Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179759 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1155 on: December 31, 2020, 06:53:35 pm »

Yeah, in long war you can reclaim lost countries.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 01, 2021, 03:18:21 am »

I've been playing Grow Up, the sequel to Grow Home, that game about a red robot riding phallic plants skyward, and I can't say I've been terribly enthused about it.

The game is pushy, it'll throw way-off objective markers in your face and prod you constantly to scan every new plant you come across. I have eyes, game, I can see that there're new plants here, leave me alone. Add that to the constant audible pinging of any unvisited fast-travel/respawning stations and race challenges nearby and it's really reminiscent of bombarding a easily distracted child with lights and sounds, trying to get them to bounce from thing to thing without rest. Which seems apt considering the main character.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only instead of the player going along with it because they're easily distracted, it's so that the game will finally stop bothering you.

All in all a lot more tiresome than its predecessor.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 05, 2021, 10:12:54 pm »

Been playing Forager, but am starting to regret buying it. It was fun to start, but it's starting to get repetitive. "Get money, buy island, loot island" over and over again. Maybe an island has an easy puzzle to keep my occupied for a minute or two, or maybe it has a fetch quest that is trivial. Either way, I'm finding less and less of a reason to continue searching these islands. Could someone tell me if some event happens to mix things up in the future? Why should I gather resources for the ability to gather more resources?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:49 am »

Picked up Shadow of War +DLC for 80% off, and since it's my first time playing this title I'm only going through on Brutal difficulty... Currently trying to plan my assault of the fortress in Gorgoroth, so I can finally depose that smug asshole of a berserker who yoinked the overlord spot after ruining me a few times.

Also I'm level 55 already and haven't even started Act III...

Just finished, or hit the current storyline end, of Subnautica Below Zero.  Not sure what to play next.

What are your feelings on it versus the original? I played the demo a long while back and although I did like certain additions, it sorta felt a bit... I dunno... More cramped/linear? Which does make perfect sense for a demo, bear in mind :P

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 10, 2021, 12:02:53 am »

Thought about Shadow of War, since I really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor.  Instead, I picked up GTA 5 on the Steam sale for $15, and have about 10 hours in it.  I'm not sure if I like the character switching bit... There are times it's pretty cool, like the first time (Franklin to Michael after crashing into the dealership).  But other times it seems like a filler gimmick (Franklin to the dog).  Main thing I'm not sure about it, yet, is where the "main" storyline is...

Been a few years since I played GTA 4, but the driving model for 5 seems to be more irritating.  Bikes constantly doing wheelies, twitchy steering, and all of that.  Still, having fun with it, for the price per fun unit.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 10, 2021, 10:28:44 am »

Touhou Genso Wanderer. Apparently that's what you get if you let a pile of artists loose on a dungeon crawler and don't bother with a decent port.
3D cutscenes!
Buttons from playstation in the tutorial!
Fully voiced dialogues!
Open equipment screen by holding A and pressing left arrow!
Amazing chracter art!
E for ESC menu and no rebinds! Did you guys seen a PC game?

Have nothing to say about game itself yet, I just left tutorial dungeon.  :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 10:33:17 am by MCreeper »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 10, 2021, 11:02:41 am »

I got real bored, and reinstalled Fallout New Vegas. I beat it and all of the DLC, so I'm free now, and don't need to touch that boring bug and invisible-wall infested shitshow again.

Boring is the worst sin. The game hands out loot, money, and xp so much that doing any exploring at all gets to overpowered to the point that nothing is worth exploring. Then the only way they can challenge you is swarms of enemies too fast to aim at properly, or BS puzzles that kill you if you don't guess the correct solution quickly enough (Dead Money is the worst DLC for anything ever, and I remember when a game was charging actual money for colored horse armor).

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 10, 2021, 11:12:58 am »

Just finished, or hit the current storyline end, of Subnautica Below Zero.  Not sure what to play next.

What are your feelings on it versus the original? I played the demo a long while back and although I did like certain additions, it sorta felt a bit... I dunno... More cramped/linear? Which does make perfect sense for a demo, bear in mind :P

Hmm.  I fully understand that BZ is still in progress.  I had picked up the original way back when fragments all had the same default safe graphic, and you couldn't explore the Aurora.  With that said, it is more cramped.  I've only built one base, where the original (felt like it) needed multiple as you push the exploration.  Part of that could be map size, part because you can have a Seatruck with a fabrication module.  I have over 200 hours in Subnautica, and just over 100 in Below Zero.

But that could be part of the draw of Subnautica - you are stranded and all alone.  And everything reinforces that - wide open horizon with nothing but ocean.  The sounds.  Finding only notes left behind by the others.  In BZ, you go there on purpose, end up with a companion of sorts, and there's just a different.. purpose.  Tracking down what happened to your sister, instead of survival & escape.

There are improvements over the original gameplay though - being able to pin recipes, UI layout, that kind of thing.  If you liked the original, you'll probably enjoy Below Zero.  But there is a difference, kind of like Dead Space 2 lacking the existential dread of Dead Space 1.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 10, 2021, 10:13:36 pm »

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead......well, not playing per say but im testing a mod im working on.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 11, 2021, 01:06:18 am »

Speaking of Dead Space, I just finished Dead Space 3 again.

I forgot that it was about 50% longer than the previous two games, and that its combat was much more tedious.  I've never played co-op in it and never will, but I hear that the game doesn't adjust the number of enemies you face depending on if you're playing solo or in co-op, which explains a lot.  Unlike the previous two games, most enemies are difficult to stun, run at you a lot faster and are generally tougher.

It doesn't help that my mouse's right button is dying, making combat in all three games a lot more difficult than it needed to be, but I rolled my eyes many times in Dead Space 3 because I turned around and there was yet another waster that just ignores me shooting its legs, which would have stunned enemies in 1 or 2.  At least ammo and health packs are common enough that you usually don't care.

I also kind of forgot how cringey the story got at times.  I came to like the twist about the origins of the necromorphs, but I hate how pretty much all of the characters are written.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 14, 2021, 09:01:32 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Hunt: Showdown recently, mostly playing solo and subsequently trying to avoid contact with other players. Does anyone else around here play it?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 18, 2021, 06:11:31 am »

And with that, I've now fully 100%-100%'ed Shadow of War. All quests, collectibles, and cheevos. Even ended up getting the cursed buggy sword of entirely too much power and discovered the caragor donk on my own.

There's a lot of good in that game, and while there are certain aspects of the first one that I prefer, this is a worthy sequel and I had a lot of fun with it. But it's also buggy/glitchy as fuck and there are areas where you can really feel how it's not living up to its full potential.

Still though, I spent 120+ hours faffing about to get to this point, and I plan on spending a few more at least.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 20, 2021, 09:39:04 pm »

FFXI. Quite fun.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 21, 2021, 12:18:22 pm »

And with that, I've now fully 100%-100%'ed Shadow of War. All quests, collectibles, and cheevos. Even ended up getting the cursed buggy sword of entirely too much power and discovered the caragor donk on my own.

There's a lot of good in that game, and while there are certain aspects of the first one that I prefer, this is a worthy sequel and I had a lot of fun with it. But it's also buggy/glitchy as fuck and there are areas where you can really feel how it's not living up to its full potential.

Still though, I spent 120+ hours faffing about to get to this point, and I plan on spending a few more at least.

I think I have like 175 hours in the game but still haven't beaten it. Need to do the last battle of the Shadow War.

But INSTEAD, I got the stupid idea in my head to try and build an entire fortress full of Legendary Assassin Necromancers w/ Great Strength. The idea being to make it a complete deathtrap for anyone that tries to attack my forts in online. The Necromancer side of it means they'll rez any trash the player manages to kill. The Assassin part means that if they down a player, that's pretty much it for them. And the Great Strength part means their throwing knives can literally one shot a player.

I think of the 30 or 40 hours of this I've done so far, I've managed to recruit like 5 or 6 Assassins that fit the bill. Necromancer is an exceptionally rare trait, and finding Assassins that have it, and aren't crippled by some stupid weakness, takes a lot of time. I'll probably never complete it. But that's ok. I enjoy just generating and slaughtering dozens of orcs an hour.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 21, 2021, 06:01:11 pm »

:o

How did you kill a captain while riding an olog? That’s the only thing I’m having great difficulty in doing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 100