Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179767 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #900 on: February 24, 2020, 01:57:03 pm »

Tried playing Dead Rising 2 fresh, without using combo weapons, but I eventually caved and started duct-taping things together.

I did still did stupid things in boss fights, though, like trying to fight Seymour with dropkicks and the like.
Killed him by throwing a sawblade at him.

Maybe once I hit level 50 I’ll try the game without combo weapons. See how easy/hard it is.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 24, 2020, 06:57:39 pm »

Started up a new game of Openxcom-x-files but with the added challenge of only using stun rods/tazers and capturing everything.  Early game is possible but stalled on Reapers who shrug off stun rods and tazer shots.
      Hmmmm, gonna have to temporarily give up on that idea until I can figure out a new strategy to deal with that other than 'Run Away!'  Maybe I can 'accidentally' find some smoke grenades in a hidden corner of the van and choke the Reapers with lung-cancer or something.  Sitting inside the caves where Reapers are too big to go and zapping them for 30 rounds with no effect is not fun.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 25, 2020, 08:02:01 am »

Apparently finishing off the list of acclaimed VN classics that look tolerable with Ever 17. Impression from the first "playtrough" - god, it's finally just a fine book, without gratuitous fucking (although there are some light and funny jokes in it's direction), wacky superman fights, WILL POWERS, slice of life alternatives, and even without (much  :P) magibabble. Many a thing set up for Grand Reveal in second playtrogh, yet first is not worse for it. Some suspicious "technical details"... Googled, facepalmed a bit - 50% of things related to water physics is "artistic license" all the way. Went to see what Oracle of Half-thruths aka tvtropes: russian version says about this. Nothing much, but i facepalmed harder after reading it a bit. There is at least one thing true to "canon" - among characters, there is exactly one Totally Ordinary Schoolboy. Or maybe there are none, i didn't read too hard into that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 25, 2020, 08:55:23 am »

Started up a new game of Openxcom-x-files but with the added challenge of only using stun rods/tazers and capturing everything.  Early game is possible but stalled on Reapers who shrug off stun rods and tazer shots.
      Hmmmm, gonna have to temporarily give up on that idea until I can figure out a new strategy to deal with that other than 'Run Away!'  Maybe I can 'accidentally' find some smoke grenades in a hidden corner of the van and choke the Reapers with lung-cancer or something.  Sitting inside the caves where Reapers are too big to go and zapping them for 30 rounds with no effect is not fun.

You can also panic them with fire, but it's like 50-50 if they'll burn to death first.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 25, 2020, 09:45:54 am »

Apparently finishing off the list of acclaimed VN classics that look tolerable with Ever 17. Impression from the first "playtrough" - god, it's finally just a fine book, without gratuitous fucking (although there are some light and funny jokes in it's direction), wacky superman fights, WILL POWERS, slice of life alternatives, and even without (much  :P) magibabble. Many a thing set up for Grand Reveal in second playtrogh, yet first is not worse for it. Some suspicious "technical details"... Googled, facepalmed a bit - 50% of things related to water physics is "artistic license" all the way. Went to see what Oracle of Half-thruths aka tvtropes: russian version says about this. Nothing much, but i facepalmed harder after reading it a bit. There is at least one thing true to "canon" - among characters, there is exactly one Totally Ordinary Schoolboy. Or maybe there are none, i didn't read too hard into that.
But who kicked the can tho?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 26, 2020, 02:49:56 am »

I'm playing Wizardry 1 for the NES and can't really decide if I like it. I've played it every day for a few hours for at least a week, so it must be doing something right.

On the other hand, it feels very masochistic. I've suffered a TPK at the height of my power, and resurrecting certain party members is so expensive that I have to keep replacements on standby to grind the requisite gold. My cleric refuses to learn "dialko" on level-ups, so paralysis (a relatively common attack starting on level 3) instantly ends an expedition. My most powerful fighter, an absolute beast with hit points in the low 90s, was turned to ash by the temple and now they're charging double the price to try resurrecting him again.

I have a feeling this is one of those games I'll come back to occasionally but never get close to beating, like Long Live The Queen or FTL.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 26, 2020, 07:53:37 am »

edit: wrong thread
Love, scriver~

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 26, 2020, 06:02:24 pm »

Came back to X4 foundation after more than a year hiatus. Bought myself some trader and now xenon are blockading a major highway exit and lost almost all my cash. There was a massive fight but eventually argon and teladi lost their foothold when they started attacking each other instead of the xenon... Now im trying to make enough money to clear the blockade... 5 I battleship ans as many K. Cant count the number of figters there is too many.

Im seriously thinking about cheating to kill them.... I cannot see the argon being able to clear 5 I.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 26, 2020, 06:40:11 pm »

I'm playing Wizardry 1 for the NES and can't really decide if I like it. I've played it every day for a few hours for at least a week, so it must be doing something right.

On the other hand, it feels very masochistic. I've suffered a TPK at the height of my power, and resurrecting certain party members is so expensive that I have to keep replacements on standby to grind the requisite gold. My cleric refuses to learn "dialko" on level-ups, so paralysis (a relatively common attack starting on level 3) instantly ends an expedition. My most powerful fighter, an absolute beast with hit points in the low 90s, was turned to ash by the temple and now they're charging double the price to try resurrecting him again.

I have a feeling this is one of those games I'll come back to occasionally but never get close to beating, like Long Live The Queen or FTL.

This checks out for Wizardry for the NES. I remember trying to beat it at friend's house in grade school. Things would go swimmingly for the first 3 levels, next two levels they get a little spicy, and then floor 6,7, TPK.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 27, 2020, 11:21:05 am »

Finally got Spore to work on my PC, and it only took like three years. I am quite comfortable in now passing judgement: this game is definitely underwhelming for what it claims to be. There wasn’t really any doubt about that, but there we go.

Making abominations of nature is fun, though.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 27, 2020, 11:58:41 am »

Trying to get into Jagged Alliance 2 with its 1.13 mod.

Problem is, I can’t get close enough to my foes to reliably hit them without being shot first - and since none of my mercs have any armor, those shots are gonna hurt.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 28, 2020, 09:50:58 pm »

This competitive tower-defense mobile game called Random Dice has snagged my interest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 01, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »

Finally got Spore to work on my PC, and it only took like three years. I am quite comfortable in now passing judgement: this game is definitely underwhelming for what it claims to be. There wasn’t really any doubt about that, but there we go.

Making abominations of nature is fun, though.

dont forget to add the DLCs. and there's some coold mods still standing (albeit they can only do so much to improve the experience). there's also several sites and artists that make cool content. not sure how many blogs are still living but yeah, there was a time where you could download cool creatures and props to replace those vanilla organisms. i personally recommend playing around with a concept for the race and try to theme the buildings and vehicles on that. i had some cool empires going on my other PC. SPORE had something going on despite having lost so much potential in its development but it can be a good passtimer.

hopefully Thrive will get there eventually, Microbe stage seems to be getting better and better as time goes on, the first part of multicellular shouldnt be too far in the future.

as for me, im currently playing Underrail when not working on EVE. character build is mostly focused on being stealthy with good communication skills but having thermokinesis(or whatever is called) as backup. visiting Junkyard at the moment but still havent done the old junkyard mission, need to improve skills first before delving there.

EDIT:

naaa fuck that, i decided to start again with a different build. stealth oriented but no psionics, just good ol pistols (with versatility feat in case i need to run into melee). currently running the GMS compound mission.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:48:56 pm by xaritscin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 05, 2020, 11:19:11 am »

THE SIMSSSSSSSSSSS

Also a bit of the CTR reboot. Oh, and a couple of phone games I try to keep up with. Now I'm spoilt for choice as to what games to play, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 05, 2020, 11:32:30 am »

as for me, im currently playing Underrail when not working on EVE. character build is mostly focused on being stealthy with good communication skills but having thermokinesis(or whatever is called) as backup. visiting Junkyard at the moment but still havent done the old junkyard mission, need to improve skills first before delving there.

EDIT:

naaa fuck that, i decided to start again with a different build. stealth oriented but no psionics, just good ol pistols (with versatility feat in case i need to run into melee). currently running the GMS compound mission.

I enjoyed the first 1/2-2/3 of Underrail, but I remember the last portion that I played being wandering around trying to find places, or trying to grind better crafting materials so I could grind better equipment. The crafting system was moderately interesting, but way too granular. It's a game I still have installed because I liked it, but also I know I'll never play again because it was too frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100