Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112245 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2019, 05:37:46 pm »

It would also be good to test how much Piecewise relies on our own perception and knowledge and how much he can understand about the world on his own. Can he find his way to us when there's a wall between us? Can he automatically open a door or does he need to be instructed to do so? Can he find a shorter path than the one we took/know about? Can he see the strange creatures on the plane?
It would also be good to test how much Piecewise relies on our own perception and knowledge and how much he can understand about the world on his own. Can he find his way to us when there's a wall between us? Can he automatically open a door or does he need to be instructed to do so? Can he find a shorter path than the one we took/know about? Can he see the strange creatures on the plane?

Also also hey, can he communicate with us telepathically, and can we still communicate with him at distance? We should send a mental command of some sort and request information (is it dark in the closet, etc) and a confirmation that he has received said request.
Knock on the front door. Also, at some point we need to find out if everyone around here can see flying ghost fish, or if it's just us.
These are all very good questions. +1 to the actionable bits.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 08:37:45 am »

Also also hey, can he communicate with us telepathically, and can we still communicate with him at distance? We should send a mental command of some sort and request information (is it dark in the closet, etc) and a confirmation that he has received said request.
Knock on the front door. Also, at some point we need to find out if everyone around here can see flying ghost fish, or if it's just us.
These are all very good questions. +1 to the actionable bits.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 09:52:08 am »

Also enter the bookstore maybe.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 11:20:06 am »

You concentrate on Piecewise and mentally ask him a question about the state of the closet.  You don't get a vision of the closet, nor do you get a verbal response, but you do have a very odd feeling. Its almost like deja vu, a memory that feels profoundly out of place seems to pop into your head. Not a sense memory either, just the knowledge that the closet is dark.

Knowledge of the sensory perception of a skeleton now gained, you cross the street over to the building and, after a quick straightening of your clothing and a double check that there's no blood hidden in the lines of your face, knock three times.  You wait a good 30 seconds and are about to start knocking again when one of the big double doors slowly creaks open.  The one behind it is a man, who has his shoulder up to the door and is peering out through the opening with what might be described as angry curiosity. He immediately reminds you of a horned owl: tufts of white hair, angry brow, hooked nose.  The left side of his face is is potmarked with scars and the eye on that side is clearly glass. He's missing most of his left arm as well.

He gives you  a look up and down and then tilts his head a bit.

"You just gonna stand there mute?  State your business or be off with you." he says, thrusting his pointed chin at you as he speaks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 11:24:12 am »

"Sorry, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to be more clueless than I am. I believe that I'm supposed to ask for Esme?"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 01:47:45 pm »

"Sorry, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to be more clueless than I am. I believe that I'm supposed to ask for Esme?"

+1 to this response, and flash the business card with a dramatic flourish.

Also
[He immediately reminds you of a horned owl: tufts of white hair, angry brow, hooked nose.]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:24 am »

+1 to this response, and flash the business card with a dramatic flourish.

Also
[He immediately reminds you of a horned owl: tufts of white hair, angry brow, hooked nose.]
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2019, 10:29:32 am »

"Sorry, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to be more clueless than I am. I believe that I'm supposed to ask for Esme?" You say, producing the business card and handing it over to him.  He shifts his position so that he can get his right arm through the door and grabs the card. He looks it over in an odd sort of way, as though it is some sort of foreign insect that he is examining, turning it over and over and even looking at the edges of it. After a few moments he grunts and hands it back. He shoves the door the rest of the way open and then jerks his head towards the interior. You notice he has an old military sabre dangling from his belt. It looks quite out of place considering the rest of his porter-like uniform.

"Esme is down in the records room. Follow the signs. Try nothing funny, lad, else you'll regret it."

You consider asking what he means by that but you have the distinct feeling he won't explain himself. You're about to head in when you remember something.

"By the way," You say and point at one of the spectral fish things gliding by just overhead, "Do you see that?"

The man's eyes narrow and you feel the intensity of his stare ratchet up by a few orders of magnitude. His eyes...well the right eye at least...darts rapidly from you, up to where you're indicating and back down in a fraction of a second.

"No." He says slowly, "Is there something I ought to be seeing?" There's a definite tension to him now and you notice how his right hand has very slightly changed orientation, so that he could more easily grab the handle of his sabre.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2019, 10:39:48 am »

"Dunno, didn't I literally just tell you how clueless I am? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing, or what you're supposed to be seeing, or what you are seeing, or what I'm seeing really. Whatever, it's probably hallucinations."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2019, 11:16:39 am »

Note to self: should probably only ask this question to people who have strands linking them to something else, like we do. Or at least people less paranoid and/or less likely to stab us for doing so.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2019, 01:35:13 pm »

Note to self: should probably only ask this question to people who have strands linking them to something else, like we do. Or at least people less paranoid and/or less likely to stab us for doing so.

Science complete, normies can't see spectral ocean life. Apologize for the mistake, and assure him you also want exactly zero trouble and are only here on invitation and by curiosity.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2019, 07:28:57 am »

Science complete, normies can't see spectral ocean life. Apologize for the mistake, and assure him you also want exactly zero trouble and are only here on invitation and by curiosity.
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2019, 09:52:05 am »

"No. No, sorry I just thought I saw something strange." You say, scratching your head in what you hope is an effective pantomime of being confused, "Don't worry about it. I'm not here to cause trouble, just to see Esme."

The man slowly relaxes and takes a step back from the door so you can enter, though he doesn't say anything more.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:20 pm »

In we go, follow the signs down to Esme.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2019, 04:51:08 am »

In we go, follow the signs down to Esme.
+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 94