Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 181

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 220469 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #1395 on: March 12, 2021, 07:57:08 am »

There's a difference between cattified humans versus humanized cats. The former gets you cat people, the other gets you anthropomorphic cat people, but going too far on the Realism scale there yields Uncanny Valley. Having real people wear cat ears, for instance, isn't nearly as creepy as the... creatures... depicted in the movie Cats, which were supposed to be realistic anthropomorphic cat people. 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 13, 2021, 03:45:32 am »

isn't nearly as creepy as the... creatures... depicted in the movie Cats, which were supposed to be realistic anthropomorphic cat people. 
Whoever thought those things looked good should be fired then shot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 13, 2021, 07:28:44 am »

Is wouldn't mind a movie about that Alfred guy web comic though
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 15, 2021, 07:34:21 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:59:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 15, 2021, 07:42:03 pm »

Ive allways had a weak spot for all kinds of unables, like doing those weird dribbles where you try to take handicapped people for fully capable while trying to discretly makes thhings easier for them and such... But I'm starting to gain a very bleak picture of people past a certain age who seem to get around with like 250 words of vocabulary.  I'm halfway convinced they all willfully choose not to understand in order to have an excuse to not have to behave like everybody else does. I think it's fair to say they demonstrated a certain lack of respect that can only be reciprocated. Id never be like that to somebody eager to learn. But there is just so much evidence pointing to people actively refusing to learn.

Being stupid is cool.

Look at how modern Family Guy or Simpsons practically revolve around terminally stupid assholes, and how rarely are they punished for it, much less seen as not some sort of virtue.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:26 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:58:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 15, 2021, 08:58:16 pm »

I'm currently living with one elderly with mid stage dementia and another showing signs of early. I fucking wish they were pretending just to screw with people. I wish so fucking hard that was actually true.

I've also seen zero indication it is true, unfortunately. It would take acting skills beyond anything I've ever seen and well beyond any they demonstrated in the years prior, with a consistency to keep doing it even when they're not aware that people are around, for months/years straight, all on top of a staggeringly wild shift in personality.

Age past a certain point just... ruins a lot of people, is about the best way I can describe it. It hollows out everything they were and leaves an incomplete shell that occasionally shits itself. In the process it often terrorizes, frustrates, and confuses what's left, leaving regularly unpleasant husks behind. The only thing worse than living around it is living it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 16, 2021, 02:15:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:58:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 16, 2021, 01:09:08 pm »

I mean, you'd hope, and supporting folks in this particular case go a fair bit out of their way to make sure they're not driving around... but they both still have valid licenses, despite one having reached the point of literal pants on head. Legally there's not actually much we could do to stop them if they seriously got it in their head to get behind a wheel (assuming the keys hadn't been... dealt with... anyway) and couldn't be dissuaded.

Elderly support networks in a lot of places are also staggeringly shit, which can pretty easily mean people that really, really shouldn't be driving around or doing much of anything in public unsupervised... do. Sometimes have to to not just starve to death. So... y'know. Don't actually know how probable that probably actually is :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 16, 2021, 01:57:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:03:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 18, 2021, 04:52:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:02:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 18, 2021, 07:56:59 am »

Everytime I have to work I wake once after 5-6h of sleep, then every 1-3 hours. I think I need about 10h of sleep to feel truely rested but that's including the time wasted falling asleep several times.

When I am on my own with nothing going on the day after I sleep less and in one piece. Eventhough I kinda like my current job my body is still  strictly against it.

Changing season tends to bring changing weather, which isn't good for feeling rested. Trying to keep a constant schedule, even on weekends and holidays, helps.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 21, 2021, 10:21:19 am »

I've tried to get into Ark a couple times. Theoretically, as a dinosaur island survival game, it looks like it should be one of my favorite games of all time.

However, it always drives me off with the way everything smells like an MMO, even in single player. Last time as well, I couldn't help thinking things like "Subnautica did this better." "This isn't how Subnautica would do it." "You're not my real dad, Ark!"

I think I'll just wait until something more like a dinosaur Subnautica comes out. At least Goner and Dinos Reborn might eventually provide that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 21, 2021, 11:39:16 am »

Does it have to be first person perspective/graphically appealing? If not, DinoSystem seems to be pretty obsessive about realistic mechanics.

...so, definitely not like Subnautica. At all.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 21, 2021, 12:10:26 pm »

I’ve actually played DinoSystem. I enjoyed it, it’s just a bit unfinished at the moment. Also, I think a major reason I liked Subnautica was the storytelling and sense of direction.

...It might just be that I liked Subnautica so much that every other survival game is a bit spoiled in comparison. At least I should be able to play Grounded and Below Zero soon!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 181