Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 91159 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »

Harness the power of SPOOKY to bring more hellgate forces through! Have the SPOOKY army defend the gate.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2018, 03:40:26 pm »

Use my Halloween King powers to make me immune to overshoots! Then transform into a giant pumpkin kaiju!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2018, 05:47:16 pm »

"SCREW THAT! YOU CAN'T JUST CANCEL HALLOWEEN!"

PUT ON AN ARMY HELMET AND MAYBE FLAK JACKET IF I CAN FIND ONE, STUFF MY BELONGINGS INTO MY BAG, WIELD MY KNIFE IN MY REMAINING HAND AND HEAD OUTSIDE. IT'S TIME TO TRICK-OR-TREAT, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2018, 12:07:05 am »

Have me and my crew go plundering for candy... wherever we are.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2018, 07:38:11 am »

Try again, and eat the candy for a magic boost.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:02 am »

The people of the town are still panicking, some are trying to flee others are hiding in there homes.
The state police have arrived, bringing several SWAT teams and a news crew came with them.
The US National Guard is on the way it'll take them a bit to get here, and they're better armed than any police agency.
A group of unaligned demons killed The SPOOKY forces.
The nightmares killed all the armed civilians.
The giant pumpkin headed kaiju has risen.
More priests are on the way.
The Wild Hunt went home.
Its October 31 11:20p.m.
Ama hasn't posted for the forth time so I gave him another random action, if he doesn't post next turn his character will become a NPC.
Outsider didn't post for the second time so they get a random action.

He muttered under his breath, "Halloween will not die off like this..."
Hotwire car, magicalize it into a halloween float with the help of firesouls.
(Hotwireing cop car = 4) After a few minutes you figure out what wire starts the car and which ones don't, and after moving it some it seems to be in good condition so you go to step two.
(Magically turning it into a Halloween float = 5) With the help of the firesouls you magic the cop car into a super spooky Halloween float, and after looking at it your quite proud of the way it turned out.

Use an explosive bean on Enemy Post.
(2) You throw the bean at Enemy Post's house, but after the explosion you don't hear anything that sounded like it hurt him, turns out its really hard to hit someone that's been buried under a bunch of ruble. 

Get out of the rubble and hide in my basement, avoiding the angry raccoons that just fell from my attic.
(Getting out of rubble = 6) You manage to unstick yourself from some of the ruble but you get cut on a bunch of wood and scratched by the raccoons on the way out.
(Getting to the basement = 2) As you get near the door to the basement there's a large explosion and more of your house collapses and blocks the door.

Halloween is canceled!? How dare these hoolagans cause chaos just in time to ruin my favorite holiday!?

Morph into a COMBAT FORM and go forth to help the police murder the fuck out of demons and shit. This will not stand. I will spill blood until order is restored and Halloween can begin!

(Morphing in to combat form = 5) You quickly morph into am more a more combat ready form, with sharp claws and teeth, in the end you look like a really dangerous werewolf like creature.
(Murdering the fuck out of demons = 3) After a few minutes you finally find where the demons are, but you can't get into a good position to kill any of them.

Use magic to turn my house with spooky decorations into a spooky fortress.
(5) With the power of magic you turn your house in to a super spooky fortress.

Now that the peasants have been dismissed, it is time to go on a quest for candy to collect and evil to smite!
(4) You wander around picking up random candy from the ground, then you stumble upon whats causing all the panic a bunch of demons.

Harness the power of SPOOKY to bring more hellgate forces through! Have the SPOOKY army defend the gate.
(Bringing Hellgate forces through = 6) You call out the names of demons in order to get them to come through the gates, but they aren't happy to see you or the SPOOKY forces, and they immediately run out and begin killing the SPOOKY forces, you manage to get out of the way fast enough to avoid being killed.
(SPOOKY forces defending the gate = 1) They try to defend the gate from the demons, but there are to many of them and they get overrun and slaughtered.

Use my Halloween King powers to make me immune to overshoots! Then transform into a giant pumpkin kaiju!
(Making immune to overshoots = 3) You try to magic away overshoots, but it seems like your unable to do it.
(Becoming Pumpkin kaiju = 4) With the previous venture failed you turn your attention to becoming a Kaiju and begin channeling your magic into making your self bigger, and slowly but surly you begin to grow and grow until you tower above the town by at least four stories, which wasn't that had as the tallest building in town was three stories.

"SCREW THAT! YOU CAN'T JUST CANCEL HALLOWEEN!"

PUT ON AN ARMY HELMET AND MAYBE FLAK JACKET IF I CAN FIND ONE, STUFF MY BELONGINGS INTO MY BAG, WIELD MY KNIFE IN MY REMAINING HAND AND HEAD OUTSIDE. IT'S TIME TO TRICK-OR-TREAT, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!    
(Finding flak jacket = 6) After looking for a bit you find a dead guy with a flack jacket, and you take it, but its really bloody your not sure if you should wear it or not.
(Trick-or-treating = 3) Looks like most people have fled your area, but you do find some candy on the ground.

Have me and my crew go plundering for candy... wherever we are.
(4) You and your crew set off looking for candy to plunder, and its really easy to get now that most everyone has runoff in to the night, you obtain a whole bunch of candy. 

Try again, and eat the candy for a magic boost.
(4) You eat another candy and get an additional magical boost.

Quote from: Outsider
Get the nightmares to do spooky stuff, like kill the locals.
(5) You and your nightmares go out to start killing civilians, starting with the armed ones defending some barricade and the others that are helping to evacuating people, you make quick work of the lot of them.

Quote from: Ama
Go find another car, bigger than the last one.
(3) You find another hatch back, at this rate you might have to make a convoy of hatch backs to hall all the werewolves.

Quote from: State police command unit
Assess the situation.
(1+3 For seeing the Pumpkin headed kaiju) They order an evacuation of all civilians and for all units to fall back to a more defend able position, and contact the national guard for help with dealing with the giant pumpkin monster.   

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 1
Go to the barricade.
(1) They get lost on the way to where the fighting is.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 2
Go to barricade.
(5) They have better luck finding the barricade than the others, but as they arrive they see a bunch of nightmares kill all the civilians that were trying to defend the barricade.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 3
Search the town for other threats.
(2) After several minutes of looking they can't find any other threats.

Quote from: News crew
Film the action and report whats happening.
(Filming = 4) They manage to get great shots of the kaiju growing up and of the civilians being killed by nightmares.
(Reporting = 5) Somehow the reporter manages to stay calm and collected during the crises that's unfolding around them.

Quote from: armed citizens 1
Defend the barricade.
(2) They fight valiantly, but there were to many nightmares, and they get overwhelmed and killed.

Quote from: armed citizens 2
Keep trying to help people evacuate.
(1) Even though they were no where near the barricade they still got killed.

Quote from: armed citizens 3
Defend the barricade.
(1) The nightmares rushed over the barricade like a flood of death, and they all were torn to shreds by the nightmares.

Quote from: Priest
Ask for divine healing, or paramedics.
(2) God doesn't answer and the phone lines are all busy.

Quote from: Police looking for the monster
Follow the monster.
(3) And again they get lost as they follow the monster again.

Quote from: Paramedics, coroner, and some cops
Keep trying to evacuate the area.
(5) This time people listen to them and they help lots of people.

Turns until more priests arrive: 1
Turns until the US National Guard arrives: 5

Town Population: 10,458
Total killed: 165
Total people fled the town: 834
Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2018, 09:58:47 am »

"YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE ME, ENEMY POST!"

Go after enemy post and knock him out my headbutting him.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2018, 10:03:12 am »

Help civilians to get to the super spooky fortress is safer than their houses or the streets
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:45 am »

He started up his float. May the spirit of Halloween protect him. He drove as close as he could to the fighting, then got on top with the mic for the cop-car's megaphone. The fire-souls circled around the speaker, amplifying its volume with magic. He breathed in deep, pushed the button, and started his speech.
"EVERYBODY STOP!"
His yell resonates through the whole town, and everyone stops for a moment to listen to his voice.
"Look at yourselves! This is supposed to be Halloween! A time where we can pretend to be something we're not, or something we really are! But we've turned it into a war between everyone different!
"It's supposed to be a time of candy and smiles, not blood and tears!
"We've turned into TRUE monsters tonight. By my count, there are no fewer than 150 dead already. Why did we start this bloodshed?
"That's right. There was no purpose. There was no rhyme or reason. Just cold-blooded murder. If we can all just take a step back, and look at what we've done, maybe we can still have a wonderful All Hallow's Eve. But if we keep going like this, then not just Halloween will be cancelled. We'll miss Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and the New Year, and ALL the holidays to come... Because we'll be dead. Please. Take a moment, and breathe. We don't have to stain this pure, cotton-candy snow with red. We can just enjoy the night."
He dropped the mic, hoping that his message got through to a few people. If it didn't, well, there was always the "Halloween Apocalypse Mode" he had installed in the car because of how things were right now. He had a plan B and everything!

TL;DR - DELIVER INSPIRING, SAD SPEECH TO ENTIRE TOWN, HOPING TO COOL THE FIGHTING DOWN.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:48 am »

Become the Magic Pixie of Halloween with that boost.

Then turn my Home into a Candyland-

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2018, 02:46:20 pm »

Conjure a landship with my magical powers for my crew to ride on.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:53 pm »

enchant my sword using the magic of the candy I have gathered, Then slay the demons and nightmares alongside the werewolf!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:15:51 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2018, 03:14:34 pm »

"Wait, CABL! Didn't you hear what KitRougard said? This is supposed to be Halloween. You're not supposed to fight on Halloween, that's what Thanksgiving is for!

Also, come on, you've seen how I live. There's not exactly much to kill here. Let's just put this aside and do some Trick or Treating, what do you say?"

Give moral support to KitRougard's action.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:37 pm »

FOOLS! HALLOWEEN WAS NEVER ABOUT CANDY OR BEING PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT! IT WAS ABOUT FEARING FOR YOUR LIFE AND SENDING OFFERINGS TO THE DEAD!!! HALLOWEEN HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BY MODERNISM AND CAPITALISM INTO A DISGUSTING COMMERCIAL HOLIDAY!! I WILL MAKE HALLOWEEN GREAT AGAIN!!!

Call the house back to me and fuse with it! Becoming Halloween GOD!!! DESTROY THE TOWN AFTER THAT!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »

Grow a giant stinger-tipped tentacle and inject memetic neurotoxin into the god of Halloween.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47