, sort through the confiscated weapons for anything usefull to me to beast the  lizard thing into submission.
"Metal sir, anything you need me to do?"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:06:49 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 08, 2017, 06:50:42 pm »

Dar will try to kill that lizard biting the flockmind, VIA HIS TRADITIONAL MELEE STRATEGY OF BUFFING AND GOING FOR THE NECK, if his teammates don't have a handle on it by the time he can act.  If they do, he'll just remain hidden under the cart.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2017, 08:21:51 pm »

Try to start moving again.  Begin with my eyes and work my way back.  If I do start moving, do some more roof hopping in the general direction of the warehouse.

Am I familiar with this effect?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:56:23 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2017, 06:54:59 am »

"Metal sir, anything you need me to do?"
"Reply: Our two mission parameters are thus; One, Interrogate the caravan personnel for information about the caravan. Purpose, destination, owner, et cetera. Two, search and rescue for the slaves carried by the caravan.

You can continue as you were for number one. This one endeavors to complete number two, if only its own teammates would stop ruining its progress."

Again, try and free the slaves and get them to a more secure location a bit away from the caravan. Guard them, look menacing while doing so, also close my magic dampening cloak around me. Anyone who tries to interfere in my freeing the slaves and keeping them safe will get Assume Control Heart Attack or a Lightning Totem charge to the face via staff. Don't hold back.

ALSO: For my own benefit here, I'm correct that our two mission objectives were to get info on the caravan and search and rescue the slaves, right? I just want some black on white confirmation here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2017, 11:33:07 am »

Oz, please note that Pan's last question has been sort of answered twice before, which is why there's contention.  Kinda my fault for missing the first time and asking again, though it still is mildly ambiguous whether "search and rescue" was implied or explicit, as Clunkers would be waaay more likely to pick up on implication than Dar.

Spoiler: Relevant quotes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44