Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 91049 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2018, 08:19:11 am »

ANNOUNCEMENT:
So far I have been able to do an update a day, but doing so has been eating into the time I would usually be asleep, so I have finally decided to do updates every other day instead, every now and then I might do daily updates but not all the time.

Also three people haven't posted their turn yet so there's another reason to wait, but if they don't post tomorrow they'll get some random action.

OTHER THING:
Hows everyone feel about the game so far, I'm really curious as to whether or not the game sucks.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2018, 08:52:27 am »

...My main complaint would be that something more entertainingly explosive should happen when a fleshhorror attempts to transform most of its body mass into separate entities, but you have a lot of players here and I picked one of the hardest sorts of creature for a GM to manage, so it's understandable. There seems to be an awful lot of NPCs in play, and I can't really be bothered to read what they're all doing or keep track of the greater situation.

You have a game that takes a lot of effort to update due to sheer volume of people interested in playing, so I'd say it's safe to assume that your game isn't shitty. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2018, 11:27:42 am »

Send out flaming eyeball to be the census-keeper, to grant more specific totals of all warring sides involved.
Deliver generic inspiring speech to terrified animated animatronic skeletons, to get them to circle the fuck up already around the float.

OOC: I agree with all these people, this has spiraled SO HARD out of control, but it's amazing in any case. Keep up the good writing!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:00:34 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2018, 01:00:05 pm »

It's a good RTD. I did not expect to become a ghost pirate fighting a demon army, but I find the idea interesting to play so I just go with it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2018, 01:01:22 pm »

First off, I'd like to say that I know exactly how difficult a game like this is to manage. I'm impressed with how long you were able to maintain a daily schedule. You kept it up longer than I did, anyway.

I'll admit I haven't really paid close attention to anyone else's plot, but my own character has been a lot of fun. You've really played along with the idea of somebody who willingly lives in a house that has every possible infestation at the same time. The character taking directions as "a house" was a clever use of a die roll and really in-character. I think you're doing a very good job.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2018, 04:55:34 pm »

Agreed, high quality RTD.

Teach the new demons how to make ritual circles, send them to convert their former allies.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2018, 12:38:53 am »

LEAVE MY SMALL ARMY OF VOLUNTEERS TO CONTINUE RESCUE AND EVACUATION EFFORTS (AS WELL AS RECRUITING MORE VOLUNTEERS), THEN GO IN SEARCH OF A LARGE-CAPACITY VACUUM CLEANER, A PRIEST, AND A PADLOCK.
NOT NECESSARILY IN THAT ORDER.

((I AM HAVING FUN, GOOD JOB, YOU SEEM TO BE DOING WELL KEEPING TRACK OF EVERYTHING))     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2018, 10:57:39 am »

Thanks for all the positive feedback and for the reassurance that the game isn't crap.

The people of the town are still panicking, some are trying to flee others are hiding in their homes.
The first player character important NPC has been killed! R.I.P. Outsider
Another group of soldiers gets turned into demons, and then a platoon of soldiers got killed.
The last of the state police have been killed off.
Its November 1 12:20A.m.

Turn the Town into a Candyland.
(1) You begin to concentrate on making whats left of the town in to a candyland, and you concentrate harder and harder and harder until your head starts to really hurt, you realize that you accomplished nothing but giving your self a migraine.

absorb the pumpkin spider army to become THE ULTIMATE PUMPKIN-SPIDER and fight the god of Halloween.
(Absorbing spider army = 4) You combine with the other pumpkin spiders which causes you to grow to about the size of a two story house, you feel like there was some outside influence kind of aiding in your change.
(Fighting the god of Halloween = 6) As you go to fight the god of Halloween all the ruined houses around you and him reform into a giant arena, you quickly run up to him and give him a few cuts to the leg right before he kicks you in the face. Then before you can recover he grows a hard looking exoskeleton.

Try to salvage the tank cannon and attach it to the landship.
(Salvaging the tank cannon = 4) Luckily for you the cannon is still intact even though the tank was destroyed.
(Attaching to landship = 3) You only manage to install it part way there's still a bit to go before its functional.

TRANSFORM PART OF THE TOWN INTO AN ARENA AND HELP THE CHALLENGER FUSE WITH THE SPIDERS!!! THEN GROW AN ARMORED HARD CANDY EXOSKELETON TO PROTECT ME FROM ANY AIR SUPPORT ARTILLERY!

YOU IMPRESS ME WITH YOUR TENACITY, MORTAL!!! LET US DECIDE THE FATE OF THE WORLD IN A BATTLE BETWEEN TWO USERS OF THE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT!!!!
(Helping with the transformation = 3) For some reason you aren't able to help more than a little bit with the fusion, but it doesn't matter as he was able to do it on his own.
(Transforming part of town = 5) You use your god powers to reform the rubble around you and the spider in to a massive arena, and as soon a you finish the spider rushes at you and begins to claw up your legs, to which you respond by kicking it in the face.
(Growing hard candy exoskeleton = 5) As the spider is temporarily away from you, you then yet again channel your god powers into a armored hard candy exoskeleton.

You know, I think I’ll join.

Everyone remembers Angelo and Diablo, right?
Take over the army of demons

Your Angelo and Diablo and you're in your house.
(Do people remember them = 1) In the game world you go around for a bit and yell "Does remember Angelo and Diablo?" most people just look at you and others yell "What are you smoking?", or "Who cares.", but outside the game in the real world most people know who they are.
(Taking over army of demons = 4) After a bit of conversation you become the leader of the small group of unaligned demons.

UKULELE SOLO
(5) You deliver an epic UKULELE SOLO and after a bit CABL starts playing the drums to the song your playing.

slay the outsider, slay the demons! slay the ghost possessing a demon! SLAY THE EVIL WITH THE POWER OF MY HOLY BLADE!
(Slaying Outsider = 5) After a few minutes you discover Outsider's hiding place and surprise him then you begin to hack and slash at his body, and when he finally tries to do something he launches himself straight on to your sword, which kills him instantly. Congratulations you obtained the first player important NPC kill.
(Slaying demons = 1+1 for holy sword) You look around but can't find any demons, where could they all be?
(Slaying Doomblade187 = 2) You can't find him ether, your not really sure where he could be.

DRUMS ACCOMPANYING UKULELE SOLO.
(4) You listen to the solo for a bit before you find the perfect place to start playing the drums.

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRFUCKIT ABSORB ALL AVAILABLE NEARBY BIOMASS AND REINFORCE THIS BODY INTO A WHIRLING BLENDER OF KILLINESS

AND IF I ROLL ONE MORE 2 OR 3 IMMEDIATELY KILL MYSELF

(Absorbing ALL nearby biomass = 4) You begin to absorb all the biomass nearby like dead bodies, wood, plants, dead animals, and other stuff, this also causes you to grow much larger.
(Reinforcing body into whirling blender of death = 6) You use some of this newly acquired biomass to reinforce your body, and then try to turn into a whirling blender of killingness, but the constant spinning causes you to get dizzy and get a headache.

Send out flaming eyeball to be the census-keeper, to grant more specific totals of all warring sides involved.
Deliver generic inspiring speech to terrified animated animatronic skeletons, to get them to circle the fuck up already around the float.

OOC: I agree with all these people, this has spiraled SO HARD out of control, but it's amazing in any case. Keep up the good writing!
(Sending out eyeball census-keeper = 3) The eyeball flies off and a few minutes later it returns and begins rapidly blinking at you, but you don't understand the information its trying to convey to you.
(Delivering speech = 5) You deliver a speech that's so inspiring that the skeletons all get up and run to their positions.

Agreed, high quality RTD.

Teach the new demons how to make ritual circles, send them to convert their former allies.
(6) After a few minutes and several explosions that killed a few of them the survivors learn how to use the ritual circles properly, then you send them out.

LEAVE MY SMALL ARMY OF VOLUNTEERS TO CONTINUE RESCUE AND EVACUATION EFFORTS (AS WELL AS RECRUITING MORE VOLUNTEERS), THEN GO IN SEARCH OF A LARGE-CAPACITY VACUUM CLEANER, A PRIEST, AND A PADLOCK.
NOT NECESSARILY IN THAT ORDER.

((I AM HAVING FUN, GOOD JOB, YOU SEEM TO BE DOING WELL KEEPING TRACK OF EVERYTHING))     
You say your goodbyes and separate from your group.
(Finding a vacuum = 4) It only takes a minute to find a large vacuum.
(Finding a priest = 2) You find a priest, but he's really dead, like he's been dead for awhile.
(Finding a padlock = 5) You look around some more and find a padlock and it still has the key.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: Outsider leader of the nightmares
Try to defend self.
(1) You fail at defending yourself by running straight into the knights sword, this act kills you instantly.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Feeling guilty about leaving the towns people to die, I wake up the other werewolves and we all get in the hatchbacks and go back to the town.
(3) You wake up the other werewolves, but they aren't happy about it, then you all get in the hatchbacks and get lost on the way back to the town.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Continue to rescue and evacuate people.
(2) They don't find any new people during their searching.

Quote from: army of demons
Kill as many military personnel as possible.
(Killing military = 4) They kill some of a platoon but not all of it.
(Killing civilians= 6) Turns out what they thought were civilians were actually soldiers, they suffer some losses for that mistake.
(Killing military = 5) They find a platoon that's trying to evacuating  people and catch them off guard and kill them all.

Quote from: Infantry Platoon 1
Kill some demons.
(6) They manage to rappel the demon attack but suffer loses.

Quote from: Infantry Platoon 2
Kill demons.
(4) All demons they encounter get killed.

Quote from: Infantry Platoon 3
Evacuate civilians.
(1) A group of demons sneak up on them and slaughter all the soldiers.

Quote from: Infantry Platoon 4
Evacuate the civilians.
(2) They unknowingly step on some ritual circle and get turned into demons.

Quote from: Demon Infantry Platoon + Knowledge of ritual circles
Use the newly acquired knowledge to convert former allies.
(4) They successfully turn another platoon of soldiers in to demons.

Quote from: Light armored vehicle 1
Kill the demons.
(2) They continue to do nothing but drive around.

Quote from: Light armored vehicle 2
Go to an area where there's fighting.
(4) With rapid fire they kill off a bunch more demons.

Quote from: Light armored vehicle 3
Kill more demons.
(6) As they drive around and kill demons they blow a tire and get the vehicle stuck.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 1
Keep defending the position.
(2) After a long battle the demons finally overrun and kill them.

Quote from: News crew
Keep filming and try to wake the reporter up again, and have some one stand in for him.
(Waking the reporter up = 6) Their attempts to wake the reporter exacerbate his injuries and kill him.
(Filming = 2) The camera man is now panicking from seeing the reporter die, so he continues to film the ground.
(Reporting = 3) The new reporter is also panicking and can't really say whats going on.

Quote from: Paramedics, coroner, and some cops
Search for any survivors.
(5) They help even more people escape the town.

Turns until air support arrives: 2

Percent demon army left: 76%

Town Population: 10,458
Total killed: 4,176
Total people fled the town: 5,866
Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2018, 11:08:42 am »

...WEAK...INSUFFICIENT!!!

GIVE THE SPIDER POWER EQUAL TO MY OWN!!! THEN PUNCH IT!!!!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

bite a chunk of the candy armor consuming it for magic power.

Then blast a giant magic beam trough that hole
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2018, 11:11:46 am »

Finish the performance and thank everyone who showed up at the witch house!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2018, 11:17:17 am »

Finish attaching it to the landship, and then make it powered by candy. More candy = more boom.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2018, 11:27:20 am »

While the audience is distracted by CABL, take a moment to get all the scorpions out of my shoes.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2018, 11:42:42 am »

Turn Town into Candyland.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:17 am »

"DAMMIT EYEBALL, GROW A BLOODY MOUTH OR SOMETHING!"
Make eyeball grow a speaking mouth, so I can get my census information.
At the very least, try to count his blinks, figure out which number goes where.

I physically cannot wage war without numbers.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47