Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 181109 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1455 on: October 22, 2023, 07:26:53 pm »

What game?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 22, 2023, 07:33:35 pm »

What game?

In scriver's image? That's Rimworld.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 23, 2023, 02:17:34 am »

I completely failed, though. Ship-site colony fell to massive tantrums and myrserous moods within days, presumably due to too high expectations or some other issue. I haven't played anything at all with moving colonies in Rimworld, I had made the flawed assumption that if you did their expectations would lower again like they are at colony start but oh well.

Back to an older save it is, and back to the original plan of iust sending a small force first to establish basic essentials before the rest of the colony arrives. I can only hope they don't get raided in forces relative to the full wealth of my faction because that would crush them.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 26, 2023, 02:48:30 am »

I have the vehicles mod and plan to start a raiding party to plunder tribes.

I might try creating a few transgened soldiers and ideal slaves too. I have this plan of actually keeping lots of slaves but adding the incapable of violence and peaceful tantrums to all of them if I can.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 28, 2023, 04:59:57 am »

Siege of Treboulain. It's bad. At making sense, at least. But probably fine in general as far as Mary Sues go.  ::)
1. City-state. Festive day. Suddenly, a grand horde of tatars lays seige to the city! Spies? Refugees? Them recently going on conquests? No? No. Tatars got very fast horses.
2. Also suddenly, a whole tatar-hired merc fleet pulls in and blockades the port! Spies? Maritime passerbys? No. Ships are also, apparently, very fast.
3. Sometime later, throne room. A garishly dressed foreigner strides in along with his honor guard. Claims that he is next in line to the throne, so if something happens... *wink* *wink* He is. Hardly anybody knows a prominent heir, much less queen herself. Later it transpires that he has an ostentatious mansion inside city itself. Fucking nobody knows about who owns it.
Also later, main chatacter wonders if she should recruit an urchin magical girl as one of the spies. Nope. You don't have any. Haven't seen one even halfway through the game, must be sneaky. And you are a clueless mofo.

There is rather a lot of things that make me go "Ok, ok, author doesn't know his shit (and neither do I), moving on". But the last was just laughable.

FAKEEDIT: Biggest merchant in the city needs help to name a price of it's exported good and say "Hey, look, those guys buy it and like it, you'll still profit much from this"? Come on.  ::)
EDIT: And of course, an MC that never even touched a weapon unless strictly necessary still has to fight a hulking superpowered monster of a dark overlord in single combat and win.

Angry EDIT: In Telltale Games fashion, saving or not saving somebody ultimately doesn't matter. Like saving that oddly powerful magical girl midway through the game. She would be mighty useful in a given situation, right? And such talent needs to be preserved anyways, right? Totally worth own eye, right?  >:( After that, she is never mentioned again until epilogue. Neither is the eye. It was inevitable. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:07:48 am by MCreeper »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 28, 2023, 06:10:40 pm »

I completely failed, though. Ship-site colony fell to massive tantrums and myrserous moods within days, presumably due to too high expectations or some other issue. I haven't played anything at all with moving colonies in Rimworld, I had made the flawed assumption that if you did their expectations would lower again like they are at colony start but oh well.

Back to an older save it is, and back to the original plan of iust sending a small force first to establish basic essentials before the rest of the colony arrives. I can only hope they don't get raided in forces relative to the full wealth of my faction because that would crush them.
"Storyteller Wealth" = (Colony Wealth Items + Colony Wealth Creatures + (Colony Wealth Buildings * 0.5))
Expectations (and raid size) scale to colony wealth.
Presumably, you brought all your pawns (and their expensive weapons, armor, and prosthetics), creatures, and as many valuable items as you could carry, which given you felt you were ready to end the game means you probably started at maximum expectations but without any of the rooms that you would need for everyone to not be suicidal.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 15, 2023, 12:17:22 am »

A lot of games.  But back into KSP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 15, 2023, 09:50:24 am »

Still playing We Who Are About To Die.

I just can't put it down. I've already tapped out most of the Roguelike progression goodness and seen most of the high end gear you can get.

And yet I keep coming back. The gameplay is just that satisfying. I love gladiator games, whether that's a gladiator manager or actually fighting as one. And WWABTD just scratches the action itch so well. Sure, the graphics are a little chunky. Sure, the physics are a little goofy. And yet it's found that fine edge between easy to play but depth of mastery.

It really sunk in when last night I was playing and I was fighting a guy. And I said to myself "Self, when he approaches and drops that shield to attack you, send a horizontal cut right across his face and take his head off." And that's exactly how it played out, in a split second of action. After 40 hours I get combat. I can figure out where I want to hit a guy and land my strikes exactly where I plan. I can see the moves in combat I want to make, the counters and responses and I can execute even in the heat of combat. There have been some patches to address how the game handles sure, but mostly it was learning HOW to fight a foe correctly and win that's felt so good.

And it really is a feeling. Especially in the late game where guys have excellent weapons and armor just like you do. It feels easy now...until a guy hits you full power with the right weapon in the weakest piece of armor vs. that weapon and suddenly it's a fight for your life. Fights can be quick, as fast as 15 seconds when there's just one or two combatants. Or it can be a full on brawl lasting several minutes when there's 16 gladiators in the arena.

The best part is I think it's still got room to grow, improve and add features. But the foundation of it, the combat, is so enjoyable to me that I could keep playing it in its current state for a long time. I'm usually not the type to seek higher difficulties for their own sake. I like my challenges fun and beatable rather than ball breaking. But I've so thoroughly dominated medium difficulty I'm going to kick it up to max because I really want to hone my skills even further.

There are like 7 legacies to beat, and last night I almost had three wins back to back to back.

I just can't say enough good things about the game.  For a $20 indie game made by one guy (now has some contractors helping out) it's one of the best indie games I've played in a while.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 10:00:35 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 17, 2023, 07:36:00 am »

Getting into Blasphemous right now.
It’s really fun, although sometimes it’s genuinely unfairly punishing, in a very DS1 way. The discovery aspect is awesome, though, and so is the lore, which is quite well-written. The aesthetic in general is very cool, a catholicism-inspired dark-fantasy setting ends up looking extremely cool done in 2D pixel art.

The combat is quite fun, too, and hard as well as satisfying to master. It can sometimes feel a little clunky, though, as can the platforming — hitboxes colliding when you think they shouldn’t or mechanics not being fully explained. If you approach it having learnt its own rules, though, it gets much more fun and manageable.

Edit:
And yet I keep coming back. The gameplay is just that satisfying. I love gladiator games, whether that's a gladiator manager or actually fighting as one. And WWABTD just scratches the action itch so well. Sure, the graphics are a little chunky. Sure, the physics are a little goofy. And yet it's found that fine edge between easy to play but depth of mastery.

It really sunk in when last night I was playing and I was fighting a guy. And I said to myself "Self, when he approaches and drops that shield to attack you, send a horizontal cut right across his face and take his head off." And that's exactly how it played out, in a split second of action. After 40 hours I get combat. I can figure out where I want to hit a guy and land my strikes exactly where I plan. I can see the moves in combat I want to make, the counters and responses and I can execute even in the heat of combat. There have been some patches to address how the game handles sure, but mostly it was learning HOW to fight a foe correctly and win that's felt so good.
Also, Nenjin, this sounds awesome. I might check it out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:38:09 am by Laterigrade »
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 17, 2023, 11:29:47 am »

I really enjoyed Blasphemous too. Its world building is unique when combined with that apocalyptic Spanish Catholic vibe.

Blasphemous 2 is also pretty good. A better game overall, however the world building isn't as strong as the first game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 12:13:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 21, 2023, 08:10:43 pm »

Diablo IV.

Picked this up a few weeks ago during a sale for the Steam release. Though I did not purchase it on Steam, but directly from Blizzard, who were mirroring the sale price. I had intended to get it on Steam, but with a bit of research I determined that Steam does not have the option to download the game without the 4k textures, which are optional on Blizzard's launcher. Those textures cut the game's footprint nearly in half, reducing a 90GB install to just under 50GB. Since I'm always low on storage space, that was an absolute dealbreaker for me.

I was hesitant when I saw the dreadful 'Mixed' reviews on Steam. But with a bit of research I learned that D4 has been subject to a massive review-bombing campaign, with dozens of redditors bragging about how they each created thousands of dummy accounts just so they could spend weeks doing nothing but leaving a slew of bad reviews across multiple platforms.

I'm not going to claim that D4 is absolutely perfect, but it's faults are generally minor, while the good points are sufficient to warrant multiple hundreds of hours of enjoyment, easily justifying the purchase price. Definitely recommend.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 21, 2023, 10:13:24 pm »

Cyberpunk 2077 with a bunch of mods, makes it...well...more like GTA more than the recent patch already made it (nightcity alive redmod) but I got a bunch of others.

Rome 2 Total War with DEI mod, and some graphical ones. Very fun total war, and still my favorite historical total war. The bronze age mod is shaping up well too.

Warhammer 3 total war, my most played total war. Do have a bunch of mods though and one that expands the map to be the entire world of warhammer, which is neat

Colony survival, a few mods, but this is actually a pretty neat colony(?) city builder. You can have up to 50,000 colonists(?) inside a city. Its more really a city builder than a colony builder. But its pretty unknown imo, and a really good game. I do turn off the random attacks though, I just want to build a city.

Noita, a few mods but not too many, super fun roguelike but I just got it so haven't played too much yet

Tropico 6...ITS TROPICO always love tropico

And finally Astrox Imperium, its EVE Online...but singleplayer. Literally.

thats the current games I'm playing

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 22, 2023, 03:15:19 pm »

Today I revisted morrowind, with a wabbajack modlist called path of the incarnate. new version came out today :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 23, 2023, 05:58:37 pm »

Started up Universe Sandbox again, and upon load I decided to start messing with the solar system. Threw down a second sun in a close orbit around the first, they both took off out of the solar system. Then threw down a 10k sol mass black hole, admired it taking off in the direction of the suns while dragging everything else with it in extremely eccentric orbits. And then threw a 100 sol mass black hole around it. Now things are getting thrown out, but some of them are being thrown out faster than light (because the simulation allows that.) Saturn took off at 0.515c, one asteroid got tossed out at 1.26c, one at 3.44c. and finally I barely spotted one zip off and managed to catch it. At 2869c! There's also one leaving at 15.2c. Truly a gift of simulated physics
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 27, 2023, 01:58:24 am »

just started Dark Souls Remastered, which I’m trying to go into as blindly as I can, in this day and age
but it’s a blast, so far, and the raw terror of losing your souls and humanities is overwhelming
interesting to see the greater emphasis on blocking and parrying compared to Elden Ring, too
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100