Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 61364 times)

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I going crazy or did a bunch of posts get deleted in this thread?
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't seen any post deleted here.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd think that if any posts has been deleted, the page count would've went down by one or two.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

OKAY WHAT IS HAPPENING ANYMORE

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

AAAAGH

I feel like ya just need to download What Lurks Below and play with that to avoid technical difficulties. I don't like the idea of the monsters that are supposed to speak staying silent. This feels better and safer.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

AAAAGH

I feel like ya just need to download What Lurks Below and play with that to avoid technical difficulties. I don't like the idea of the monsters that are supposed to speak staying silent. This feels better and safer.
??? is this the "langage pack"
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

AAAAGH

I'll go ahead and do that. It shouldn't have any affect on my unmodded saves correct?
Also, I'm aware that the mod's creator is pretty active in this thread, so, is it alright if I include the speech file in my upload once the turn is over? For ease of access?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Yeah, you might as well do that for convenience.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

* Moonstone_Flower screams internally.

Isn't that exactly what someone claimed to have already done early on?  I could have sworn that it was Derpy who said that.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

* Moonstone_Flower screams internally.

Isn't that exactly what someone claimed to have already done early on?  I could have sworn that it was Derpy who said that.

I seriously don't know anymore >:|

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turns out the only way to win the game is to play with the mods after all

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing to worry about. As far as I get, ZM5 mentioned earlier that only one or few creatures of deep caverns are affected by not installing the mod, everything else is in the save.

We haven't even yet touched the caverns. The one who do will probably install the mod with speech files  :D

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huzzah! It's finally time! Apologies for being a particularly inactive individual. School and some really shoddy internet prevented me from being as present as I would've liked to be. I have been watching intently though, and I think I have a solid idea about what I want to do for my turn.

Before I get into the thick of things, I have a couple questions.

1. I saw early in the thread the mention of mods. Which mod would this be, and need I install it to play the save properly?

2. Is the "open-legends" command fair game? I took a peek at it while trying to get acquainted with everything and there was an interesting tidbit of information I found that I think would be interesting to include in my first log.

3. In what capacity is DFhack allowed? I don't plan on cheating, but I tend to have bad luck with bugs so using some of the more helpful scripts end up being a godsend should the need for it arise.

4. Finally, the version we're playing on is 44.09 correct? And if not, is it alright if I upgrade to that?

With all of that out of the way, I hope to make my turn something to remember. I'll probably be getting started sometime early this week. If not then, then this coming weekend for sure. Wish me luck!

1. The mod is What Lurks Below, and you do need to install it to use the save.

2. Eh sure why not.

3. What exactly do these scripts do?

4. I think we're out of date, dunno anymore though. Go ahead and play in 44.09.

Forgot to reply to this. The scripts I'd be using (if any) are things like fix/fat-dwarves or clean-map. Totally fine if that's a no go, but I find it's nice to clean up little issues like that.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Is Tomb Raider listed in C-P? I have no idea if prisoners can be executed by the enemy. It is possible they have inducted him into their civ, maybe. Not sure if that is intentionally possible, either.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC in spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Log 1
The Spring Months

Finally it begins. I've been called down from the distant mountain-homes to bring glory to the mighty fortress of Bandithorses. My predecessors have already made this place something to admire, and with hope there will still be much left to gawk at once my time here is finished. My area of expertise is with the military, and so I've put myself in the position of captain of the guard. I'll be seeing many a raid through if the gods are good to me, and I pray I can accomplish much in admittedly short time here. Wish me luck, friends. I'm sure I'll need plenty of it.

Formalities aside, I suppose I should get started. It's come to my attention that our main defense resides deep within the  dark of the caverns. Frankly, this won't do. Cave adaption is a cruel mistress, and dwarves stunned and retching are not worth much as fighters. With that in mind, I've decided to relocate our barracks above ground in hopes to combat this issue. In time, the uppermost floor of it will be turned into a watch tower for our marksdwarves to fire through.

Here it is currently. The drawbridge will be kept closed unless our swordsman need to help break a siege or head off on a raid. The lever is located in the main meeting room.

And speaking of sieges...

A raid already! Luckily, this attack is of the pitiful sort. Our marksdwarves and wrestlers dispatch of the few elven recruits there are in moments.

With the vile thought of elves in our minds, I feel like now is as good a time as any to discuss one of our lost soldier, who goes by the name of Tomb Raider. I've uncovered word of his goings on and they're... less than noble.

It appears during my predecessor Hun's time here, our raider made his way out of the dungeons and into the elven city, where he's taken up a life of crime. Best of luck to him then, I suppose. He'll surely need it for his new line of work.

With that out of the way, I reckon it's time for a brand new raid. I'll be sending out our trained swords for this mission. I pray they do not disappoint.
I've set my sites on the elven retreat of Forddawned, which lies a short ways to the North east.

They'll be going in stealthily and looking exclusively for livestock. The elves often hold fearsome beasts, and a breeding pair of big cats or bears will aid our efforts just as well as plundered steel or shining trinketry.
And with that, the spring months have come to a swift close. Our raiders will return in early summer, and I'll write of their escapades as well as progress on our barracks then.

Farewell for now!

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good FPS may be attributed to a relatively small map. We also haven't discovered caverns - they usually lead to some FPS drops.

I really glad to know that Tomb Raider is alive! I feel a bit jealous that he didn't come back to us, but doing illegal stuff in a forest retreat fits a grave robber pretty well, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28