Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44231 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2017, 04:10:05 am »

Open fire with my Laser Pistol on the Other GuysTM

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL002
Class: Grunt
Inventory: Laser Pistol, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2017, 12:30:40 pm »

Let OCE use my backpack and guard the room whilst he gathers up intel.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)

For Honor and Glory! Rush to enemy commander, pound him!

Gather more intel, read it (if literate) to sorta understand if it's particularly important, and store it in the backpacks, preferably with some sort of organization, but not necessary. If bags fill up with intel and there is still intel to be taken, put it in the bags of nearby, willing, living ally Grunts. Team, hey, want to store some intel for me?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Run forward with the rest of the platoon, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)

Join in the Fight with Platoon 1.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2017, 09:11:23 am »

Advance to the enemy, smack 'em with the butt of my gun. Loot enemy soldiers for medical supplies and replacement backpack.
"Ruffians and curs! If I had a white glove, I would SLAP YOU WITH IT! Also, you other grunts. I'm your medic now. Wahoo, and hope that I actually find supplies and don't die."

Platoon: 3
Designation: sev002
Class: Grunt (Medic? I have skill in first aid.)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

Avanti!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2017, 08:51:04 pm »

Hang out with the other grunts.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:13:29 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:33 pm »

Go prone, roll out into the middle of the hallway, and take out one of The Other GuysTM.
Spoiler: MAD001 (click to show/hide)

Engineering? That's perfect! Grab a wrench or miscellaneous tool and go whack an engineer with it. I don't even care if it's a friendly engineer, somehow.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Move to the entrance of the receptionist's office, grab some cover, and start blasting Other GuysTM.

Platoon 2:
Inventory: Laser Pistol, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2017, 03:01:51 am »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1

Get moving along to the command center and meet up with the other grunts

(sorry about disappearing for a few days computer difficulties)
(no problem. I've been a rather slow updater of late anyway.)
(1)you encounter a hallway, completely twisted out of shape and horribly mangled. It's more a "broken and tangled mass of Space Steel, Space Plumbing, Space Wiring, and Space Motivational Posters" than an actual hallway. Maaaaaaybe you could worm your way through without cutting yourself horribly on the sharp bits. You can try. Do you have your Space Tetanus shots up to date?

Let OCE use my backpack and guard the room whilst he gathers up intel.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
you stand around and make 'pew pew' noises with your finger guns. that's not what lasercarbines sound like, but it's how the Grunts always do it when playing Finger Laser Cowboys. No one knows why. Lasercarbines, for the interested, make a low whir and a series of short, rapid clicks. Except when they are exploding. Then they make explodey sounds.

For Honor and Glory! Rush to enemy commander, pound him!

(3) you take the long way and come out a short distance away from a band of rather surly, rather ominous looking Soldiers. Most of them are chewing gum and standing around. A couple of them are smoking. Those guys - the smokers - look like Demolitions experts, judging by the patches on their arms, the many varied pockets on their vests, and their "shit's about to explode" grins.
"Which way to The Commander of The Other GuysTM, Sirs!" You shout in regulation tone and volume. The demolitions guys look at you in some sort of cross between concern and amusement. One of the Soldiers just points around the corner with his thumb.

Gather more intel, read it (if literate) to sorta understand if it's particularly important, and store it in the backpacks, preferably with some sort of organization, but not necessary. If bags fill up with intel and there is still intel to be taken, put it in the bags of nearby, willing, living ally Grunts. Team, hey, want to store some intel for me?
Your eyes cross as you try to read the Militareze. Soooooooo many foooooooorms. You toss some rather recognizable forms to the side: Requisitions for Additional Units of Savory Style Nutrient Paste, Report on KP Detail And The Horrifying Aftermath, Basic Acknowledgement of Standard Safety Training Regarding Dental Floss, and so forth. You stuff some other ... stuff, into your bag and the bags of your fellows. Something about logistics, something about personnel, something about telemetry ... After a while you give up and start stuffing fistfuls of papers into the bags. You wonder why there is so much paperwork in space.

Run forward with the rest of the platoon, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot.

Let's see which platoon member you followed: (3) You follow Rak, and encounter a squad of fellow Soldiers and Demolitions guys, sort of standing around doing nothing.

Join in the Fight with Platoon 1.

(5)You follow Rak and MC, but just before you catch up, someone waves at you from inside a small room. "You there: you look like you'll fit. Listen carefully. We've placed some shaped charges in the maintenance crawlspace here. The goal is to blow a small hole in the floor of the command post and get someone inside to open the main doors, while The Other Guys are distracted. We've got just enough time to get you into this demolitions vest and get you in there. Here, quick, put this on, and at my signal, crawl in! See the charges in there? They'll blow just as the distraction is going off. You ready?"

Platoon 1 Death roll
*Ominous hum*

Platoon 2

Go prone, roll out into the middle of the hallway, and take out one of The Other GuysTM.
Ooh, tactics! You get a +1 on your death roll. (2) you roll out into the hall and fire your lasercarbine. You can tell that you missed though. Not even a ricochet.

Engineering? That's perfect! Grab a wrench or miscellaneous tool and go whack an engineer with it. I don't even care if it's a friendly engineer, somehow.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
(2) You find no wrench. Undaunted, you rush out toward the engineers, who, of course, shoot back at you with wild abandon. You'll get ... (5) two death rolls this round, at +1 each, for uncoordinated fire.

Move to the entrance of the receptionist's office, grab some cover, and start blasting Other GuysTM.
cover? Another +1 on the death roll for you. (2) aaaaand, like the rest of your squad, your shot goes wide. The hallway is virtually buzzing with missed shots and regret. From both sides.

Platoon 2:
Why do you have a Laser Pistol? Did I forget something? Ah well, whatever.
(1) you shoot Oce in the back. He is (4) lightly wounded. Well done. Our first case of friendly fire, that i remember.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(2)+1 Mad's Serious wound is aggravated by his roll, and he is maimed.
(4)+1(2)+1 Oce is Seriously Wounded in his mad charge. He approaches the barricade at a dead run however. A simple matter of vaulting the three foot, spiked, partitioned shield, and he will be amongst the panicked engineers. Oh, and a minor wound from friendly fire. add that to your other minor wound and ...upgrade to serious, upgrade with the other serious - maimed.
(5)+1 Zr settles into position, takes advantage of the chaos around him, and takes careful aim on The engies. You'll get a _1 on your attack next round.
(1)+1 A lucky shot by an engie takes NL down. at least he doesn't have time to feel ashamed of shooting his ally in the back. Or proud, for that matter. Who knows with you grunts?

Platoon 3
Try to kill the guy I was fighting. Don't boil alive, leave the area with the boiling stuff and kick anyone in my way to get out of there.
Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
three actions eh? hmm. (1) you are knocked down by The Other Guy, and will face a steamy death roll this round.

Try to identify an exit and guide the squad towards it.

Do I lose the points for Eye of the Storm or I can keep them?
you keep the Eye of the Storm Points. Character Points are like genetic code that your successive clones inherit.
(1) "Over here, guys!" You shout. it's only as you start to crawl throug hteh gaping hole that you realize - that's the Dart. oops.

Grab my opponent and sprint out of the room, use him as cover if need be.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite (EATEN)
Kills: Heh
(1) your opponent tosses you in the general direction of the spraying steam.

Charge and barge through the enemy line to safety, hopefully bringing a bad guy with me to safety for interrogation/ murder time funtime purposes.

Designation: BLD003
Status: Having a fun time. MINOR WOUND; HORRIFIC FACIAL DISFIGUREMENT.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
(1) That's four 1's in a row, you guys. Four of them. You guys are in some deeeeeeeeeep shit this round, I gotta say.

Advance to the enemy, smack 'em with the butt of my gun. Loot enemy soldiers for medical supplies and replacement backpack.
"Ruffians and curs! If I had a white glove, I would SLAP YOU WITH IT! Also, you other grunts. I'm your medic now. Wahoo, and hope that I actually find supplies and don't die."

Designation: sev002
Class: Grunt (Medic? I have skill in first aid.)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

(1) HOLY SHIT! IT'S A TOTAL ROUT! FIVE 1s IN A ROW, IN THE SAME ROUND!

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
You all rolled ones on your actions. All of you. it's a critical failure. The Other Guys clear the Sewage Plant of Grunts. You all die, and this objective is lost. Hoo-eee. That was rough.
We're gonna have to have you respawn in a Dart, and fired at another Objective. Ouch.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Platoon 3: respawn in a Dart. I'll roll your trip across space again next round, and if your Dart survives the trip, we'll re-roll another objective.
everyone else can respawn with their platoons.
newbiesw, pick a platoon, spawn in wherever they are, and use that platoon's color for your posts.

Platoon 1Assist the battle for the COmmand DeckTM
Platoon 2Engineering is guarded by engineers. This is either good news, or it is not good news.
Platoon 3You ded. New Dart, new objective.
[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2017, 03:25:48 am »

Respawn. Join up with the rest of Platoon 2, keep shooting at engies.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2017, 07:24:17 am »

Keep on twords the command center, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot. If I spot anything that looks explody then turn around and get to a safe distance, I don't want to run into those demo guy's handy work...

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2017, 09:36:46 am »

((Wow our rolls were horrid))
Respawn, strap into dart, stow away our luggage, cry like a little babby
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine,  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2017, 09:57:43 am »

Secure stuff, maintain composure while waiting for dart to reach next objective.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:41 am »

Five [1]s in a row for the same platoon? TPK
Secure my stuff, scream internally and externally.
Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2017, 12:11:49 pm »

You there: you look like you'll fit. Listen carefully. We've placed some shaped charges in the maintenance crawlspace here. The goal is to blow a small hole in the floor of the command post and get someone inside to open the main doors, while The Other Guys are distracted. We've got just enough time to get you into this demolitions vest and get you in there. Here, quick, put this on, and at my signal, crawl in! See the charges in there? They'll blow just as the distraction is going off. You ready?
Follow these instructions to the letter.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »

Use my glorious stability due to firing prone and pin down those engineers. Let my teammates get up there.TM.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:15 pm »

I've taken aim, so it must be time to fire! Try not to hit that madman OcE.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2017, 03:14:09 am »

Hang out with the other grunts.

Keep on twords the command center, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot. If I spot anything that looks explody then turn around and get to a safe distance, I don't want to run into those demo guy's handy work...

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29